Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. MuruganYour feedback matters!
I have a problem with my eye. I have irritation in my eyes if i work more. I checked with doctors. They say that there is no problem in my eye. But laptop , mobile phone usage , tv makes this irritation . What to do for this problem ?
Hi, I have a one problem in my left eye that side red part from 1days. Please give me advice what should I do?
I am a 14 years old boy and I have spectacles, my eyesight is -3.5 in both eyes is there any way to improve my eyesight.
I have pain in my leg which is causing from 2months and also when I see the objects or books in my eyes water will come.
Sir I have studied in vibrant academy kota since 2 years. And I have 2.0 power spectacles on my eyes. I need help to cure eyesight. Any type of medicine any exercise anything to cure my eyes. Thanks.
My age is 17 years. My problem is related to eyes. I have dark circles on my eyes and also when I start study then my both eyes starts watering and I feel stress and at that time there is darkness in front of me. Please suggest me about its treatment.
I have an eye problem I lost my left eye vision almost Doctors say we can not do now Accidentally my eye was damage by a pen when I was 3 4 years Now both eyes are not looking same.
My mom has a problem of excess saliva secretion, she always has a running saliva from her mouth and she is not clear in her words, she can not talk clearly.
I have red eyes since two weeks. I take many medicines but no use. Tell me some fat recovering methods.
A fundamental aspect of eye care and the long-term prevention of vision loss for patients with diabetes mellitus involves the identification of specific retinal pathologies and the subsequent determination of the severity of diabetic retinopathy. Traditionally, this has been accomplished through individualized assessments by experienced eye care professionals, preferably following pupillary dilation. However, given that it is estimated that there will be more than half a billion persons with diabetes by 2030, necessitating nearly 2000 eye examinations per minute just to evaluate those in need once every year, this approach to retinal evaluation is unlikely to be sustainable by health care systems globally. Furthermore, despite multiple national and international initiatives to increase access and promote awareness regarding the need for eye examinations for all persons with diabetes, only approximately 18% to 60% of persons undergo examinations that attain the recommended ocular examination guidelines.
Please prescribe a simple saline solution to hydrate my eyes and give them a soothing feel. Does REFRESH TEARS is good to use?
I have red eyes over 7days and my uncle 48years old he is red eyes over25 days, and my child 5years old red eyes over 3-4days.
A cataract usually forms in the eyes due to clouding of the naturally clear lens that coats the eyes.This coating is usually a matter of age advancement or any other injury that the eyes may have sustained. It may also be a birth defect that a baby may be born with. There are various ways to deal with this debilitating condition.
One of the methods of treatment includes cataract surgery. Read on to find out more about this form of treatment:
- Procedure: During this surgery, the ophthalmologist will remove the cloudy lens and clean it before replacing it with a man-made lens.The technique followed for this procedure is known as phacoemulsification which involves a small cut or incision for the cataract surgery. The incision helps the doctor in liquefying and then vacuuming the centre portion of the lens, which is slightly harder than the rest of the lens.
- Device: The doctor will usually administer anaesthesia first and then make the tiny incision on one side of the cornea. Thereafter, an instrument or device will be inserted through this opening to send out ultrasonic vibrations to the eye. These vibrations will help in breaking the lens into tiny pieces. These fragments will be removed with the help of a suction that will go in through the tiny cut. This cut may also be made with the help of a laser beam.
- New Lens: Once the fragments of the old lens have been cleared, the doctor will go about the process of inserting the new man made lens which is usually made up of clear plastic, acrylic or even silicon, and is known as IOL or intraocular lens. This process is generally termed as intraocular lens implantation.
- Improved Vision: With the help of the new lens, the patient will now enjoy better vision and a visible decline in the symptoms of the cataract including problems in night driving.
- Convenient: This procedure usually takes about an hour and is an outpatient procedure. It is a completely safe procedure where numbing drops are placed on the eye so as to reduce any pain significantly. The doctor will usually give you a novocaine injection around the eye. Also, cataracts from both eyes will not be removed on the same day, and the doctor will schedule you for cataract removal from the second eye for another day.
- Aftermath: After the surgery is over, it is normal to feel some amount of irritation in the eye. If this irritation is persistent, you must see a doctor about it.
Painkillers like acetaminophen and ibuprofen can be used to recover from the pain after the surgery. Ask an ophthalmologist about other measures.