Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Murali SubramanianYour feedback matters!
Thyroid cancer affects the thyroid glands, which are located at the base of the throat. These glands produce thyroid hormones, which help in controlling the blood pressure, heart rate, weight and the body temperature.
Thyroid cancer is primarily of four types:
- Anaplastic carcinoma: This is the most severe type of thyroid cancer which is rare, but spreads extremely fast once the person is affected:
- Follicular carcinoma: This type of thyroid cancer can be cured, but it might relapse. Follicular cancer spreads quickly as well.
- Papillary carcinoma: This type of cancer is more common. It generally affects women who are still of reproductive age. The spread of papillary cancer is gradual and it is less dangerous than the types.
- Medullary carcinoma: This type occurs in the non thyroid cells in the thyroid gland. Medullary cancer is hereditary in nature.
Thyroid cancer has the following signs and symptoms:
- Lumps in the anterior neck, close to the Adam's apple.
- Enlarged glands in the neck
- Swallowing difficulties
- Complications in breathing
- Neck or throat pain
- Persistent cough without any signs of a cold.
In Ayurveda, cancer is seen as a hindrance to the life force. The cancer cells lack prana (oxygen) and produce a growth beyond the life force. It is the result of the dominance of any of the three: 'vata', 'kapha' or 'pitta' in the body. Ayurveda is all about balancing the energies in the body. Polluted environment, processed food loaded with preservatives and salts, and certain other factors can greatly affect the 'vata', 'kapha' and 'pitta'. Thyroid is the result of an aberration in the "kapha" dosha in the body.
The endocrine system produces hormones, which help in the overall functioning of the body. The 'kapha' dosha holds the endocrine system together. The thyroid glands are an important part of the body; they are a major endocrine system. Herbs that can help with thyroid cancer:
- black pepper
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized ayurveda and ask a free question.
One of my friends is suffering from breast cancer and it is said that intense pain is there. How can we be away from cancer?
While cancer has become a common place disease, most of its causes remain unknown. Most of us are not aware that few regular everyday materials present in most households are potential causes of cancer. Lets know about them, the health hazards they can cause, and be aware.
Check this list.
1. Shower curtains - shower curtains are made of toxic chemicals which get into not only the shower or the bath but also into the environment. It emits harmful chemicals which are called voc (volatile organic chemicals) and can prove to be very harmful for us.
2. Deodorants - deodorants and antiperspirants are known to have various ingredients which have cancerous properties. These sprays stay on our bodies for hours, until we wash them off. While on our bodies, they chemicals harm our skin and even through it.
3. Strong shampoos - many shampoos contain toxic chemicals though there is no scientific proof that they cause cancer. However, the array of chemicals used to make shampoos is definitely harmful for us and best, if avoided.
4. Room fresheners - air-fresheners, like deodorants have vcos which are toxic and extremely harmful for us. They aggravate asthma and even affect reproductive development. They have hazardous components which can be cancerous. It is advisable to use essential oils.
5. Scented candles - scented candles mostly have wicks made of lead. While they serve a good purpose, there is no point in using something which gives momentary relief but can prove hazardous in the long run.
6. Certain paints - permanent markers, acrylic paints, solvents, etc contain hazardous chemicals which have been associated with occurrences of cancer, allergies and oral damages.
7. Gardening chemicals - household pesticides, herbicides or fungicides that we often use in gardens can contain carcinogenic materials which are believed to cause lymphomas and breast cancer (in animal models).
8. Plastic food/beverage containers - plastic materials containing bpa, or bisphenol a are believed to dangerous for health. So when one is using plastic bottle or food container make sure it is bpa free.
9. Nonstick cookware - cooking utensils which are made with a nonstick coating (teflon) is suspected to be a carcinogen. The main chemical in nonstick coatings is perfluorooctanoic acid (pfoa) is known to cause cancer. Glass, cast iron, copper, and ceramic or pfoa free nonstick cookwares are safe.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over whatsapp, facebook and other media.
I am suffering from blood cancer and I have visited some of the top specialists nd I did not get cured from this disease. And I hope I will get some answer from you.
Before 9 month my father 1st time diagnosed with MULTIPLE MYELOMA at that time his blood plasma was 15%. 24 weeks treatment was given to him with BORTECAD 2mg (cadila pharma) Injection. Now doctor saying that its response is good and no more chemo therapy is required just to continue some other medicines. Now can he live a life as before or is there any other factors for which we need to be worried? Now his age is 61.
Is prostate enlargement possible in 23 year age? I am facing problem in toilet and urinate so many times.
Mujhe urine infection ho gaya hai. Urinary bladder aur prostate gland ki thickness44gms se badh gayi hai aurbladder me 77cc urine baki rah raha hai kya karu?
My wife feels pain in right breast during periods time and nipple pain after periods she is feared of breast cancer kindly explain this.
Im 32 year old male. On my upper thighs skin is very rough and hairs on the thighs are like burnt is this related to any kind of cancer?
My grand mother of age 73 suffered from Ovarian cancer stage - 2. As she is very old so we are totally confused if we apply for chemo, then she already have a low Immune , so she can not tolerate . But if we do not treat anything than she will quickly enter into cancer phase - 3. So please suggest in this regard shall we go for a chemo treatment or we will give her some ayurvedic pills. Onemre important thing is after we have found the ovarian phase 2 cancer we have made immediate surgery of entire ovary. Now she is feeling improved health but we are unsure how many days we can keep her safe with out Chemo. Your valuable advice will be highly appreciated.
What are the precaution for cancer? Is there something related to age or food habits? How does it actually happen what can I do for this? please ans.
Bone cancer is a cancerous tumour in the bone, destroying the normal bone tissues. Tumours on bone tissues are not always cancerous or malignant, they are mostly benign. Primary bone cancer is when the malignant tumour begins to form in the tissues of the bones, but when these cancerous cells spread to other body parts like breasts, prostate or lungs, it is called metastatic cancer. Primary bone cancer is less common than metastatic cancer.
Bone cancer can be of three different types:
Osteosarcoma: In this case, the malignant tumour arises from the osteoid bone tissue. This occurs mainly in the upper arm and knee areas.
Chondrosarcoma: In this case the cancerous cells form in the cartilaginous tissues, causing a lot of pain. This occurs mostly in the pelvic area.
The Ewing sarcoma generally arises in the bone but it can also form in the soft tissues. Other kinds of soft tissues affecting cancerous cells are known as soft tissue sarcomas.
There aren’t many clear defined causes; however, several factors have been identified by researchers.
Osteosarcoma is seen to occur more frequently in people who have been through a high external radiation therapy dose.
In people who have frequently been treated with anticancer medications, children tend to be most affected.
Heredity may be an adding cause, although the percentage of hereditary transfer of cancer cells is very low.
People with hereditary bone defects or implants have a higher chance of acquiring bone cancer.
The most common and saddening symptom of bone cancer is painful, although not all bone cancers cause pain. Unusual or persistent swelling or pain around a bone maybe a red flag for bone cancer. In case of a situation like this, immediate doctor’s opinion is required.
Usually, diagnosis of a bone cancer can be made using X-rays; for example, a bone scan, a computed tomography scan, a magnetic imaging procedure—positron emission tomography, and an angiogram. Biopsy and blood tests are also helpful in bone cancer diagnosis.
The size, location and stage of cancer, age, and health of the person decide the kind of treatment that should be given to the patient. Various treatment options include chemotherapy, radiation therapy and cryosurgery.
The combined survival rate of all sorts of bone cancers is 70%. This percentage may vary with the type of bone cancer and also its stage.
I sought the advice on the following recently. "Ultra sound of KUB reports Prevoid 350 cc, I Post void: 81 cc and II Post Void: 16 cc / Prostate: 25 cc. Enlarged in size. What does it indicates? Is it Grade I Prostatomegaly? Is it normal? Or any medicine to be taken" I thank you very much for the advice of various doctors suggesting to consult a urologist. Urologist opined it as Grade I Prostatomegaly. Urologist suggested to take medicine named Rapilif (Silodosin) 4 mg for a few months. I wish to know the effectiveness any interaction with the medicines I am taking. I am presently taking the following medicines. MetXL 12.5, Rosufit 10 mg, and Remylin D. Thank you once again.
If both parents of a male child develop cancer in their old age, what is the chance that their son may also develop cancer? Is it likely that the son will also develop cancer in his old age or can it happen any time of his life?
Hiii, this is Gaisul azam, 18 year old and I want to make documentries on cancer so I want every detail about cancer, types, description, cause, cure. Each detail.
My father age is 59 was suffering from tongue cancer stage 2 And he is taking ayurvedic medicine what food he want to take please tell best food and best Fruit please tell good solution to cure.
The lungs are amongst the hardest working organs in the body. They expand and contract upto 20 times a minute to supply oxygen which is distributed to tissues all across the body and expel carbon di oxide which is created through out the body. Cancer in the lungs is common and people who smoke are at the highest risk of contracting lung cancer. The risk of lung cancer increases with the duration of smoking period and the number of cigarettes smoked. The silver lining through is that if one quits this habit even after several years, one can significantly reduce the chances of developing lung cancer. A new cough persisting for many weeks, coughing blood even small amounts, shortness of breath, chest pain, wheezing, hoarseness, unexpected weight loss, bone pain and headache were some of the symptoms in advanced stage of the disease.