Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. N NijagunaYour feedback matters!
Hai my baby 7 month old birth weight 3.250 now 6.600 how can gain to my baby weight. What will you give to food of weight gain. Please reply.
My baby is 3 month old. I have started weaning him. I give him powdered biscuits mixed in water. Wat food cn I give him ? Cm I go him fruits mashed or blended.
My baby is 2 years 4 months, ulcer is spread throughout his mouth, doctors are saying he is having viral infection. He is admitted in the hospital. Doctora are giving him saline. But he is not having any food. Can you please suggest what can I give him to eat, so taht he can eat something. He has stopped eating.
My 2 months old son got pneumonia.Was hospitalised.Now after two months he has again got the blood and chest infection.Wat to take precautions ?
My son is 22 days old and is pooping quite frequently these days. He poops every time he is being fed by his mother (sometimes during the feed as well). The excretion is mainly watery and small sprouts of poop (with gas). The poop is bright yellow in shade. He feeds good for 10 mins each time and approx 10 times a day. I am little worried by this condition. Is this normal?
My daughter is 2.5 years old. Her birth weight was 1.990 kg. At the age of 9 months she got operated for p. D. A. Surgery at escorts, okhla. She is not having any health issue. She is very active but very thin. Around 10 kg in weight now. If she play more in day she got pain in kegs in night. What can I give her?
Health Tips for Children
With pediatric health problems on a rise, it's important you keep a few crucial tips to maintain your child's health. With the help of these tips, you can inculcate crucial habits in your child's lifestyle.
In today's times, health problems like diabetes, cholesterol, and high blood pressure are not restricted to adults, but have become a common phenomenon among children too. The main culprit for this can be attributed to their inclination towards fast food and lack of activity. Kids love to gorge on fast foods like burgers, pizzas, etc., and with the introduction of video games and a host of interesting programs on television, they are more than happy to watch television instead of playing outdoor games.
Due to this lack of activity and no control on the food they eat, many children suffer from the problem of obesity at a very young age, which further leads to other serious diseases or illnesses. Hence, it becomes the responsibility of the parents to teach children important ways to remain healthy.
Healthy Tips for Your Children
The three most important factors that are necessary for the kids to remain healthy include:
- A healthy diet
- Regular exercise
- Proper rest
Habits we learn during our childhood stay with us throughout our life; it is thus necessary that parents teach these three factors to children as soon as possible. However, you do not need to force them to learn these habits; set an example for them by following these things yourself. Let us look at each factor in detail.
Nutrition for a Healthy Diet
At a very young age itself, teach the kids to eat all types of food, like fruits, vegetables, meat, poultry, dairy products, etc. Their meals should be divided into five or six small meals throughout the day, rather than just three meals. Cultivate the habit of eating breakfast as it is said to be the most important meal of the day. Eating a healthy and nutritious breakfast helps their body to develop energy for the physical as well mental activities of the day.
Parents should also see to it that children have a healthy lunch while they are at school. Though there are many schools which provide lunch, its nutritious value is a topic of controversy. Hence, it will be best to pack them foods that are high in vitamins and minerals. Other than lunch, also make sure that you provide them with a healthy after school snack, as this is a time where they are likely to indulge in junk food. Dried and fresh fruits, yogurt, cereal bars, etc., are good choices for a healthy snack. Next comes the dinner, or evening meal, which should be converted to time spent with the family. Eating together at least once in a day will help the parents interact with their children and also to keep control on their eating habits. Talking to them about the nutritional facts of healthy foods is a good way of instilling healthy food habits in children. Though too much of junk food does harm a child's body, there is no need to restrict it completely.
Fitness and Exercise
Indulging in daily outdoor games with friends is more than enough physical exercise for children. Parents should see to it that their kids do not spend their entire time in front of the television or playing video games. They should encourage them to take part in sports and other physical activities like dancing, etc., so that their body gets the required exercise. Arranging games for them and their friends regularly at home, in which they have to run around and play, is a good idea. On weekends, take them out walking, jogging, swimming, or cycling, at least for an hour, and you'll be preventing childhood obesity.
Health and Proper Rest
Rest and sleep are two important factors to keep children healthy. Children require 9-13 hours of sleep, depending on their age group. Lack of sleep in children can cause problems like lack of attention at school, feeling sleepy during the day, poor academic performance, etc. Hence, parents must ensure that their children receive sufficient sleep.
Other than these tips, it is important to teach kids proper hygiene rules like regular washing of hands, brushing their teeth, etc., so that they are not affected by infections. Explain the importance of eating the right food and exercising to your kids. Remember, by doing this you are not only providing them a hale and hearty childhood, but also ensuring a healthy future.
My younger daughter is 2 year and 3 months old. She is having tight stool problem. She cries in pain when she goes after the gap of 4-5 days. Please suggest.
16 days old baby is vomiting just after breastfeeding from yesterday and stomach is getting bigger. Stool and urination are ok. Not sleeping properly. Please help me how to get rid of this ?
Your baby's skin is soft and sensitive. Being cautious can reduce the chances of skin infections, but it doesn't in any way refute the possibility altogether. Hence, you must be overly careful. Your baby could face intense discomfort if you happen to neglect the appearance of diaper rashes. Persistent rashes on your baby's bottom can make him or her irritable. Look into the causes and remedies of diaper rash in children to keep your baby cheerful.
Causes of Diaper Rash in Babies:
- Friction and lack of air circulation between the skin and the diaper can make your baby suffer from rashes. Make sure the baby doesn't rub against a diaper for too long; existing rashes can go worse in that case.
- You should never let your child remain in a dirty diaper for more than a while. A dirty diaper increases the risk of bacterial infections on your baby's bottom.
- Skin chafing could also be the reason behind diaper rashes.
- Yeast infections could surface in the form of rashes on a baby's bottom. Yeast or fungus is present in small amounts in every person's body. It can be easily developed in the moist yet warm atmosphere of a child's diaper. Being the mother, if you are on medications, your child's chances of contracting skin rashes is likely to be more. The side effects show in children as they are breastfed.
Ways to Treat Diaper Rash in Babies:
- Each time a diaper is changed; the area must be washed with lukewarm water and cleaned with a soft piece of cloth. The area should then be dried completely. It is best to avoid soaps as they can be harsh on sensitive skin.
- Applying ointments or petroleum jelly can soothe diaper rash. Powder can keep the area dry; it can also remedy itching.
- Feed your child liquids like cranberry juice; it makes his or her urine less concentrated. Concentrated urine can cause severe bacterial infection.
Related Tip: "Diaper Rash: 8 Questions Answered by Dermatologist"
Hello doctor, My baby is 10 months old she crawls very nicely and stands too but fears to walk and falls down. So what should I do to make her walk? Should I massage her back and legs and with which oil?
Preconception planning: Be prepared to give your baby the best from the start.
A mother's prime focus always is how to ensure that her child is happy and comfortable, especially when the child is too small. One of the problems which bothers many mothers who are bringing up really small children, is diaper rash. Sensitive skin, tight diaper and prolonged contact with feces and urine etc are common reasons for diaper rash or irritant diaper dermatitis.
Here are few tips to avoid diaper rash and ensuring your child is always comfortable.
1. Careful with wash: if you are using a cloth diaper, be extra careful in washing such that there is no soap remaining in the cloth.
2. Clean well: when bathing your baby, make sure you clean the area covered by diaper with a mild soap and do not rub the area while drying, since the skin is sensitive.
3. Remove soiled diaper instantly: this is the most important. However busy you are, you need to aware of the times when the diaper/cloth has been soiled. And when soiled, the diaper has to be changed at the earliest. Do not keep your baby in the diaper for all hours of the day. It is good if they are out of the diaper for some time every day.
4. Keep the diaper loose. Also, ensure that you wash the cotton diapers with fabric softeners and try to avoid wipes altogether as they have strong chemicals in them.
5. Keep a tab on rashes: if your baby does get the rashes, check with the pediatrician at the earliest. Frequent topical applications of a bland protective barrier agent (zinc oxide paste) may suffice to prevent dermatitis. There are also chances of fungal infections. Antifungal creams should be used on advice of a doctor.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on consult.
My kids are 4 month old. I prefer painless dtap/dtwp vaccine. Is it equally effective as painful dtap/dtwp vaccine?
This is extremely common in Indian babies. This appears as a blue-grey patch on the buttocks or the lower back. The patch can be quite large in size. They look unsightly, but apart from the cosmetic appearance, they do not cause any problems. Often parents confuse it with a bruise and see a dermatologist when it doesn?t settle down. This can be safely ignored and it may either disappear or become smaller with age.