Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Murthy
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. MurthyYour feedback matters!
Earaches can make life miserable. At times, the pain gets so intense that it throws life in jeopardy. This is where homeopathic medicines come as a huge relief. Earaches of different origins can be effectively treated with homeopathic medicines.
- Chamomilla: Chamomilla is the best homeopathic relief for people suffering from excruciating earache. The pain usually aggravates at night. The maddening pain leaves the person mentally very agitated. The medicine is equally helpful for children who get agitated and irritated due to the unbearable pain.
- Pulsatilla: At times, the earache is accompanied by a thick (mostly greenish) discharge from the ear. As a result, the ear feels quite heavy. A person might also experience difficulty in hearing. The darting pain is at its worst self at night. Such earaches and associated symptoms are best treated with the homeopathic medicine, Pulsatilla.
Sometimes, even a little exposure to cold air can result in earaches. Worse still, there is a pus like discharge from the ear and fever. The ear is very sensitive to touch. Hepar Sulph is an ideal homeopathic remedy under such circumstances. Psorinum is mainly used when the pus like discharge has a very unpleasant odour.
At times, dental problems and throat infections can result in severe earache. Homeopathy has a solution for all. Plantago is an excellent homeopathic medicine to treat earaches resulting from toothache. Merc Sol is effective against earaches originating from dental problems. In such cases, there may be blood or yellow discharge from the ear and the pain gets unbearable at night.
Lachesis and Phytolacca are known to provide great relief from earaches resulting from throat infections. Lachesis is helpful when the throat pain slowly shoots up to the left ear. Swallowing of food makes the situation worse. Phytolacca, on the other hand, is the best medicine when the shooting ear pain is right sided. Belladonna helps to deal with severe and throbbing ear pain.
Infection of the Otitis Media (middle ear) is a common factor, resulting in earaches. There may be fever and pus like discharge. The hearing is also greatly impaired. At night, the pain reaches the superlative degree. Go for Hepar Sulph if the pain intensifies upon slightest exposure to cold air. Use Belladonna in case the ear infection is at a very nascent stage. Pulsatilla is equally effective to treat such earaches.
Many a times, the ear pain can be of nerve origin. It is more of a facial pain, with the ear being affected. Verbascum Thapsus (Mullein Oil) can be of great help and can also be effectively used as an ear drop to provide some relief. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
Am 35 years im suffering from sinus and im using ayurvedic medicine from last 6 months but im not cured im getting sever headache can the siNus wil be completely cured by using ayurvedic medicine.
Hi, My throat feels blocked all the time, especially after a meal. When I cough up in the morning I see white stuff coming out which are large enough. I researched about this and found out that these white stuffs are called tonsillitis. Theres no way that I have been able to get rid of these. I maintain good oral hygiene, still no luck. Taking antibiotics helped for a period of time but soon as I stop medication, I start getting them. Please help. Thanks!
Are you aware of the causes and symptoms of vertigo? Also known as bhrama, vertigo is a balance disorder. It is also referred to as a spinning sensation and head rush. A sense of spinning of the nearby surroundings is experienced by a person affected with vertigo. Standing in an upright position becomes difficult. The onset of this condition occurs in several ways. Ayurveda has a complex explanation for vertigo or bhrama, which is as follows:
According to Ayurveda, vertigo is caused because of your pitta and vata doshas.
- When the vata and pitta doshas get excited, an abnormal functioning of the balance mechanism within your inner ear is caused.
- A vestibular imbalance, or an imbalance in the inner part of your ear is the primary cause of vertigo. It disrupts the coordination of a stimulus and response.
- Any defect or disruption in the proper flow of oxygen to the ear can result in vertigo attacks.
Factors causing imbalance in doshas
- Viral infections like common cold
- Ear problems like discharges, infections in the ear cavity, and perforation of the eardrum
- Certain cardiovascular diseases such as low blood pressure, valve diseases, and improper heart rhythms
- Migraine and anemia
- Certain neck ailments such as cervical spondylosis
- Arthritis and injury to the head that leads to concussions
Several Ayurvedic herbs and remedies are used for the treatment of vertigo. These herbs are added to a patient’s regular diet. They are as follows:
- Ashwagandha improves the flow of oxygen in your body. It is commonly used for dealing with respiratory problems that result in vertigo or bhrama.
- Ginkgo is the most effective Ayurvedic herb for curbing all forms of circulatory problems. It enhances the flow of oxygen to various parts of your body. It is ideal for the reduction and elimination of vertigo. It also cures ringing in the ears, which is a common vertigo symptom.
- The roots of the vacha tree are effective in giving relief to vertigo patients.
- A concoction made of Guduchi Kasaya is effective in curing a vertigo. One should have 30ml of the concoction every morning, at least half an hour before breakfast.
- Other important Ayurvedic remedies that help with vertigo management include Triphala, Sarpagandha, Yogendra rasa, Saraswatarishtha, and many others.
It is recommended for you to consult an Ayurvedic practitioner before starting Ayurvedic treatment for vertigo on your own. He will be able to diagnose your condition and severity, and accordingly prescribe the best treatment.