Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. N Nagendra PrasadYour feedback matters!
I am 25 year female. I have problem with my periods. I generally have regular periods. 30-33 days cycle. This month I haven't got my periods. I had my last periods from 11may-14may. This month I haven't got till 26jun. Please suggest any medicine.
I'm 8 month pregnant, my cervix is 2 cm. And in urine pus cells are 25-30 is there, so it is normal?
My periods were due and I had sex for first time after 4 days of missed period and only for 5 minutes can I still get pregnant.
I am 29, got married last one and half years ago we trying to baby but still it's not happening, my job is in other country and after every 2 months meet with my wife and spend the time for a week.
My skin around the nipples are curl and become normal within seconds. There is no other changes in my breast no lumps nothing. Is the curling related to breast cancer?
Likoria (Leucorrhoea) is a medical term that signifies a thick, whitish vaginal discharge. It is a natural defence mechanism that the vagina uses to keep up its chemical balance. It also safeguards the flexibility of the vaginal tissue. It might also be due to irritation or blockage of the vaginal mucosa.
There are such a large number of reasons for leucorrhea, the most common one being increased estrogen. The measure of discharge may really increase because of vaginal disease or STDs (sexually transmitted diseases), in which case it turns out to be more yellow and has a foul smell. Here are ten herbal cures for Likoria:
Fenugreek Seeds: Fenugreek seeds enhance the pH level in the vagina and are known to influence estrogen levels. Drench one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in water overnight. The following morning, strain the water and include one and a half teaspoon of honey. Drink it on an empty stomach.
Amla Root: For treating leucorrhea you need to take one tablespoon of amla root and absorb it in an ounce of water for eight to nine hours. Strain the root and drink the water each day until your symptoms come down.
Lukol: An ayurvedic concoction, which is a blend of a few intense herbs, Lukol is known to get rid of the pain from the side effects of leucorrhea.
Amaranth Root: Amaranth root has antibacterial properties that helps in treating diseases. Its compounds help in the mending of reproductive organs. Grind amaranth root and add to water. Drink twice per day, morning and night for better results. Amaranth leaves and its branches can be added to boiling water for the same impact.
Coriander Seeds: Coriander seeds are extremely helpful home cure for leucorrhoea. Absorb the seeds in water overnight. Strain and drink this water the following morning on an empty stomach. This should be taken for no less than one week for better results.
Amalaki Powder: Take some amalaki powder and mix it with honey or sugar. Add it to a glass of water and drink. It can also be added to milk or used as a paste to be applied on the vaginal tract for better results.
Asparagus: Blend and boil asparagus with somnifera withania. Drink this for effectively treating this condition.
Turmeric Powder and Garlic: Blend turmeric powder with garlic. This is effective when the white release is thick and irritating.
Walnut Leaves: Walnut leaves have astringent properties, which are helpful in getting rid of infections and treating leucorrhoea. A mix made by soaking the leaves in water and boiling for around twenty minutes. This can be strained and used on genital areas.
Different Herbs: Lamium album, White weed and Tiger lily are different herbs used for the treatment of Leucorrhoea. They should be used under the direction of naturopaths. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hello sir, My menstruation 4 days late .can I do the pregnancy test after period My last period is 2 feb.
I am 42 years woman, my left overy was excluded on 2007, period is normal. Now, can I intercourse without condom or other barrier method?
My wife is AB- and I am AB+. She suddenly started the bleeding during 5th week and doctor gave her NTD injection and then HCG5000 fertigyn injection and bleeding got stopped My wife is now 6th week pregnant and she is still facing the blood clot issue. Fetal got the heartbeat. Guide whether we are given the right treatment and also want to know the chances of pregnancy survival? Please Give the proper and detailed answer.
Hello Doctor if any girls have sex at once, and haven't sex over long period her hymen recover by itself?
Diagnostic tests- Females
We provide testing for fertility by all modalities ranging from reproductive hormones to diagnostic ultrasound to ascertain the cause. It is advisable that we make you undergo these tests before your final treatment/ plan of management is started.
- Blood tests – These include a whole array of blood investigation ranging from CBC , Urine routine microscopy, RBS, TSH, PROLACTIN, VDRL, HIV, HBSAG, HCV, AMH. And any other test depending on the history of the couple.
- Transvaginal ultrasound- A complete ultrasound of the uterus an adenexa is done to diagnose any anatomical disorder.
- Specific tests – In cases of recurrent implantation failure and recurrent pregnancy loss or if required other tests are also advised.
- Diagnostic Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy – For many, this test is an important part of a fertility evaluation .Laparoscopy takes place under general anaesthesia with small incisions made at or just below the navel and the pubic hairline. A laparoscope (a small-diameter telescope) is passed through the incision, which enables one to view the ovaries, fallopian tubes, uterus and pelvic cavity for abnormalities. We can check that the tubes are open (tubal patency) by injecting dye through the uterus and observing it spill or not through the ends of the fallopian tubes.
Hysteroscopy uses another small-diameter telescope called a hysteroscope. This enables to assess the uterine cavity for abnormalities such as polyps, adhesions or fibroids.
Hi I'm chandra, I'm 31 years old. I tried to conceive on my fertile days (12th to 16th day ), I was getting white discharge from day 11th to day 19th. Periods comes in 30 days. Today is 23rd day but I'm not getting any symptoms of pregnancy. Is this white discharge common? Kindly guide me, if this white discharge will affect our pregnancy planning?
Antibiotics are generally used when a person comes down with an infection or viral issues. This kind of medication is usually prescribed to stop the growth of the microorganisms, bacteria and virus that causes the infection. Yet, there are many people who do not want to have medicines or give the same to their children at all times. So you can also try some natural kitchen ingredients that act as antibiotics.
This can also save you a trip to the pharmacist. Just look around your kitchen the next time you have an infection and try to look for the following ingredients so that you can treat the same in a natural and organic manner.
- Garlic: This is a wonder ingredient that is used for a variety of purposes inside and outside the kitchen. Garlic has been used as a condiment in all Indian cuisines since time immemorial. The compound present in garlic is called allicin which has properties that are similar to penicillin. This is a natural antibiotic that can stop the growth of the virus and the bacteria so that the infection can be treated in a natural manner. Besides being an antibiotic, this ingredient also works as an anti inflammatory drug. From colds to managing cardiovascular problems and all kinds of infections, this ingredient can help in treating a variety of conditions.
- Honey: Honey is a rich ingredient that should be taken on a daily basis so that one can not only treat, but also prevent various kinds of infections and other conditions. The high levels of antioxidants can help in removing the toxins and the bacteria so that the infection can be removed from the body. This can also be applied as an antiseptic on the skin when there is an infection or a cut.
- Cabbage: Cabbage is a vegetable that is rich when it comes to sulphur. This is an element that is known as a good infection medication especially for skin eruptions like corns and various other kinds of issues. Vitamin C is also another ingredient that is present in cabbage. The combination of sulphur and this vitamin helps in fighting infection and also preventing the same. You can have lots of cabbage in your vegetable preparations as well as salads.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar is another ingredient that is known to help in many matters. One can effectively manage one’s weight and manage chronic lifestyle diseases like diabetes and other cardiovascular diseases. This can also help in fighting infections if taken in its raw form. This is also an antiseptic element that helps in preventing infections if one has had any wound. This can also be used to sterilize the area where one gets wounded as it is a chemical free astringent.
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is one of the best antibiotics and antiseptics that can also help in removing the toxins that are present in specific parts of the body. This will help in fighting infections and preventing the same, if taken on a regular basis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Hi Doctor My wife is pregnant. Thanks a lot to God, she was quite scared about it. My wife had her last period starting from 6th March 2016 after that she had taken Rubella IGG vaccination on 23rd March 2016. She tested to be pregnant on 25th April 2016. Though doctor suggested that we should not connive within one month from taking vaccination [Rubella], we found out that mostly the pregnancy is due to an unprotected intercourse on 18th March 2016. We don’t know now what effect of the Rubella vaccination will incur on the baby. Kindly advise whether it is safe to have the baby in this circumstances. [Though our doctor said it is ok and there will be no consequences of the vaccination.] Our doctor also suggested initial Sono for her [my wife]. Here is the report: - SONOGRAPHY OF OBSTETRIC Real time ultrasound examination of the gravid uterus show presence of a single well defined intrauterine gestational sac. Foetal echoes and poles are seen. Foetal cardiac activity is seen. Yolk sac is seen. Good choriodecidual reaction is seen. There is no evidence of bleed. Internal os is closed. G. Sac measures 2.2 cm corresponds to 7 W 1 D. CRL measures 4 mm corresponds to 6 W 1 D. Evidence of few septation seen in G. Sac. Average is 6 W 1 D. EDD is 16.12. 2016 IMPRESSION: SINGLE LIVE INTRAUTERINE PREGNANCY OF 6 W 1 D. ADVICE: FOLLOW UP AFTER 10 DAYS. Kindly if possible let me know what above details means. We’ll see doctor shortly but before that I just want to have your opinion on this.
Drink 8-12 glasses of water a day the individual needs differ. Some
Need a lot more of water depending on their physical activity, body
Constitution, health conditions, climatic conditions etc, while
Some others need less. Frequent urination or a leak in a healthy adult
Means he is taking extra fluids! so drink just enough water to keep yourself
2. Caffeine is not good for your bladder as it is a diuretic. It
Speeds up your kidneys and irritate the bladder. So a leaking
Bladder may signal more of caffeine in the diet.
3. It is not often an enlarged prostate that causes plumbing
Problems in men but an overactive bladder. So get it diagnosed and
4. It is normal to urinate once at night. Several visits to the loo at night
Indicate something is wrong. It could be just that you drink too
Much water in the evening or that you are anxious. If it's a
Regular habit to urinate more than twice at night keeping a fluid
Diary is recommended. Consult your doctor if it persists.
5. Another sign of an overactive bladder is urinating for more than
8 times a day.
6. Being overweight is a reason for stress incontinence. Stress
Incontinence is a condition where pressure on the bladder from
Cough or sneeze causes you to leak. It happens when the muscles in
The pelvis is weak and cannot handle this pressure.
7. It is not a small bladder that causes frequent leaks but your
Capacity. If you drink more water than you can hold you will
Probably leak. Weak muscles, nerve damage (due to conditions
Like diabetes), medications, infections etc can cause leaking.
Hay fever, also called allergic rhinitis is an allergic response to airborne substances such as pollen, dust mite or other allergens from plants or fungi. The symptoms of hay fever include sneezing, runny nose, watery eyes, itchy throat, sinus pressures and congestion. Unlike its name, hay fever does not cause any fever.
The allergy generally occurs seasonally, especially in high pollen months, spring, summer or early fall. Not all people are affected by this allergy. Some are mildly affected. For others, immune system misunderstands allergens as harmful and releases the antibody called IgE (immunoglobulin E) to fight with it. This causes symptoms of hay fever. The symptoms could range from a mild congestion or sneezing to sweats, blocked sinuses, headaches and fatigue.
Hay fever is common during childhood; however, it can develop at any stage in a person’s life. It is believed that people with a family history of allergy and asthmatic patients are at a higher risk of developing it. Children born during pollen months as well as babies exposed to cigarette smoke during early years are also at risk of developing this allergy.
A proper diagnosis of the problem is the key to its management. The allergy is generally diagnosed through its symptoms. Sometimes, a blood test is conducted to test the level of immunoblobulinE. The level from 0 to 6 indicates the severity of the allergic reaction.
Allopathic medication offers a combination of interventions like desensitisation, anti-allergen tablets, steroids and quick relief nasal sprays.
Homeopathy, on the other hand, offers a different way of intervention. The patient is treated as per the symptoms restoring the body’s ability to self-heal thereby decreasing dependability on drugs. The best part being homeopathic drugs are free from chemicals and have no side effects.
You can choose to visit a homeopathy clinic or even self-treat through drugs available at homeopathy outlets where detailed symptoms and its prescribed dose can be found out. However, it is important to follow a prescribed dose at right intervals to ensure maximum benefit.
- Allium cepa can be given when there is hay fever with too much runny nose and discharge is acrid.
- Ars alb can be given when there is hay fever with intense thirst.
- Nat mur can be given when there is hay fever with too much sneezing and frontal headache.
- Merc sol can be given when the patient is extremely sensitive to heat and cold.
- Aurundo is prescribed in case of hay fever with excessive burning and itching in the nose, palate, eyes.
All the medicines are generally indicated and needs a homeopathic consultation.