Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. N.K.GiridharaYour feedback matters!
I am 26 years old, I have indigestion problem, thought small meals for 5 times a day even though I get gastric problem. I have used all the home remedies.
Hello sir, I have regular pain in my stomach. I have consult many doctors but after a dose of medicine for 2-3 days. It gets normal. But again it starts. What should i do?
What is the best medicine that removes dandruff problem and helps in regrowth of hair with out any side effects?
I am very mota. How can I thing my body And also how can glow my face. My face is oili. And. My hit is so sort. How can tal.
I am having thin hair loss problem from last two months ago I have consult the doctor but problem not solve so please suggest the better solution.
I find it difficult to sleep. I often lay in the bed for hours without sleeping because of many thoughts coming to my mind. What should I do.
I have been gaining my weight & i'm getting fat day by day instead I ignore fatty food, why so? Can you please tell the reason?
I am 27 years old. I was preparing for government job for last 2.5 years but could not able to succeed, mind is always diverting here and there.. I could not able to concentrate properly. Unnecessary thoughts always break pace of my study. Smoking is another factor I think that affects my study. Masturbation always becomes compulsion especially at morning. I felt tired whole day. Please suggest me solution to quit smoking and unnecessary masturbation so that I can concentrate on my studies.
My hairs all so loose they are every time fall. So please give me suggestion how can I stopped to my hair fall problem.
I have recently started getting pain while passing stools and sometimes it bleeds as well. The pain remains till first half of the day and subsides by night. The pain is just inside the anus opening and due to which its impossible at times to sit continuously and have to walk to ease out the pain. It feels like as if there is some wound which has come up inside and gets aggravated in morning after passing stools.
Hello doc My problem is with my face in my face pimples and black spot red spot and very damage and my hand and neck burn on sun soo please tell me face cream and sun protection lotion.
Drug addiction is one of the social menaces and in most people, what starts off as a result of peer pressure and trying to be cool ends up affecting lives significantly. It is not just social, but also affects financial, physical, emotional, and social well-being. The small periods of happiness given by the drug is followed by months and years of torment.
The National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) has identified that drug addiction causes chemical and structural changes in the brain, leading to dangerous and self-destructive behaviours. The brain’s response to stimulus like pleasure, joy, happiness, and pain are altered with constant drug abuse. For instance, the neurotransmitter called dopamine, which makes one feel good, is usually produced by the brain in small amounts. However, drugs increase this level to 2 to 10 times more, making the person feel extremely high and happy. Since the body is unable to reach the highest level of happiness on its own, the dependency on these drugs to feel good increases.
Repeated use of the drugs leads to increased dependency, wherein the brain refuses to feel good without reaching those high levels of dopamine. The issue is mostly seen in teenagers and young adults but can be seen in any age group.
October 2 is recognised as National Anti-Drug Addiction Day and nationwide campaigns and drives are done to help people overcome addiction. One of the main reasons a drive this size is required is because of the social stigma attached to the problem. Most families shun away from recognising it as a problem that can be easily treated, and so the affected person is sucked deeper into the problem.
Overcoming addiction: One of the main success factors for treating addiction is for the affected person to recognise that he or she is addicted and needs to get rid of the problem.
- There are national toll-free helplines that are set up, which can guide through the whole program. This way, if required, anonymity is maintained and support for overcoming addiction is increased.
- It involves a group effort involving the affected person, family and friends, medical and clinical personnel, and counsellors in some cases.
- Cognitive behavioural therapy: The person is made conscious of the change in behaviour and the way drugs affect it. Healthier patterns to be happy and joyful are discussed.
- In most cases, the underlying reason for reaching out to drugs needs to be addressed also to prevent relapse.
- Group therapies where the person makes friends who have faced similar issues and overcome the problem. This increases their accountability and commitment to getting rid of the problem.
Drug abuse is a national social menace and needs more free admittance and management.
Dear sir /madam I am 52 years old male. Having type 2 diabetes since 2 years and wanted to control it without using medicines. Presently using gluformin xl 500mg morning and gluformin xl1000 night after dinner. Please suggest what to do if I want to reduce the dose.Also suggest me what type of food that I need to consume.Anxiously waiting for your reply. Tell me how to control.
I Have A Heart Problem. In My Aortic Valve. My Aortic Valve Is Thick And displaced. If I Change My Valve Then, Can I Do Anything. Run,Play.
Ayurveda, translated into science of life and longevity, has been practiced in India for more than 5000 years old and has gained worldwide popularity. It uses noninvasive and natural methods and produces minimal side effects and therefore is being widely accepted.
Ayurveda believes that the body is made of pitta, vata, and kapha doshas. Any disease is the result of imbalance between these or predominance of one over the others. Hair loss or alopecia is believed to be imbalance in the pitta dosha. This leads to slower hair growth, weak hair, and greater hair fall rate.
Something that affects image and self - esteem, many would like to cure or at least halt baldness. There are various treatment options that have a dual effect on baldness - reduce hair fall and promote hair growth, thereby providing a holistic treatment for baldness.
- Bhringraj Oil (Eclipta elba): It is used since centuries and promotes the normal hair growth cycle in an accelerated way. It activates a large number of hair follicles and therefore, regular application is believed to help prevent alopecia (baldness).
- Amla (Phyllanthus emblica): While baldness has many reasons, dandruff is one of the most important and common causes. Amla is added to many hair oil formulations because of its proven effect to reduce dandruff. It acts on the fungi that thrive on the scalp and reduces inflammation of the scalp.
- Shikakai (Acacia concinna): Another very popular herb is the Shikakai. Used as a hair cleansing agent by many people, it is devoid of the chemical effect that shampoos carry. The pods are proven to prevent dandruff and promote hair growth.
- Tectona grandis: Another active ingredient of Ayurvedic formulations, the seeds of Tectona promote growth and development of hair follicles. Large number of follicles are activated, thereby producing thicker, fuller hair.
- Cuscuta reflexa: Another reason for baldness is hormonal imbalance, especially in males. Abnormalities with androgen, the male hormone, can trigger abnormal hair loss. Adding Cuscuta has been proven to reverse baldness by promoting a better anagen/telogen ratio, where hair follicle maturation happens. In baldness cases, maturation happens only in about 20% of the follicles. Cuscuta activates the follicles and increases follicular density. It also manages the hormonal imbalance by preventing conversion of testosterone into a variant called dihydrotestosterone that is believed to cause the damage.
While these and various other substances are believed to reduce baldness and promote hair growth, it is always important to remember that each body will respond differently to these substances. Thorough physical examination and a detailed history should be done before starting any of these products.
Related Tip: "All About Male Pattern Baldness"