Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mv Poorna ChandraYour feedback matters!
My fasting sugar levels are not below 140 irrespective of diet and medication. .How to control the levels.
On a packaged food it is printed as" Nutritional values per 100Gr" what are the contents to be verified on packaged food before eating by a sugar patient? How to judge it is to eat or not by sugar patient.
Diabetes or madhumeha, is a serious disease that affects many people worldwide today. Diabetes, which is referred to as maha-roga is the excess of glucose in blood. As a result, you cannot consume sweetened food, get excess urges to drink water or urinate. However, Ayurveda has the most effective solutions to control diabetes naturally.
Read on to know what best natural medications are there to cure diabetes.
- Gymnema Sylvestre or Gurmar: It is one of the most effective remedies to diabetes. It is a hypoglycemic component, which makes it ideal for treating diabetes. It helps in reducing dependency on insulin by regeneration of residual beta cells of the pancreas.
- Coccinia indica: It is another herb, which regulates diabetes very well. This plant contains components, which after consumption of carbohydrates, prevent the sudden increase in blood glucose level. It can also prevent any adverse effect on other organs of the body due to diabetes. It is found to reduce oxidative stress amongst diabetes patients by surging the vitamin C levels in the plasma, and also prevents the fluctuations in fatty acid levels amongst diabetes patients.
- Azadirachta Indica or neem: It is one of the most common household antiseptics and a wonderful cure for diabetes. It enables high glucose tolerance, and also prevents diabetic neuropathy, which may cause severe fatalities.
- Morus Indica or Mulberry: It is a food that is experimentally proven to reduce diabetes. Daily consumption of mulberry leaves for 15 days at a stretch are beneficial in limiting approximately 38% of diabetes cases among its consumers. It also protects you against oxidative stress by building the antioxidant defense system of the body and is also known to correct any lipid profile abnormality. It also delays the possibility of the appearance of cataract as a result of diabetes.
- Momordica Charantia or bitter gourd: It is another common remedy found in most Indian households. Even though it is extremely bitter in taste, its medicinal properties are exemplary, and are extensively used in Ayurvedic medicines. It also targets the beta cells of the pancreas to help boost up insulin secretion by increasing their number. Bitter gourd also helps to release more insulin by way of regeneration of the pancreas.
- Eugenia Jambolana or Indian Jamun: This Ayurvedic cure reduces blood sugar level and increases the release of insulin. The extract of "jamun" seeds help in healing of wounds quicker, usually impaired by diabetes.
- Trigonella Foenum or methi: It is another household ingredient that serves medicinal purposes in case of diabetes patients. Even 1gm of fenugreek seeds could reduce diabetes sharply in a short span of 2 months. This benefit is because of the presence of diosgenin, a compound with hypoglycemic properties.
However, all these medicinal plants should be consumed under proper guidance from professional practitioners only. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Sir. I have an infection at front edge of penis and feeling pain at both leg. I am a sugar patient rating fasting 250 & pp 310. Sir how I recover my ideal weight & health.
I have thyroid. I took medicine last 1 year for that but no relief. Weight gain and back pain problem. Please suggest me.
I am 46 years old I am diabetic since last 5 years I am taking the medicines daily my question:- I want to know the what all things I need to avoid as a precautions, in taking food, fruits, juices, non veg, etc.
One of the most important decisions a couple takes is to start a family. It fills them with hope and joy of new future, but if the attempts have been unsuccessful for more than six months, it can take a toll on the relationship and the mental health of the couple. This is the time to seek fertility specialist who will be appropriate to analyze the situation and provide proper guidance. Read on to find out the exact indications to see a fertility specialist:
1. If a woman who is under the age of 35 is unable to get pregnant even after a year of having regular unprotected sex
2. A woman who has had more than three miscarriages
3. Someone who has suffered from blocked fallopian tubes and is in need of surgery
4. One who experiences irregular ovulation
5. A couple who has suffered from genital infections
6. A pregnant woman who has consumed an estrogen derivative
7. A man who has been diagnosed with low semen count, also known as poor motility
8. A couple who has not been diagnosed with any irregularity but is infertile
Which specialist should you visit?
If you or your partner or both have shown signs of infertility, then visiting the following specialists can be helpful:
- Specialists for men - Urologists and Andrologists are specialists who treat men for infertility. Urologists conduct an analysis of semen quality, semen count, hormone levels, reproductive organs and abnormalities in bladder and kidneys. Andrologists are medical professionals who specialize in hormonal conditions and physiology of male infertility.
- Specialists for women - Hormonal imbalance is one of the potent obstacles to pregnancy. If a general obstetrician/gynecologist has not been able to successfully treat a woman then she can visit a reproductive endocrinologist who specializes in hormonal disorders. Depending upon the nature of the problem, she can also visit a reproductive surgeon who deals with uterine abnormalities, endometriosis, and reproductive organ surgery.
My dad is 48 years old and he is recently discovered with a 15 mm gallbladder stone. He has also high blood sugar level. So my question is, is it necessary to have surgery only for removal of stone or it can be dissolved with medicine? if surgery is required than what kind of surgeries are available.
Age 21 if any person has low cortisol level that is 8 am cortisol what does this indicate person already suffer from hypothyroidism please tell me is their any danger from low cortisol level.
What are the possible causes for increase of uric acid in blood. What are problems it can cause in the body? How it can be cured?
I am a diabetic patient. What is the process to give sugar test? What is right? To take medicine or not to take medicine on sugar test day? Which report is right, report with medicine or without medicine? Kindly help?
I am Diabetic from the last years. I've tried a lot of remedies to cure. I've lost my weight from 76 to 57. I want to regain my lost health. Please suggest me any therapy, medications and diet.
My wife is having 6 month pregnancy. Her blood sugar levels pp are up to 120. But fasting blood sugar is from 110 to 118. Should she start taking insulin?
I am 32 years old, male. I have been suffering from increased uric acid levels every time I stopped taking medicine for lowering the levels. I have got 3 attacks of Gout in the last 5 years on my leg thumb. Please suggest if you have any medicine to cure the Uric acid problem permanently.
Dear Doctor, I am taking oral medication to control blood sugar levels for past 9.5 years. At present I take morning and night one tablet each having combination of 500 mg metformin with 40mg Gliclazide. In the afternoon it is Vildagliptin 50mg. With this I have kept my HBA1C under 7.0. Do I still have a choice of medicines before turning on finally to Insulin?
Hi I am 35 year old my height is 5. 7 and weight 82 kgs my hba1c has come to 7.7 I have been taking glyciphage 500 twice daily before food. How can I control my sugar permanently.
Sir I am suffering from increase in urinal acid my feet is paining alot after ek or two hours of continuous sitting please you should tell me what precautions I should do.
Diabetes is often considered as deadly as cancer. It is a disease that requires lifestyle changes and diet modifications. It is also a disease that affects almost the entire system of your body. Whether you have Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes, it will do you a world of good to understand the effects of diabetes. Neurovascular damage is one of the most common effects, this means that diabetes will affect the nerves and blood supply of the body.
While Type 1 diabetes makes its presence felt much earlier and is hereditary quite often, Type 2 appears later in life with age and cumulative stress. The effects of diabetes are related to the duration of the disease. Therefore, people with Type 1 diabetes are more likely to have the symptoms early on and need to learn to manage them. Type 2 makes its appearance later, but needs good monitoring for the effects to not surface or prolong the severity of symptoms.
As we all know, all body systems are affected by diabetes, sexual health is no exception. Diabetes decreases blood supply and impacts the nerves in the genitals, thus causing a series of issues right from reduced libido and erectile dysfunction in males to vaginal dryness and painful coitus (perunia) in females.
Listed below are issues diabetic men and women face in terms of sexual health:
- Diabetes reduces testosterone levels, which is directly reflected in reduced libido. Altered nerve function does not provide proper signals to the penis and there is also reduced blood flow to the organ. Both these can diminish the chances of a good erection. Studies have shown that among men who have had diabetes for 10 years, about 50% have experienced erectile dysfunction.
- The affected nerve function also leads to difficulties in reaching a climax. Diabetes in men can additionally cause Peyronie's disease, which leads to a curved penis, and this leads to painful and difficult erections and coitus.
- It leads to reduced sexual desire due to testosterone levels. Vaginal dryness is very common in females with diabetes and therefore, there is a definite decline in the urge.
- The above mentioned neurovascular damage also prevents women from reaching a good climax, as the nerve supply is affected.
- Diabetes also increases the predisposition to urinary tract infections, which can lead to painful sexual experience due to additional vaginal dryness and itching.
Finally, as much as it may sound as a cause for concern, it is not. People with diabetes know that making small lifestyle changes can go a long way in terms of onset of symptoms, their severity, and the leading of a normal life. Modifications in diet and lifestyle to include healthy eating, reduced stress, and exercising are very useful. It is also very important to talk to your doctor about how your sexual health has changed with diabetes. It is a sensitive and private topic, but if you are concerned about it, then do not hesitate to seek help.