Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. MunirajuYour feedback matters!
I have been suffering from fever before 10 days my body will burns like fire! What can I do? my treatment will progress permanently.
I have hair fall problem so I take oats with milk at night, I had to know that can I add honey instead of sugar in milk. Please suggest me. Or, How should I take oats.
Osteoporosis is slowly emerging as an epidemic in modern day India, with more and more women getting affected by it. Perhaps, it will not be an overstatement to say that by the year 2025, India will be known as the osteoporosis capital of the world. But, the good news is that treatment for osteoporosis and other bone-related diseases is developing rapidly and you can easily maintain proper bone health by making yourself aware about the issues that might affect your bones and opting for ways to prevent them.
How severely are Indian women affected by bone related problems?
With the increase in longevity in Indian women, the extent of bone-related problems is also increasing, especially among women who are close to or have been through menopause. Studies reveal that severe bone-related problems affect about 20% of Indian women between the age of 40 and 50. Some common bone disorders that have a significant impact on the health of women with increasing age are:
- Osteoporosis: This condition is associated with brittle and fragile bones, prevailing as a result of tissue loss due to hormonal changes or lack of requisite amount of vitamin D or calcium in the body
- Osteopenia: Its severity is more than that of osteoporosis and this condition involves the lessening of bone tissues mineral and protein content
- Osteomalacia: It is a condition in which your bones become soft due to vitamin D or calcium deficiency
- Arthritis: In this condition, your joints get inflamed, leading to pain and stiffness
What are the common symptoms associated with bone-related diseases?
If you observe the following signs, you might be suffering from a bone related problem:
- Experiencing pains without any known causes
- Painful joints and muscles
- Difficulty in walking properly
What are the measures can you take to prevent them?
Women under the age of 20 can prevent bone-related issues by:
- Having a balanced diet
- Ensuring that your diet contains the requisite amount of protein, calcium and vitamin D
- Participating in physical activities such as running and jogging
- Staying outdoors to get exposed to sunlight
- Maintaining proper body weight
During the perimenopausal phase (the time when a women is about to experience menopause), she is more susceptible to bone-related issues and should take extra steps to maintain proper bone health. Some of these measures include:
- Being careful about nutrient intake
- Getting yourself checked by a gynecologist at regular intervals to ensure that you have correct bone density and vitamin D and calcium levels
- Taking calcium or vitamin D supplements, if required
- Ensuring that you have an active lifestyle