Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. N NijagunaYour feedback matters!
Hi. Recently my wife has 12 days baby girl our problem is she can not eat mother feeding directly. If we force she started more crying. Then we have to eat mother milk or amul shakti by spoon. This is now daily problem so what we do? So that she direct eat mothers milk. please help. Weight 3 kg.
My baby boy is 12 days old. He does watery toilet 10-12 times daily. I am giving him domstal baby (domperidone). Please advise him to stable n proper toilet.
My baby is 1 month 25 days old. She had loose motion since 9 days continuously after feeding lactogen as I don't have enough breast milk. We did stool testing there was mucus present doctor suggested to stop lactogen and give nutricia nusobee formula. Is that good, for how long can I use nusobee?
My nephew is one and a half month old and we recently discovered that he has two small 2 mm holes in his heart. He gets really tired while drinking milk and has not gained much weight which a normal baby should in one and a half month. Our family doctor said these might not need surgery as they are very small and should close on its own. Kindly help.
We are in singapore here where we are staying there is lots of ants and small insects. My 9 month old baby is having small red patches on his body. I don't understand whether it is chickenpox or because of any insects.
My 9 year old boy is hyper can be aggressive can not sleep wets the bed alot loves sour or salty foods as poor fine motor skills poor short memory flexible fingers does not feel pain as meltdowns I had gbs while pregnant but no antibiotics he was born on his due date but only weighed 5lb13 he has had.
My son, 6 years, suffering from stomach pain, and his stomach becomes high temperature, and he is suffering from cold cough. Please suggest me. What should I do?
My son age 1 year some time he is suffering from sudden congestion. Doctors giving it high antibiotics. What is the reason of sudden congestion (within 2 hours)? what is safe medication or safe antibiotics for him?
A mother’s milk is said to be the most nutritious food for a new born baby. It contains the perfect balance of carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamins and minerals needed for your baby and changes to keep up with your baby’s growing needs. However, the benefits of breastfeeding extend way beyond nutritional value. Breastfeeding is beneficial for both you and your baby. Ideally, a baby should be breastfed for at least the first six months.
Here are 5 major benefits of breastfeeding.
- Stronger immunity: Mother’s milk is rich in antibodies and a number of unique compounds that help the newborn child’s body fight bacterial and viral infections. No other form of baby food is as rich in these antibodies. Babies who have been breastfed have a lower risk of suffering from ailments such as ear infection, stomach upsets and respiratory problems. The first milk expressed by a woman’s breasts after giving birth is known as colostrums. This milk coats the baby’s digestive system and prevents the growth of harmful bacteria.
- Fewer allergies: Breast milk is easier to digest than formula or cow’s milk. This protects the gastrointestinal passages from inflammation and prevents undigested food from triggering allergic reactions. Being breastfed can also reduce the number of allergies a child may suffer from in their later years.
- Healthy body weight: Breastfeeding makes a child less likely to suffer from obesity in their later childhood and adult years. This is because breast milk contains less insulin and more hormones as compared to formula. This helps regulate fat absorption. On an average, babied fed on formula put on weight quickly and are more likely to overeat in their later years.
- Stronger bones: Breastfeeding is beneficial for both the child and the mother. When a woman is breastfeeding her child, her body’s ability to absorb calcium increases. This helps increase bone density, especially as pregnancy can make bones weak.
- Builds a strong mother-child bond: After 9 months of carrying a child to term, giving birth may lead to post partum depression and a mother may feel the connection between her and the child severed. Breastfeeding helps nurture this connection and provides emotional relief to both the mother and child. For the mother, this experience releases hormones that reduce stress and relax the body. For the baby, close physical contact is very important and this process provides the perfect opportunity to do so. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Hi my daughter is 3 year old she is shivering has cough and fever I served her mefkind, tercoff and closure for 2 days right now she is shivering pls prescribe me medicines for her.
Hi doctor my baby is 3 1/2 months old. Her poo seems to be watery for past 4 days. I don know the reason. I am giving only breast milk. Please can advise.
My baby bazel is 15 months old and he is not crawling ,not standing & not walking. He is only rolling and sitting. Kindly suggest what should I do.
Hi my baby girl is 10 months old she is suffering from urinary infection for last 3 weeks, she had fever too, but now she is not have fever but urine report and culture report shows she have infection, we give current tablet and heflaxin syrup to her but still she have infection please recommend some good medicines to cure urine infection fastly because after infection she is always crying and dull pls suggest me.
What is a growth disorder?
A growth disorder is any type of problem in infants, children, or teenagers that prevents normal growth. Normal growth depends upon several factors, such as nutrition, genetics, and hormones (chemical messengers of the body). Hormones are necessary for normal growth and development; they regulate the body's growth, metabolism (the physical and chemical processes of the body), and sexual development and function.
Endocrine (hormonal) causes of growth disorders include thyroid hormone deficiency (hypothyroidism), growth hormone deficiency, hypopituitarism, or other hormone disorders. However, some growth problems are not necessarily growth disorders; normal variants of growth patterns include genetic short height (familial short stature) and slow growth/delayed puberty (constitutional growth delay).
Although growth hormone was originally used to treat growth hormone deficiency (this group of patients respond the best to growth hormone therapy), there have been other conditions for which growth hormone therapy has been approved for use. These include Turner syndrome, chronic renal insufficiency, Prader-Willi syndrome, and children who were small for gestational age and have not caught up in their growth by the age of two years. In 2003 the FDA approved the use of growth hormone for children who have
I have 3 months old baby he is not getting enough milk. My milk supply is slow and very less. please tell me what to do. Even I am taking lactare capsules 2 per day.
Hi, My daughter is 5 years & 6 months old, suffering from fever since last 3 hours and headache. I am from bangalore. She had taken breakfast in the morning. Little cold and cough.
My baby boy age 1 month 10 days he always feel hungry my wife could not have enough breast milk could I use similac by milk bottle for my baby boy does using milk bottle is harmful for baby.
Hello doctor. I am a 9 year girl but I have weight which is not normal. My weight is continuously increasing. I am practicing a proper diet but still nothing happened. Please help.
Here are a few questions which every new mother wants to know when they see a diaper rash:
1. Should the baby's diet be changed during a diaper rash?
Certain food items such as fruit juices can lead to diarrhea in babies. This can lead to a diaper rash. When new food is introduced or antibiotics are given, then that might also affect the digestion of the baby.
2. Are teething and diaper rash related?
As per dermatologists, the two have nothing in common though they might occur at the same time.
3. Which ointment should be used for a diaper rash?
Ointments that contain zinc oxide can provide relief from diaper rash. A thick layer should be applied on the skin to keep away irritants as if all of it is rubbed off then it might cause pain.
4. Can cloth diapers be an alternative?
The fact is that there is no proof that a cloth diaper might be better than the other diaper in case of a rash. In case, disposable diapers are used, then care should be taken to change them frequently as rashes can occur due to a moist environment. If the baby is allergic to a particular brand, then changing the same could prove to be helpful. Diapers induced with fragrances and dyes can cause allergic reactions. Babies who are allergic to disposable diapers, can do better with cloth ones, though they should be changed frequently. The rule is one diaper per hour, so the needful should be done.
5. What type of wipes are best for the baby in case of a sore bottom?
In case of a diaper rash a mild, fragrance free wipe should be used. Wipes which are labeled as hypoallergenic or for sensitive skin should be used. If the baby poops then he or she must be cleaned with a cloth and water and later some mineral oil should be applied to the baby's bottom.
6. What should be done if nappy rash extends to the other parts?
In case there are red spots and patches outside the nappy area, then the baby might be suffering from infection. If this happens then consult your doctor.
7. What should be done to give relief to the baby?
The best thing to do is that the baby's bottom should get some air. Leave the baby without a diaper, as this gives his skin a break from the rubbing, and germs which might be present in wet places like a diaper. Application of the cream with zinc oxide, provides relief to a baby.
8. How long does the rash last?
Maximum 3 days.