Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. N. C. PrakashYour feedback matters!
I am 72 male from yesterday i am having pain at back above buttocks, i can not turn. Bend forward orrest on back on bed, i feel better sitting on chair with back support. Please suggest what I should do?
My mom's knees have paining and swelling on them. She is facing pre-menopause period and it is aggregates more when she eats lemon or any sour taste food. She is overweight and have difficulty in walking due to pain.
My mother having pain around neck area. When she lifts small things near 4 kg almostbshe get pain afterwards. What is the issue?
I am suffering from severe back pain since last more than one month. I am 30 years old unmarried lady.
I'm 30 years old housewife used to work a lot, fibromyalgia. Know I had a lot of pain in my palm, wrist and it prolonges to elbow and shoulder how can it be treated.
Hi I am 30 years old have joint pain for last 2 years. What should I do? some dr. Says it' s gouty simptoms & other called it arthrytes. What should I do? please help.
I am healthy person but my legs are paining to much when I am running please give me right suggestion to what I do for my problem Give me proper medicine for this My age is just 21 years.
I am 48 yrs male having ESR 42. Having Knee and Neck Pain please suggest me to consult which speciality Doctor.
I am 24 year old and I have knock knees problem sometimes I fell pain in my knees even in my lower hips. I want to know that there are many exercises are available on internet that claim to cure this problem, is that really works. If yes so how long it will take to cure my knee problem.
I am 60 years old Please suggest best hospital or doctor for stem cell treatment of knee arthritis in india or other alternate treatments except knee replacement surgery.
I am suffering from leg pain last 3 years give me any solutions for that and I have much tensed at that time shivering problem was happened give me solutions for these problems.
Gone are the days when mostly septuagenarians complained of joint and knee pain. The problem today has become common among all age groups. Knee or joint pain at any stage of life is painful, however, the health problem striking early on is scary as one just dreads of living with it in the so many years to come.
Ayurveda is a very old system of medicine, which originated in India. Using herbs found in nature to cure various illnesses, knee pain and joint pain can also be permanently cured with this method indigenous to India. Arthritis and Joint pain are among the most prevalent problems faced by adults, mostly old people. As per Ayurveda, 'vata dosha' Is responsible for joint and knee pain.
Here are some common Ayurvedic remedies, which help reduce knee pain:
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is medically known as Withania Somnifera. In the West, Ashwagandha is popularly known as Winter Cherry. Also, it has a lot of therapeutic properties, which include reducing joint pains.
- Banyan: The Banyan tree's medical name is Ficus Benghalensis. It has a sap very similar to the form of rubber known as latex is derived from the Banyan tree. The Banyan tree's sap is externally applied over the joints and the pain usually disappears after a few regular applications.
- Garlic: The medical name for garlic is allium sativum. Five to six cloves eaten everyday has proved to reduce knee pains.
- Ginger: Ginger is biologically called Zingiber Officinale. These can be easily included in your diet and go a long way in curbing knee pain.
The following are some Ayurvedic home remedies that can be utilized to treat joint pain:
- Hot & Cold Compress: Cold and hot compresses can be utilized to ease your joint pain effectively. Heat compression decreases the pain, increases the blood circulation and relaxes the swollen joints and muscles. On the other hand, cold therapy lessens the inflammation of the affected joint. Place hot and cold towel alternatively on the affected area to achieve immediate relief from persistent pain.
- Turmeric: Add a pinch of turmeric and a teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink this solution on a regular basis for a week. Turmeric contains anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which makes it an excellent remedy for treating joint pains.
- Healthy diet: A balanced diet that comprises a lot of green leafy vegetables and fresh seasonal fruits is good for your joints. The uncontrolled intake of fatty food, dairy products, and high sodium diet must be avoided in order to avoid arthritis and joint pain. Prevention is better than cure and in order to follow that it is always beneficial to get your complete body check up done from time to time.