Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Muniswamy TYour feedback matters!
My mother was having spondylitis on her spine since 2009 and it was cured by 2012 after taking the medicines. But again in 2015 she felt the pain and we took her to the orthopaedic. But this time she did not recover. And after spending few month being suggested by the orthopaedic we took her to the neurologist. .and he ran few tests including MRI Scan .and said that there is some minor issues. And prescribed two drugs named steriocort and Oslol tr 40. Which she took for 37 days. But on 38th day she started to feel very weak. Her appetite was very less. vomited 3 times. Always felt drowsy. .urination got hampered .could not pass stool. And felt very uneasy. And eventually on 44th day situation got worse and we eventually admitted her in a hospital under a neuro surgeon. And her situation got worse as she could not walk now properly. Then the concerned doctor asked to stop the medicine immediately and asked for few more tests. But on next to next day he said there is no neurological problems and referred to a general physician. .then we got one founding that her sodium level was 114 when we took her first time to the neurologist 46 days back. And the doctor also said that haemoglobin level is very low I. E.8.6, and platelet count was very less at 66000. Then the doctor also said that she is having cough in her chest. And she started her treatment. .and we found that patient was recovering. After admission she was not talking. Always kept her eyes closed. But on 2nd day we saw that she was opening her eyes. And also started communication with others. And she started taking normal foods. But on 3rd day we found her totally different. .as if she is having some mental disorder. .her hands were moving in some wayward directions. Speech was not in order. Keeping her eyes always closed. Could not walk. Taking food was also stopped. Seeing that we consulted with the concerned doctor and she said that she is OK. .and there is no problem as such. This is not a very sounding problem. After taking to home she could get better. But today is the second day. Her situation is getting worsening. .As psychiatric patient. Please suggest what to do? As we are confused.
I am suffering from thyroid from last one month and I am suffering from pain in legs And I am not able to do any work please suggest some cures for this disease?
I have had laparoscopic appendectomy one month back. Now I'm leading a normal lifestyle. But even after one month I feel bloated and I'm experiencing kind of uneasiness after eating. Any solutions?
Hi I'm 24 year old. Being young I should not feel exhausted but I feel pain in my thighs when I walk 500 meter. Kindly give me some suggestions to get rid of this problem.
Gridhrasi is what Sciatica is known as in Ayurveda. It is the disorder that causes mild to agonizing pain in the sciatic nerve or neuralgia. These nerves, emerging from the pelvis, run along the hamstring and may cause intense pain in one or both the legs when a person suffers from Sciatica. Sciatic pains fill your life with misery as the simplest of daily activities cause sudden and excruciating pain. There are two types of sciatica i.e. true sciatica and pseudo sciatica. Sciatica may be caused due to bulging disc or herniated disc, degenerative disc disease, piriformis syndrome, pregnancy or trauma etc.
According to Ayurveda, Sciatica is caused due to impairment in Vata i.e. the dosha responsible for the functional ability and movement of the body and also in some cases due to impairment in the Kapha i.e. the dosha that is responsible for body fluids and lubrication.
Ayurvedic herbs that improve the symptoms of Sciatica are:
- Babunah is also known as Bitter Chamomile. Not only is it used to relieve and reduce the pain faced by a sciatica patient, but it is also used for treating problems such as rheumatism due to the advancement of age. Compressed bitter chamomile flowers are prescribed for sciatica.
- Guggul is also known as Indian Bdellium. Since guggulu is well known for its anti-inflammatory properties, it relaxes the sciatic nerves.
- Rasna is also known as Vanda Orchid. Intense or agonizing pain due to the sciatic nerve issues can be reduced by this ayurvedic herb due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Juniper oil is extremely helpful when massaged onto the thigh muscles with firm strokes or pressure. It is used extensively in massage therapy for treating sciatica since the extent of reduction in sciatic nerve pain is tremendous.
- Jaiphal is also known as Nutmeg. After being mixed with sesame seeds oil, nutmeg is coarsely powdered and then fried till it turns brown. This is then applied to those areas where the sciatic pain is intense for instant relief.
- Kumari is also known as Indian Aloe. Properties of Indian Aloe are extremely helpful in treating lower back ailments such as sciatica and lumbago.
- Shallaki is also known as Boswellia or Frankincense. Containing anti-inflammatory properties, shallaki is applied externally to get relief from sciatic nerve pain.
Ayurvedic preparations such as yogaraja guggulu, Vataganjakusha, Saindhavadi taila are also very useful in treating Sciatica.
Hi! , I sit in one place for more time in a day in my shop, since 2 months my back has started paining severely, and feeling difficulty in co-ordinating my legs while walking. Please guide, thank you.
I am suffering from backpain. I don't know why this is happening with me. I am 31 year old and 6 feet hight and 70 kg weight.
I am 40 years old man, weight 91 kg. I am having knee problem so I cant run or do squat exercise. I can walk. I have a big stomach. I want to be slim by doing exercise of 30 minutes. Please suggest me some exercise tips like situps etc?
Sir. I am suffering from right elbow pain. My MRI report is "minimal synovial effusion in right elbow" my pain from last 8 months. Still I have pain after getting so much medicine. I'm a technician so I have to use my right hand. Please sir advice me .what I do now.
I have pain in my feet, specially in ankle. Its increasing now and remains whole day. Please advise.
Fibromyalgia is a condition characterised by chronic widespread body pains and increased responsiveness to pressure. Women are at a higher risk of suffering from this disorder than men. Fibromyalgia can be treated with physiotherapy, pharmacotherapy and combined efforts of physician and the patient.
Some of the symptoms that characterize this disorder are:
- Pain: Fibromyalgia is characterized by pain that has no apparent reason. It can affect different parts of the body and presents itself in different ways. Some people may experience a stabbing pain while others complain of a persistent dull ache. This pain may be affected by climate changes or stressful situations. There is reduced threshold to pain, because of certain chemical ( neurotransmitters) abnormalities in brain. Pain is generalized, felt above and below the waist, right and left-side of body, arms, legs, neck and back.
- Abnormal Sensitivity: Fibromyalgia patients are extremely sensitive to environmental changes that involve sight, sound and smell. For example, cigarette smoke can make a fibromyalgia patient extremely nauseous while loud music can give the person an instant headache. Lights that are brighter than normal can also make such a person feel uncomfortable. Patients have an abnormal sensitivity to pain, which leads to generalized aching of the body and tender points.
- Muscle & Joint Stiffness: Fibromyalgia patients often experience stiff muscles and joints without any form of strenuous activity or other reason. This may be localised to one group of muscles or affect the whole body. For some patients, this pain is worse in the morning or when sitting for extended periods of time. However, moving around does not provide any significant relief.
- Chronic Fatigue and Exhaustion: There are two main reasons for a Fibromyalgia patient to complain of tiredness. Firstly, the condition itself drains a person of energy even without overexerting themselves. Secondly, the pain and joint stiffness can hamper a person’s sleep and lead to sleep deprivation. Over time, this can become a vicious cycle of tiredness and insomnia. Chronic fatigue also affects a person’s immune system causing his or her energy levels to drop.
- Cognitive Impairments: Fibromyalgia patients also complain of a compromised short term memory. They often face difficulties recalling names of people they have recently met or other newly acquired information. These people may also have trouble concentrating on tasks for extended periods of time and experience mental sluggishness also known as fibro-fog.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Bowel disturbance is another common symptom of this disease. Passing stool may become difficult due to a combination of pain and muscle stiffness. With time, this problem can worsen unless addressed with laxatives. However, an over-dependence on laxatives can lead to further problems.
Apart from pain, patient experiences unrefreshing sleep and fatigue throughout the day. Other associated features can be depression, abdominal cramps, chest pain, tingling.
Lab Tests: Fibromyalgia is a clinical diagnosis. There are no definite laboratory tests. In fact, most conducted tests will turn out to be normal.
Treatment: Foremost important is an education of patient and caregivers, regarding nature of the disease. The patient needs to indulge in recreational activities and undergo supervised physiotherapy. There are potent medicines to correct the chemical imbalance in the body thereby increasing the pain threshold and leading to better quality of life. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a rheumatologist and ask a free question.