Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. MuqeetYour feedback matters!
I had a teeth problem. my 5th teeth is spoiled and I show it to doctor they had tried and said it is not getting. It is somewhat fat teeth and have to cut the bone and take it out after cutting is there any problem
I am 61 years male, and I feel blood is sometimes exuding from last left side inner tooth gum with out any pain. Kindly tell me the reason and remedy.
My left front tooth broken at age 12 now I'm 20 .I want to repair my tooth permanently .how much it cost for the treatment.
Many adults suffer from Periodontal disease, which may result in slight swelling of the gums or something more severe as grave damage to the bone and tissue, which holds on to the teeth. After the onset of Periodontal disease, dental care is essential as it will determine the progress of the condition.
What are some of the causes of Periodontal disease?
1. Smoking is one of the main causes of gum diseases. Moreover, it also reduces chances of effective treatment.
2. Hormonal changes in women make the gums increasingly sensitive; as a result they become more susceptible to the onset of gingivitis.
3. Diabetic patients are more likely to develop infection of the gums.
4. The ongoing treatment for serious medical conditions like AIDs and cancer can also cause Periodontal Disease.
5. Genetics also plays an essential role in the onset of gums diseases.
What are the symptoms of Periodontal disease?
1. Persistent foul breath
2. Red inflamed gums
3. Tender gums with some amount of bleeding
4. A sensation of pain while chewing food
5. Loose teeth
6. Teeth sensitivity
In case these symptoms are experienced, a dentist should be immediately consulted.
How is Periodontal disease treated?
1. The most effective way of treating Periodontal disease, is by controlling the progression of the condition. The type of treatment generally depends on the extent of the disease.
2. Generally the doctor begins treatment by cleaning out the plaque, through a process called scaling and root planing. Scaling gets rid of the tartar from the gums and root planing removes rough spots from the root of the tooth, where bacteria generally accumulate and breed. Sometimes, a laser is also used for the same.
3. After the cleaning is done, certain medicines are recommended and the doctor recommends strict oral care.
4. If the diseases continue to worsen, a surgical treatment may be recommended.
5. Some surgical treatments include flap surgery and bone and tissue grafts.