Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Muralidhar S KathalagiriYour feedback matters!
Hii sir, I am facing skin problem, I am 19 years old and my skin is oily. If you do something than do please.
I am 22 years old. I am suffering from dark circles since last a year. Give me a proper medical advice.
I have white circle on my body continuously. What is the main suggestion for relief from that? Please need help.
Hello doctor. I have pimples for last four years. Now it reduced completely. But there is black dots and small holes in my cheeks. So kindly give me some medicine or natural way to clear it in effectively.
My skin is oily and I had acne before. Now I have that spots and scar like marks. How to reduce that? And my lips are getting dark now.
To overcome the conditions of dryness caused by the solidification of skin's oily content during winter, there are some ways by which you can rejuvenate your skin by adding to its softness and suppleness besides boosting its collagen content. 1) To do away with the conditions of hardness harnessed during winter, consumption of juicy fruits and vegetable with the particular inclusion of olive oil and primrose juice will prove to be a healthy alternative. 2) In order to get rid of external dryness and chaps, application of coconut oil prior to bathing can be another helpful option. As far as application of oil is concerned, it is better to opt for ones which do not clog the dermal pores. Non clogging oils such as avocado oil, primrose oil and almond oil should be preferred over those causing to block skin pores. 3) Application of petroleum jelly on areas particularly affected with chaps and dryness happens to be one of the most effective options. 4) Instead of using soap high in their alkaline content, it is better to have your skin washed with paste of ground gram and yogurt. In case you prefer using soap, make sure to use one with adequate moisturizing content. Soaps based on natural oils and glycerin may turn out to be a healthy alternative. 5) Avoid using hot water for bathing, instead go for lukewarm water enriched with drops of glycerin or herbal oil such as tea tree oil to make up for the loss of moisture. 6) Skin may be similarly hydrated with cold creams and moisturizer oily in content. In place of water based moisturizers opted for during summer, go for the oily ones. 7) Moisturizing lotions based on glycerin and alpha-hydroxyl content can contribute to the smoothening feel of the skin. 8) Skin toner containing essential oils or the rejuvenating elements of vitamin E can prove to be similarly effective. However, if the facial skin is naturally oily, avoid using the same on face. 9) While going for manicure and pedicure, make sure to have your limbs soaked in lukewarm water enriched with drops of natural oil. 10) To prevent brittleness in nails, make sure to pamper your finger and toe nails with sufficient touches of oil, glycerin or moisturizers. 11) In order to overcome flaking, chapping and itchy cracks caused during winter, use cotton socks, gloves to have yourself adequately covered from the pinching chill of winter. 12) Avoid using facial packs and masks which suck out the natural oil content of the skin. Facial pack containing mud should be avoided for this reason. Rather go for cleansing milk and oil based pack. Facial masks containing avocado extracts in addition to olive oil is helpful during winter. Similarly a blend of yogurt, buttermilk and sour cream or the creamy layer of milk with respective ingredients being combined in small measure is helpful for activating the skin's collagen content. 13) To overcome conditions of dryness and chap formation on lips, opt for a lip balm enriched with vitamin E. Likewise, to get rid of ugly cracks on feet, go for a therapeutic ointment or lotion containing vitamin E. In extreme cases of cracks, one has to use ointment containing necessary anti-biotic. A vital skin care tip for winter involves bare minimum use of water. After a wash or shower, make sure to pat yourself completely dry. In case your work demands recurrent exposure to water, make sure to use gloves to have the hands well protected. Use humidifiers to have the indoor environment well hydrated and moisturized. With the help of a humidifier, winter harnessed dryness and conditions of cracks can be overcome. One shouldn't avoid using sun's cream during winter, but it is always preferable using one with an increased moisturizing content.
Hello dr, iam 22 year's old. My skin tone is medium fair. But I have light brown dark circles around eyes & darkness around chin & forehead. I hve tried many creams but doesn't suited!
Normally when a mosquitoes bites me I get itching for a while but for some day its gets rashes and wounds which get itching all the time and this is happened only in feet please help me know if its a disease.
I am 29 year old female and my problem is dark circles under eyes 8 years. What should I do ? Please.
I am male 48 years old, I am facing face, lips swelling when I wake up in morning. Occasionally it is coming, at that time it little difficult to eat.
Staying out in the sun too long can cause you to suffer from a host of skin problems such as age spots, wrinkles and even increase your risk of developing skin cancer. During the summer months, you need to take extra care of yourself as the sun is at its peak at that time. Here's what you can do in this summer to ensure that your skin remains protected:
1. Avoid the rays of the sun between 10 am and 2 pm - The strength of the UV rays depends on a number of factors such as reflective surfaces, height, and time of day. The sun's UV rays are at their strongest between 10 am and 2 pm. If you're outdoors, seek a cool area to protect yourself from the damaging rays of the sun. You could stand under a tree or use an umbrella to shield yourself from its ultraviolet rays.
2. Don't use tanning beds - Several studies reveal that tanning beds can cause skin cancer. According to these studies, individuals under 30 who use tanning beds increase their risk of melanoma (the most deadly of all skin cancers) by about 75%.
3. Increase your fluid intake - One of the ways in which you can beat the sun and protect your skin is by increasing your fluid intake during this time. On an average, one should have about 3 liters of fluids every day, which is about 1.5-2 liters of water and 1 liter of fluid from solid foods. From summer foods like watermelon and berries to beverages like fruit juice, milk, etc and liquid-based meals - all these avenues should be considered.
4. Have a proper cleansing regimen - To help your skin look fresh even during the summer months, you should exfoliate regularly. When you do this, all the dead skin cells are removed, giving your face a youthful and fresh appeal.
5. Use a sunscreen all the time - To protect yourself from the damaging ultraviolet rays of the sun, you should never forget to apply sunscreen when going out. Ideally, a sunscreen that has an SPF of 30 should be applied thoroughly to your skin 30 minutes before leaving your house. More importantly, it should be applied again every 2 hours.