Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mv Poorna ChandraYour feedback matters!
I am 51 years old male and have blood sugar since 4 years daily take one metformin 500mg tab in morning. Recently check my sugar levels result is 385 after take tiffen. What should I do.
If someone is diagnosed with 11. 5 thyroid tsh level and then doctor suggest no medicine to take wait for 4 weeks and test repeat and then medicine start is it OK. And if once started thyroid medicine then dies one will continue lifelong.
Dear Doctor, I have hyperthyroid and due to that my right hand hurts so badly. What is the cause and can it be treated. Thank you.
My husband suffering with sugar patient (madhu meham) also suffering with knee pains, eye sight, sex problems.
Hello sir, My dad is 64 years old. He suffers from type 2 diabetes and hypertension. He takes Olmax LN 40 containing olmesartan 40 mg and cilnidipine 10 mg for HTN. He also takes an antiplatelet drug Clopilet A 75 (containing Aspirin 75 mg and Clopidogrel 75 mg) and a statin Lipigo 5 mg (containing rosuvastatin 5 mg). 1.Can he take omega 3 fatty acids like EPA and DHA 500 mg daily? Omega 3 fatty acids have been found to be very useful in reducing synthesis of prostaglandin series 2 molecules and thus are anti inflammatory. Thus is also good for cardiovascular and joint health. The American Heart Association (AHA) also recommends consumption of upto 1000 mg of EPA+DHA for heart health daily.
Hi my father's age is 55 and he is suffering from high blood pressure from last 15 days (bp- 100-200), he is suffering from diabetes also from last 5 months. Pls concern what should we do?
I am a diabetic history of 16 years. Presently I am taking lantus insulin with other medicines. Now my s creatinine is 1.4 which is on higher side. I wanted to know how it can bring in normal value.
Hello Doctors Can a prediabetes person can eat rice and fruits? If yes then please tell names of the fruits. And what should be avoided?
I' m daibetic patient taking novomix30 10unit before belfast n before dinner and glycomet sr500 1tab twice a day now days my blood sugar level is 148 after food is it good?
I'm 27 years male. Throat pinning pain at lower end left side from 3 months Not constant on and off I hv take cepodem, nimulid ,Clavmentin 625.
My wife suffering to thyroid and we are met many doctors but they are not controlled thyroid. every time report are updown. Pls assist me.
Diabetes during pregnancy is known as gestational diabetes. It is interesting to note that the chances of getting gestational diabetes, is one of the most common complication of pregnancy. It has increased by almost 40%. Also, gestational diabetes not only affects the health of the mother, but also the health of the baby. What usually happens with gestational diabetes is that the blood sugar level, of both the mother and the baby go above the normal level.
Ayurveda can help treat this disease. Here are the most common Ayurveda remedies for gestational diabetes.
- Gurmaar: Gurmaar, called "The Sugar Killer" is also known as Gymnema sylvestre in medical jargon. Gurmaar also contains gymnemic acid molecules, which are crucial because they have an anti-diabetic effect. They work by combining with glucose molecules, which are in the blood stream. These stop the glucose from entering the bloodstream.
- Karela: Karela is commonly known as bitter gourd and its biological name is Momordica charantia. It has anti-diabetic properties and also contains many other micronutrients, which are crucial in preventing the complications which arise from gestational diabetes.
- Vizaysaar: Vizaysaar comes from the bark of a tree whose biological name is Pterocarpus marsupium. It is very useful for diabetes. If you immerse the wood of Vizaysaar in water overnight and then drink it, your blood sugar levels are expected to fall.
- Saptrangi: Saptrangi is biologically known as Salacia oblonga. Just like Vizaysaar, it is a tree whose bark is immersed in water and then drunk by the patient suffering from diabetes. You will know that the water is ready for drinking when it turns brown, which usually happens overnight. It is also being studied in Western herbal schools in addition to Ayurveda nowadays.
- Tulsi: Tulsi is a holy plant in Hindu mythology and is known as Ocimum sanctum in biological terms. It is worshiped as a holy plant because it has tremendous medicinal properties including treating many types of cancers, cough, cold, sore throat as well as reducing blood sugar.
- Ashwagandha: The medical name for ashwagandha is Withania somnifera. It is another great remedy for diabetes.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 33 year old man suffering from diabetes from 15 years. Sometimes my vision gets blurred and get okay after sometime. Please advise.
I am 57 year old and I am suffering from high sugar level. Today my sugar level was 240 I want to consult you regarding that. I am also suffering from cancer Just want to ask you what documents should I bring.
I am 42 years, pure vegetarian and having hypo thyroid since last 10 years, I am feeling weak most of the time despite of taking medicine of thyroid everyday as per regular check up. Kindly suggest medicine to keep me energetic.
A Stress test is done by making you do exercises like walking on a treadmill or riding a stationary bike during an Electro Cardiogram or ECG. Sometimes, medication to stimulate your heart is used instead of exercise.
The stress test compares the circulation of blood in the heart when you are resting and when you are under optimum physical pressure. There are various types of stress tests, but the most common of them is the Treadmill Stress Test or TMT.
Why it’s done?
- A stress test is a common test for identifying a heart problem like Coronary Artery Disease or CAD in which the major blood vessels that supply your heart with blood, oxygen and nutrients, also called coronary arteries, get blocked, damaged or diseased.
- It’s also used for determining the condition of your heart after a heart attack.
- TMT utilizes exercise so it helps to show up extreme shortness in breathing, chest discomfort, dizziness and sudden weakness- all of these indicating an underlying heart condition.
- TMT is also used to check the efficiency of the heart medications for diseases like angina and ischemia and to monitor heart function in patients who’ve had an angioplasty or a heart attack earlier.
- It is also to identify an abnormal heart rhythm due to exercise.
CAD and Diabetes
People with diabetes are at high risk of coronary artery disease, as it tends to present late, Diabetics also suffer more silent heart muscle problems like Ischemia. This is why TMT is a lifesaver for diabetics as early detection and intervention can save lives.
- You need to prepare yourself before you take a stress test.
- You must not eat or drink anything but water for four hours before the exercise stress test which includes TMT.
- You should not drink any beverage with caffeine for twelve hours before the test too.
- You must stop all medications for the heart on the day the test is scheduled, unless specifically instructed by your doctor.
- If you are a diabetic, you should ask your doctor how much insulin can you inject on the day of the test, and if you are on pills, be aware that the medication is only to be taken after the completion of the stress test.
- You should wear comfortable clothes and soft walking shoes or sneakers for the TMT.
How is a TMT done?
A nurse or technician will place electrodes on your chest. These are then attached to wires that carry the electrical activity of your heart to the monitor and recorder of the ECG/EKG machine. These leads record different parts of your heart.
- Before you start the test, the EKG will record your heart activity on paper. This is called the Resting EKG.
- Initially, the treadmill is switched on at a rather slow ‘warm-up’ speed and gradually both the incline of the treadmill and the speed is increased every three minutes called stages.
- During TMT your blood pressure is recorded at the second minute in every stage.
- A stress test generally takes up to 90 minutes from beginning to end, but the exercise part of the test takes only 20 minutes.
- If you develop any uneasiness, TMT is stopped before the target heart rate is achieved.
How TMT Works
During the TMT, the healthy arteries in the heart dilate more than the blocked ones. This uneven dilation means that more blood is provided to the heart by the healthy arteries as compared to the blocked ones to their designated areas. This lowered blood flow makes the muscles in those areas thirsty for more blood during the TMT, creating symptoms like chest pain, and/or shortness of breath. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Endocrinologist.