Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. N JayaramYour feedback matters!
Given that detox diets won't rid the body of impurities or lead to real weight loss, are there any benefits of using them? The only thing one can say positively is that:
A detox diet may encourage you to eat more nutritious foods. Some detox diets recommend nutrient-rich foods like:
- green tea
- fruit juices
- colorful fruits and vegetables
All of these could, in part, increase your intake of certain nutrients. Some of which might help the body deal with incoming toxins or offer other health benefits.However, a three day detox diet won't move the dial on toxicity (or health) anywhere near as much as maintaining a healthy lifestyle the other 362 days of the year.
Disadvantages of detox diets: For most people, the disadvantages of a detox diet are much more numerous than the potential benefit.
Detox diets are often inconvenient: Any diet will take some effort to organize, and detox diets are no exception. Ironically, you'll probably never put as much work into eating less as you do into a detox. People with limited time, money, and resources won't enjoy juicing seven kgs of veggies and fruits each day. Especially if they're feeling weak, listless, or dizzy, some of the most frequently reported side effects of juice cleanses.
Detox diets are often too low in energy:
Most juice diets are extremely low in calories. In fact, some people argue that juicing is just a way to starve and feel good about it. With the low energy intake you'll often notice other things slowing down, you may feel colder, or sluggish, or notice digestion taking a while.
Detox diets may cause blood sugar swings that is cleansing built on fruit juices can cause major swings in blood sugar, making them downright dangerous for people with diabetes, and potentially risky for many others.
Detox diets can be tough on your GI tract: The fruit juices used for many detox diets contain very little fiber. Fiber is a cleanser. It's like a street sweeper for the GI tract; it slows down digestion and aids absorption of nutrients.
There is no credible information saying that the GI tract does better when it doesn't get solid foods (unless the GI tract is damaged). Instead, the gut does well with probiotics, glutamine from protein rich foods, and fiber. You'll struggle to get all of these on a cleanse.
Detox diets are often low in essential fats.
While some less extreme detox diets allow things like nuts and seeds, hard core cleanses typically eliminate most fat-containing foods, even healthy fats. Extreme variations in fat intake i.e. swinging from high (pre-cleanse) to low (cleanse) to high (post-cleanse celebration) to low (back on the cleanse train again) can cause trouble for organs that process dietary fats, like the gallbladder.
Detox diets may cause electrolyte imbalances: Many cleanses involve drinking a lot of liquid (such as water, herbal teas, and/or juices) while removing many foods that contain salts. Some "detox diets" also suggest using diuretic supplements. This can cause potentially dangerous imbalances in your electrolytes, charged chemicals found in fluids throughout your body. The imbalance is even more likely if overhydration is combined with low energy intake.
In fact, there's a name for this phenomenon, well known to health care providers who deal with extreme anorexia, malnutrition, or any medical condition with severely restricted food intake that is refeeding syndrome.
To keep operations running when nutrients and energy are low and electrolytes are disrupted, the body may adjust its metabolic environment (for instance, it may deplete cells of minerals to keep blood levels of those minerals stable).
Not only can this affect health during the detox diet, it can cause potentially cause serious problems when a person on a detox diet (especially a longer-lasting one) starts eating normally again.
Detox diets can create a cycle of restrictive eating and deprivation:
Detox diets, the entire concept of "cleansing", in fact can enable feast-or-famine style eating patterns:
- The detox diet starts tomorrow, so I'll eat a bunch of "toxic" foods tonight.
- On the detox diet now. Not allowed any stuff I enjoy.
- The detox diet ends tomorrow, so I'll get set to eat all those "toxic" foods I missed! And so on.
Recognize that thought pattern? It's the classic dieter mentality. On the wagon, off the wagon, on the wagon, off the wagon. It's always more harmful than helpful. When you think and eat this way:
- You never learn to find the sane middle ground.
- You never learn to prepare real food and real meals that are both nutritious and delicious.
- You're always in "all-or-nothing" mode. (Usually getting "nothing", because "all" is really, really hard.)
Worst of all is you never feel truly happy with any of your choices.
Fortunately, the body "cleanses" itself, if we can't ever avoid toxins, doesn't it then make sense to do some sort of detox? Not really. That's because our bodies have very robust detoxification systems. Our major organs of detoxification include are:
- Digestive tract;
- Lymphatic system;
- Respiratory system;
These systems break down chemicals (toxic or otherwise) into other form, which we can eliminate via the toilet, sweat, or breathing. And the body seems to do a pretty good job of this when placed in a balanced (i.e. healthy) environment.
Take Home Message:
The idea that you can speed up and improve your body's detox pathways by drinking detox water is nonsense. That said, it is still a healthy drink with a few health benefits. Nevertheless, you could probably get most of these benefits from drinking regular water. However, people often find plain water boring. If infusing your water with fruits and vegetables means that you drink more water and less sugary drinks, then it can only be a good thing.
Related Tip: "The 4 Essential Constituents of A Detox Diet"
? Cirrhosis of the liver is when the blood flow to and from the liver gets obstructed
? This happens when healthy tissues are replaced with scar tissues
? As time progresses, the size of the liver reduces
Symptoms to look for:
? Abdominal pain
? Loss of weight
? Foul breath
? Jaundiced skin
? Thin, red spidery markings on face, neck and arms
? Abdominal bloating
? Excessive alcohol consumption
? Poor nutrition
? Presence of toxins in the body
Natural home remedy using papaya seeds and lemon juice:
1. Crush a handful of papaya seeds
2. Press them on a sieve and extract the juice
3. Take 1 tbsp of this juice
4. Add 2 tbsp of lemon juice
5. Mix well
6. Drink 2 times every day
Natural home remedy using yogurt and cumin powder:
1. Take 2 tbsp of yogurt
2. Add 2 cups of water
3. Add 2 tsp of cumin seed powder
4. Add 1 tsp of salt
5. Blend them together to make buttermilk
6. Drink 2 times every day
Natural home remedy using lemon and salt:
1. Take 1 glass water
2. Squeeze half a lemon
3. Add 1 tsp of salt
4. Mix well
5. Drink 3 times a day
Natural home remedy using carrot and spinach juice:
1. Wash and chop a carrot
2. Wash and chop a few spinach leaves
3. Crush them to a fine paste
4. Press this paste on a strainer and remove the juice
5. Drink this juice to get relief from this condition
My skin is dark and black spots also there There is no toned skin suggest me which medicine and cosmetics used.
My wife is 23 years old. She got irritated on small things and even she cannot forgot those little things easily and started reacting on them. She does not have control on her emotions and even she started crying without any reason just like a mood swings. Please help me out whether it is due to tension or anxiety.
My teeth is yellow. I daily use to brush 5-10 minutes but no change. Please suggest me any home remedy which can whiten my teeth.
My skin is dry and combination fair skin. I use himalaya facewash which dries out my skin. So please recommend me facewash.
In few days before I have chicken pox it can be cured but the spot has not been leaved how it can removed? Please advice
My last period start on 26th december 2016. But it not good as every month. It stay 4 days but very little .but today start period. And this time bleeding much last time. My legs are little paining. Is it good sign for health? I am really worried.
I m using mintop 5% and x gain shampoo for hair gain. Suggest me whether this is good treatment or also advice me regarding any other things which is required for hair growth and gain.
Hi I'm a male I got boils and rashes on my face skin wat should I do to control or remove rashes and boils from my face skin please tel me wat should I do or apply or wat to do please help me out.
I'm very thin. After having nice food but then too I'm not understanding why i'm not becoming fat. Please advise.
I am 20 years old male I have problem on back ache I am wicket keeper I do sit ups in match time that time I got pain at low back. Please advise.
I am 19 years old. How to sleep properly. I can't sleep properly even if I am tired. What should I do?
Hi my wife is 25 years old she have pain in both knee after delivery shines two years so please give solutions& what must be I do?
If you have been trying to get pregnant for a long period of time, but not succeeding, it is time for you to see a doctor immediately. In case you have tried for pregnancy and not getting near it for a long duration, do not get disheartened and worried. There a lot of fertility techniques which have evolved over the time due to the advancement of medical technology.
If you have failed again and again, you should not wait anymore and visit a doctor. The doctor would help you locate the problem behind your failure and would provide you with other options of getting pregnant.
They are as follows:
- Fertility drugs: Fertility drugs are the primary remedy for women who struggle to get naturally pregnant as they cannot perform ovulation. Mimicking the body's own hormones, drugs such as Clomid work to trigger the ovaries into discharging eggs. This strategy prompts pregnancy accomplishment in a couple of months without further delay. Different drugs can, likewise, be utilized to control the menstrual cycle or thicken the womb's coating to set it up for pregnancy. Your doctor will prescribe you fertility drugs if you have an extremely irregular menstrual cycle and your ovulation is unusual, and you are not producing eggs. Sometimes, these drugs are given to women with pituitary failure.
- Intrauterine insemination: In this process, a tube which contains sperms of best quality is inserted into the vagina of a woman into the uterus via the cervix. This process is carried out during the most fertile period of the woman's menstrual cycle. It may be repeated for two or three days. Your doctor may recommend this method in case you have unexplained infertility, or if you have problems in ovulating. If your partner is impotent or in case that you do not have a partner, this process can be undertaken.
- In vitro fertilization: This treatment includes the preparation of an egg outside your body. Eggs are accumulated from a woman's ovaries and are blended with sperm. The fertilization process happens in a leveled, flat shaped glass dish. The prepared egg or embryo is then put back into the uterus, which is called embryo transfer. A solitary treatment cycle can take anything between six weeks and two months and involves stages where you need regular injections and general ultrasound observing. This will be recommended by the doctor if you have unexplained fertility or when your fallopian tubes get blocked.
If you are struggling to get pregnant for a long time, you should not wait and consult a doctor, who would provide you with alternatives.