Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Muralidhar KathalgirYour feedback matters!
I had small pox a year and half ago and it left pit scars on my face and body. And still no sign of healing. What should I do to Heal them?
I am a 23 years old male and my problem is with my skin. I am tanning a lot. I haven't used anything but I would like to use natural solutions to remove tan because I don't like using chemicals on my skin. Please tell me a solution.
Pimples on my face, oily skin, skin complexion turning dark day by day. Suggest some home remedies or medicine pls help me out. Thank you in advance.
Hi I have pimples on my face past 5 years on words but pimples are not much now. But due to pimples I have holes and marks are there. Please, suggest for this how get rid this holes and marks on my face.
Hi i'm 23 years old female I have back ache while riding scooter but I haven't consulted any doctors is there any pills which I could recover in that i'm planning for my pregnancy will I get problem during that time. And I m planning take vitamin E capsules can you suggest me some good product for glowing skin and healthy hair. Thanks.
Blemishes refer to the discolored patches on your skin left behind by skin disorders such as pimples, acne, pigmentation or due to skin pores clogged by excess oil secretion. Blemishes, pimples and acne are some of the skin problems, which keep on affecting your skin and are hard to keep at bay completely. If you are suffering from the distressing problem of blemishes and wondering whether it is possible for you to get rid of them forever, then the good news is that it is not absolutely impossible. But in order to do so, you have to persistently work hard on your skin care regime.
Following are some interesting ways to eliminate those blemishes forever:
- Skin exfoliation: Skin exfoliation is a very effective process for getting rid of blemishes permanently. Exfoliation helps to shed the upper layer of your skin or rather the affected layer of your skin. But after exfoliation, a strict skin care routine must be followed everyday, which should combine cleaning, toning and moisturizing, so that the pimples and acne do not get a chance of popping out again.
- Avoid overexposure to sun: Too much exposure to sun can worsen your blemishes and make them darker in color. It can also create difficulties to get rid of them. Sun exposure may lead to break out of more pimples and acne, which in turn will leave behind marks on your skin.
- Cut down on sugar: Research shows that consuming excess sugar can trigger the break out of acne on your skin. Therefore, cutting down on your sugar intake will prevent further acne breakouts, which, in turn, will help you to get rid of your blemishes forever.
- Apply lemon juice: Applying lemon juice to the affected areas on a regular basis is another great remedy.
- Avoid oily and fried foods: Excluding oily and fried foods from your diet can help reduce the excess oil secretion by the skin pores and also prevent clogging of the pores.
Impetigo is a disorder caused by bacterial infection resulting in sores and blisters. It usually occurs more in children and less in adults. It is characterized by red sores filled with fluid, along with yellowish brown crusts. It is contagious in nature and may spread via sharing sheets, clothing and towels.
Impetigo may be classified as:
- Bullous impetigo: This type usually occurs in children below two years of age. The body, arms and the legs are the areas where the symptoms first appear.
- Impetigo contagiosa:This form of impetigo usually appears near the mouth and the nose. The rashes are not usually painful but may be itchy. After the blisters burst, they leave red rashes.
- Ecthyma: This is a form of impetigo that affects the second layer of the skin. The blisters may turn into open sores or ulcers. It may also lead to swollen lymph nodes.
The symptoms of impetigo are:
- You may have small red spots that turn to blisters
- The blisters emit fluid
- The blisters may increase in number
In addition to the above symptoms, you may experience swollen lymph nodes and skin lesions.
This disease is caused by strep or staph bacteria. The bacteria enter the body through other skin conditions such as insect bites, eczema, burns and poison ivy. It may also be triggered by irritation of the skin. The likelihood of contracting impetigo increases if you have allergies.
It may also occur if you come in contact with an affected person. Sharing personal items such as bedding, towels or comb may lead to symptoms of impetigo. If you have dermatitis, diabetes or have a weak immune system then you are prone to impetigo. The disease is treated with antibiotics. Mild symptoms of impetigo may be treated by following basic hygiene practices.