Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. Mv Poorna ChandraYour feedback matters!
My wife is a sugar patient since dev. 2007 in first time doctor prescribe citapin xr500 after lunch one time. In 2009 doctor chang his dose one after lunch and one after dinner that time sugar level is 110 fasting and 140 pp. After 2011 onec again dose was changed citapin xr500 and glimer 1mg with lunch and citapin xr 500 at dinner this time sugar level is 110/140 and doctor start caditor (atervovastitin) 5mg ciplar la 20mg and telmikind h. In 2014 november my wife stop taking glimer 1mg tablet in january 2015 sugar level is 220/279 this was very high so we go to our doctor doctor changed sugar medicine this was gluformin g2 but sugar level was not drop this was 239/190. And h1bc level is 2.3. In febuary 2015 sugar level 290/331 and c peptide level is 1.2 from march 2015 she is taking galvas 50 and dimecron xr 500 max with lunch and dinner with regular medicine ciplar la20 and caditor 5mg telmikind h at night. Dear respected doctor my question is this are this medicine are safe for long time use for sugar treatment
I am a diabetic and on regular medication. My age is 43. I used to regular walking for 1 hour in morning and evening but I have the habit of taking alcohol regularly. Please advice.
My father is having gol bladder stone, many of them, he is also suffering from diabetes for the last 13 years and had a bypass surgery done 7 years back, so is it advisable to get a micro surgery done to remove the stone, pls advice.
I am 59 years old male person & suffering from diabetes since 2003. I had feel some weakness during intercourse. Please suggest me the tablet/Ayurvedic medicine to eliminate the weakness & increase the intercourse time also.
Hi. My mom 65 yes old. In health check, found her hemoglobin, wbc count and palette count below. Palette count 1.25 *10" 5. Does it symbolize any virus? she is normal and put on weight due to tsh hypothyroidism (her no. 9.85 against normal 3, t3/t4 normal). She is regular in taking bp and diabetes tablets. What kind of home remedies (first aid) to do? what treatment need to carry out? or which specialist to consult?
I have problem of high uric acid gout now my uric acid level is 8.0 and my elbow have pain swelling from 15 days is there any permanent solution for this.
You may develop a form of diabetes during pregnancy, which is known as gestational diabetes. The condition usually goes away after childbirth. During pregnancy, hormonal changes within the body may cause the blood sugar level to rise. This condition affects the developing fetus as well, as the baby receives nutrients from your blood. The baby may store the extra sugar as fat and may grow unusually large.
How gestational diabetes affects the baby
Owing to the abnormally large size, the baby may be at risk of facing several complications, if you have gestational diabetes. Your baby may be affected in the following ways:
1. There may be injuries during birth due to the large size.
2. Low blood sugar level and mineral level during birth.
3. Jaundice, which is a condition which turns the skin to yellow.
4. The baby may be born prematurely.
5. Breathing problems which are temporary.
6. The baby will be at a higher risk of obesity later in life.
How gestational diabetes affects the mother
The chances of several pregnancy complications get enhanced due to gestational diabetes. The possible risks are as follows:
1. Chances of undergoing a C-section
2. Chances of miscarriage
3. High blood pressure.
4. Pre-term birth
5. After giving birth, the mother has high chances of developing type 2 diabetes.
How to manage gestational diabetes?
You can follow several tips and must undergo lifestyle changes for keeping your diabetes in control. These include the following:
1. You should have a healthy diet with reduced amount of carbohydrates as they cause the sugar level to increase. You must abstain from high sugar food items.
2. Regular physical exercise is essential for the management of sugar levels. You should work out for at least 30 minutes every day.
3. Regular health check-ups are very important, especially for your baby after birth. These may include ultrasounds and nonstress tests.
4. Prescribed medication such as insulin and several others help in the management of blood sugar levels.
5. You must observe your blood sugar level properly. You should take a blood sugar test many times a day.
6. You should always watch your symptoms for any sign of blood sugar during pregnancy.
In case you are diagnosed with gestational diabetes, you must consult a doctor immediately. Managing this condition at an early stage will prevent your baby from being affected in several ways. The condition can be successfully managed and majority of women with gestational diabetes have regular vaginal births and produce healthy babies. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.