Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. N C RamaYour feedback matters!
I have red eyes and feeling jealousy in my eyes because of this I can't sleep properly it's very bad for my eyes.
I have shiver pain backbone continuously from 3 months. And eyes get red in every 1 hours. Please help me.
Please tell in detail what all are the other symptoms like pain, watering, itching, sticky discharge, then only it can be treated. Till then put genteel eye drop 3 times a day and optic eye drop 2 times a day for a week.
My mother is diabetic and wants to operate eye by phaco surgery but her pp is above 200 can it is possible operate.
Hi, I am 30 years old, diabetes since 21 years recently contact eye doctor for eye checkup but doctor told cataract is there in my right eye just it is so small no need of surgery what type of diet I should take to keep it constant but my sugar level are under control. please suggest me what should and what should not eat?
I was told by an optometrist that the power for contact lenses can be of lower value than that of eyeglasses, is it true?
Before going to see the family doctor I have checked my wife's BP when we reached the clinic, the nurse there also check the BP but it was not high but it was 10 degree more than what we had at our residence. Later my wife said that we are measuring her BP with her RIGHT HAND and at the clinic it was measured at LEFT HAND. Later I have checked not only myself but the other members of my family all of them are having different readings at right and left hand. Appreciate if you please advice which is the correct bp reading taken on the right hand or the left hand of the patient. Thank you very much.
Hi Permanent lens can be done in both the eyes at same time? Can we do swimming n facial on face etc? Can we feel that we have normal eye?
I am suffering from head ache and when at the time of head ache I have also eye ache. What is my problem?
LASIK or laser in situ keratomileusis, is a form of corrective surgery that help patients who are suffering from near sightedness (Myopia), far sightedness (Hypermetropia) and even astigmatism (cylindrical power in glasses). This procedure aims at correcting the shape of the cornea, which is the transparent layer that lines the front of the eye. Through this procedure, the cornea is reshaped so that the retina receives a focused light.
So what are the health tips for people going through a LASIK procedure? Here is our take:
Biggest advantage of LASIK is that it helps people to get rid of Glasses and contact lenses, which sometimes are cosmetically unacceptable and in some cases are visually disabling.
Best part of LASIK is that it is:
- Quick (total duration of surgery is hardly 5 minutes) and virtually painless.
- Has a high success rate ( success rate is 96%).
- Does not require bandages or stitches.
- Adjustments can be made years later to alter the vision as per growing impairment in the future and advancing years.
Minor side effects like dryness, glare and halos, if appear, subside with time.
Any person 18 yrs or older who fulfils the following criteria can undergo Lasik surgery
- Stable refraction
- Corneal thickness and topography should be in normal range
- Dilated retinal examination should be normal
- Adequately wet eyes
Note: One should abstain from wearing contact lens at least 2 weeks before the procedure.
Precaution after the Procedure:
Patient is likely to have some inflammation after the procedure and temporary dryness.
Use medicines as prescribed by the doctor
- Avoid any type of eye makeup for at least 1 month after surgery
- Avoid swimming or water sports for at least 2- 3 weeks after surgery
Going through a LASIK procedure is a matter of finding the right specialist and ensuring that you take all the precautions before the procedure. Also, it is important to look into your medical history and eyes in particular so as to avoid complications
"Sarvendriya Naam Nayanam Pradhanam" this Sanskrit proverb means, in all sensory organs of our body the eye is very important organ. Now a days not only in adolescence but also in most of the children the eye sight problems are starting. It is nothing but due to the continuous usage of their android cell phones, computers &amp; late night sleeping. So with these various causes due to the stress happening on the retina of the eye these eye sight problems are arising. So to avoid these eye sight problems certain foods were explained to eat regularly as follows:-
(1) all the seasonal fruits are regularly to be taken, because the fruits are having plenty of vitamins especially" c. More over the orange fruits are having full of vitamin - c.
(2) the carret vegetable is having vitamin-" a" carotenoid content is more useful for healthy eye sight.
(3) in our old ancient system of ayurveda the" haridra" was explained to use for avoiding the cataract formation. The haridra is having a, b, e vitamins, more over having antioxidants. So the glass of milk with little harendra, will give good results.
(4) tamata the vegetable is having vitamin" c. It improves the good eye sight.
(5) the olive oil is having full of vitamins antioxidants. It keeps up the eye sight in a healthy manner, so in our kitchen we can use olive oil for our food curries preparation.
As per the ayurvedic principles for the good eye sight the best medicines were explained.