Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. N.Ravindra ShettyYour feedback matters!
My mother is 66 years old. BP and Sugar also. Few things which are disturbing her these days., Pain in legs, swollen feet, lot of vertigo when getting up or lying down, high pain in head, high BP. Pls help.
My mother is 70 years old, recently she had a hair line fracture on hand, she had a PLASTER on hand, she is taking heavy dose of pain killer, she got relief for some time but again the pain get started. Also she is having arthritis. Doctor said after 6 week plaster will be remove, so my question is as a arthritis patient she get ok after 6 week, also WHY SHE IS HAVING PAIN WHEN THE plaster IS THEIR. Pl guide me.
I am 26 year old male and have backache for last 2 months. I am sickle cell patient. I have used vitamin tablet but haven't got any relief. What should I do now?
Hi Dr. Ji mere Kamar k andar ki taraf bohat dard hota hai dimagh yaddash bhi bohat kharab hai par jab road par chalta hu to ek chhote se gaddeh se mere dard ho jata hai.
Hello Dr. thanx for your suggestion pls suggest some medicine tried many things ntg help too mch severe joint pain since 7 months ,how mch post chikungunya arthritis take.
Gout is a type of arthritis, which can affect your joints, though usually, it causes maximum harm to your big toe. Symptoms that you are having a bout of gout include having a stiffness and swelling of the joint in question. The pain is very sudden and also causes a burning sensation. Gout is basically a recurrent type of inflammatory arthritis. However, the pain associated with gout can be remedied by Ayurveda.
Here are some of the best Ayurvedic remedies which can be used:
- Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu: Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu is the most common and most widely recommended treatment for gout. However, it needs to be taken on an empty stomach. It is also worth note that it works best when teaspoons of it are taken two times a day with warm milk.
- Kaishore Guggulu: Kaishore guggulu is a type of medicine, which should be accompanying Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu. It Is usually administered after some initial relief is felt from Panchatikta Ghrita Guggulu. Its best to consume this medicine in tablet form thrice a day.
- Shallaki: This Ayurvedic remedy is great for decreasing the pain in the joints affected. It also decreases the swelling in those joints, which have been affected by the bout of gout. Shallaki is also crucial in making sure that cartilage forms and that the blood supply to the joint which is affected by gout is still stable.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is medically known as Withania Somnifera. In the West, Ashwagandha is popularly known as Winter Cherry. Also, it has a lot of therapeutic properties, which include reducing joint pains and also inflammation of muscles. This herb can also work wonders on your blood circulation.
- Pinda Taila: This is a type of oil which needs to be applied externally. Pinda Taila is a very rare class of medicines which treats gout externally. Pinda Taila or Guduchyadi Taila is administered by rubbing it on the body part affected. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
My mother (50 yrs) has pains in the knee joints from last 4 yrs so please suggest some prescription.
My wife having 30 years. We have 2 child both delivery are normal once but from that she have lot of back pain.
Sir I can drive a car in calcaneum fracture in my right foot and I have not more pain daily routine, cast is 3 weeks old.
I am 40 years old male and have back pain and neck pain, uric acid increases when I eat like chicken, paneer etc what should I do, I am suffering last 3 years.
I have calf muscles pain in both leg at night and day time. I have taken medicine but no any changes jas taken. What should I do?
I practice shuttle-badminton regularly but since a month I get shoulder pain after practice ,I also tried some medications but not helpful ,pain is even more severe when I sleepy what may be the reason?
My wife has been suffering from oa since past 30 years or so. She is now 79. Her ortho has advised her tkr. Is it advisable?
Causes and risk factors of hunchback
Hunchback results when the vertebrae in the upper back become increasingly wedge-shaped and the cause for this can be various problems such as:
Cancer and treatment for cancer.
Risk factors: there are certain groups of people who are at increased risk for developing hunchback such as:
Adolescent girls who have a poor posture.
Boys aged between 10 and 15 are at increased risk of developing scheuermann's kyphosis.
Older patients suffering from osteoporosis are at a higher risk for spinal fractures which can contribute to hunchback.
Patients having connective tissue disorders (marfan syndrome) are more prone to developing hunchback.
Signs and symptoms of hunchback
Patient may not have any signs or symptoms if the hunchback is mild.
Abnormally curved spine.
Stiffness in the back.
Pain in the back.
Investigations for hunchback
Neurological exam to check reflexes and muscle strength.
X-rays to determine the degree of curvature and to detect deformities of the vertebrae.
Computerized tomography (ct scan) for more detailed images.
Magnetic resonance imaging (mri) to rule out tumor or infection.
Nerve tests are done if the patient is experiencing any muscle weakness or numbness to check the nerve impulses.
Lung function tests are done for severe hunchback to check if the curve is affecting the patient's ability to breathe.