Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Murali SubramanianYour feedback matters!
He is 65 years old heart patient diabetic and had a surgery of cancer, his S Creatine is now 9.5, doctors have advised dialysis, is it the right treatment or is there any other alternative.
USG Breast: Normal fat globules and fibroglandular component, No mass, cyst/ calcification seen. Retromamary areas are normal, Nipple and retroareolar areas are normal, Normal Vascularity. Well defined hypo echoic lesion measuring 13*8 mm is noted in the right inner lower quadrant at 5 o'clock position of right breast, Left axillary lymph node measuring 7*6 mm noted with retained fatty hilum. Impression: Well defined hypoechoic lesion in the right inner lower quadrant at 5 o'clock position of right breast - fibroadenoma (BIRADS category III Lesion) Q. This is my USG report of my Breast, so can you kindly inform me do I need to do surgery for that or I can go for a course of medicine?
I am 62 years Male suffering from Prostate Enlargement for the last 4 years. Now I am planning to go for TURP which is suggested by Urologist. Now I understand that Laser surgery for this is available which is painless and bloodless where recovery is reported to be very fast unlike conventional surgery. Please inform me which is best type of surgery ie. Either conventional or laser surgery.(weight of the gland is 140 gms.
I have a lump on the inside of my vagina. I didnt notice it untill painful intercourse. I kept it a secret for a few months. I was embarrassed. It is on the right side. Intercourse got too painful. So I went to the doctor not my primary doctor I just went to the e. R. But it was so uncomfortable the doctor barely got to see it cause I kept jerking. He assumed it was an absece and even said he seen it had a head on it. I looked myself and there is no head. It never hurts and it never bothers me untill I try to have inter course. But you can fill a lump down there and see it what do you think it is? please I need help?
What is the symptoms of lung cancer? Is there any cure for this? Is main cause of it smoking? I need help. So contact me as soon as possible.
I am a cancer survivor still now I am in doctor's observation. After completing all the cycles of chemotherapy, my hands and legs became so dark as compare to the rest of my body. So please share the quick solution.
I have consulted some doctors. They all said me that I have'lypoma. Does it have any cure ? It is absolutely painless.
I am 50 year old having problem of auto immune disease called granulomatosis with poly angitis. Diagnosed last year. Started drugs Now I am better but afraid to have the same problems again. Is there any perfect medicines in homeopathy, which can give permanent and better results even after chemotherapy? As I have taken total 8 therapies. Please suggest before any changes. Thanks.
I'm unmarried milk like liquid tiny drops is coming from my breast I don't have pain when I touch the breast and move and not even my nipples but sometimes I feel uneasy in my breast.
What menstrual problems are to women, prostate problems are to men. The prostate is a gland in the lower abdomen that aids in the production of semen. The prostate is walnut sized in a young man, but can get enlarged with age. As it grows bigger, it can cause a number of problems. These are commonly seen after a man celebrates his 50th birthday.
There are three common prostate problems faced by men. Some of the symptoms that can tell if a man has a prostate problem are:
1. Difficulty faced while urinating.
2. The urge to urinate frequently at night.
3. Constant feeling of a full bladder.
4. Pain while urinating.
5. Blood in urine.
This can be defined as inflammation of the prostate gland. In most cases the cause of this inflammation is unknown. However, there are two types of prostatitis; bacterial and nonbacterial. While the former reacts well to antibiotics, the latter is more difficult to control. Symptoms of this disease vary from one person to the next. Some of the factors that could trigger this disease are:
1. Chemical irritants
2. Past bacterial infection
3. Dysfunctional pelvic floor muscles
4. Sexual abuse
5. Chronic anxiety
As mentioned earlier, as men get older, the prostate gland tends to grow in size. This growth is benign, but can block the bladder neck and prostatic urethra. This can cause problems urinating and lead to acute urinary retention. This can be very painful. Inserting a catheter can provide temporary relief and help release stored urine. Chronic retention is much less common and is associated with high bladder pressure and can damage the kidneys.
Advancing age and family genetic history are said to be the main triggers of prostate cancer. This type of cancer can remain restricted to the prostate gland in its early stages but may spread to the other glands as the cancer advances. This can also cause the growth of secondary tumors in the bones.
The only way to correctly diagnose a prostate problem is with a thorough physical examination. This includes a digital rectal exam where the doctor will insert a gloved finger into your rectum to check the size of your prostate, a blood test, mid stream urine tests and ultrasounds. In some cases a biopsy of the prostate may also be required. Depending on the diagnosis, your doctor may prescribe antibiotics, surgery, radiotherapy or hormone therapy to manage your prostate. Or, you can also consult a specialist online.
The most dreadful part of getting to work and getting back home in the evening is the being stuck in a traffic jam. Whether you’re driving yourself or being driven home, a traffic jam can sap your spirits and make you feel tired even though you’re not really exerting yourself. According to a recent study, these traffic jams not only increase your stress levels, but also make your body susceptible to cancer.
Yes! They can be a major reason behind your ill health-
- Bumper to bumper traffic that moves at snail pace can be very stressful, especially if you have to get somewhere at a particular time. The irritation of not being able to move at your desired pace adds on to the million other things going on in your mind. The body reacts to stress by increasing blood sugar and blood pressure levels. Long term stress can lead to digestive problems, fertility issues and a weakened immune system that makes the body vulnerable to other diseases and infections. Stress can also lead to the development of behavior like smoking, drinking and over eating which can increase a person’s risk of cancer.
- Pollution levels are highest at traffic signals and at traffic jams. This is because at a busy intersection, cars go through various stages such as accelerating, braking and idling in a restricted space. Each of these actions is accompanied with emission of toxic gases and fine particles of matter which concentrate in an area and take longer to disperse. Contrary to popular belief, people in cars can be more affected by these pollutants than pedestrians. This is especially true in cases where people have their windows up and fans on as the fans suck in polluted air leading to a buildup of toxic gases inside the car. When these gases and particulate matter are inhaled, they get stuck in the nose and throat and are absorbed into the blood stream. Long term exposure to this can have serious negative effects on the body including a higher risk to cancer. To avoid this, ensure that the setting of the ac of your car or fan is set to only circulate air inside the car without drawing in polluted air from outside.
Also, try and find ways to avoid traffic jams. If your office allows, maybe you could try changing your timing a little. Experiment with routes. Often the inner roads have more twists and turns but much less traffic.
I am 24 year old suffring from prostatis. Doctor done my urine routine show 2-3 puscell in urine. He gave me ofloxion 400mg for 3 months. After done the cource. 50%symptom are gone but not fully. I go to another uroglist. He done my seemen anylisis show 10-12 puss cell in sperm. No growth in culture. Doctor give me levofloxion 500mg for 4week. Why ofloxion 400mg is not working in my sperm infection. Is levofloxion500mg work on my spreem in fection please reply me sir.
Mere breasts mei hmesha pain rhta hai or bhot heavy sa feel hota hai. Jb letne k baad uthti hu to bhot dard hota hai.
My mother in law is detected with lump on her left breast in mammogram and advised biopsy but the doctor is saying that if biopsy is done it needs to be operated within 48 hrs as it will disturb the tumor and the infection may spread. But I have doubt on what the doctor says. Pls advice.
I have been operated for spinal cord tumors two months ago, now I have pain in my buttocks and thig, what causes of it?
Though there are no proven ways to prevent cancer, you can do a lot of things reduce your risk of getting the disease. Here are 10 good important ways to do so:
1. Eat a healthy balanced diet
2. Maintain a healthy weight
3. Drink less alcohol
4. Quit smoking
5. Say No to any form of Tobaco including Pan and Gutka
6. Do regular exercise. At least, Walking.
7. Protect your skin from sun damage
9. Cervical smear tests for women every 3-5 years
9. Breast examination for signs of lumps, dimples or puckering
10. Last but not the least, in case of any lump or doubtful mass, consult an Oncologist without delay.
1. Regular exercise - at least 30 mins of exercise 4 times a week
2. Avoid smoking
3. Avoid alcohol consumption
4. Over-weight and obese individuals have a higher incidence of breast cancer. Maintain your weight in the normal range
5. Be breast aware - do regular self examinations
6. Clinical breast examination by an experienced breast surgeon after the age of 35 years (annually)
7. Regular mammograms after 40 years of age
8. If there is a family history of breast cancer, do consult your oncologist to discuss your risk of breast cancer.
The development of abnormal cells that can spread to other areas of the body is known as cancer. It has about 100 types and includes cancer of the skin, lung, prostate gland and so on. Compared to normal body cells that follow a proper path of cell division, growth, and termination, cancer cells don't die but continue to develop and divide.
Holistic treatment of cancer involves purification and strengthening of body's immune system.
Ayurvedic treatment of cancer comprises an all-around approach keeping in mind your temperament and body characteristics, the affected energies in the body as well as the tissues involved. More importantly, the treatment focuses not only on the malignant spot but your entire body system. This is because Ayurveda believes in restoring harmony to your entire being for the ailment to be treated effectively so as to prevent its recurrence.
The treatment plan involves the purification of the body and of the toxins that influence the cells to attack your body. Certain blood cleansing herbs are administered alongside the recommendation of a detoxifying diet. To stimulate blood flow in your body, herbs that improve blood circulation are prescribed by a practitioner. This renders an efficient removal of toxins, prevents stagnant blood from forming and assists in the healing process of your tissues. Since it's a debilitating disease, herbs and minerals that boost your immunity are also suggested.
What are the holistic methods of treating cancer according to Ayurveda?
The treatment methods for cancer include:
- Elimination of toxins from the body through Panchakarma (a therapy that involves five cleansing procedures)
- Abstinence from lifestyle and foods that lead to the imbalance of the tridosha namely, vata (air), pitta (heat) and kapha (water and earth forces)
- Restitution of the functions of your digestive system
- Rejuvenation through a special form of treatment called rasayanas
- Recommendations on Ayurvedic preparations that can be taken along with radiotherapy or chemotherapy
- Suggestions on Ayurvedic medications for minimizing the side effects of the various cancer therapies
In addition to these, treatment also involves suggesting ways to relax the mind. Yoga, meditation, and praanayam (an ancient practice involving ways to control your breath) are some of the ways that are recommended for bringing about deep personal healing for cancer patients.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Top 10 Home Remedies to Get Rid of Acidity ?