Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Revision Ear Surgery
Treating Deviated Nasal Septum
Submit a review for Dr. Muktha PaiYour feedback matters!
I am 26 years old. Maximum time I am suffering from tonsil very pain at throat. How to fix it permanently.
Hello doctors, I've been to a rock concert in October, since then I m suffering from this problem of tinnitus, I've been trying to clean my ear with hydrogen peroxide as a home remedy and some ear drop but nothing is helpful, please suggest me something as a permanent cure, my concentration is being diverted and is disturbed, it's a big problem for me now. I feel no other pain n nothing but just tinnitus.
My ears and nose get blocked regularly? When I am tired or exhausted my ears remain blocked? Why is this happening?
Dear Sir, I am getting Snoring daily at Night while sleeping . Kindly let me know any remedy to get Cured or to Prevent
I am getting white mucus from thorat through nose from 3 weeks and suffering from shortness of breath please suggest me some medicine are remedies.
I am 46 years old suffers from severe seasonal sinus (OcT- Jan.) taking medication from 15 yrs.(Nose running, eyes burning, sneezing, tasteless tongue n mild fever) can this be permanently cured. Suggest medication.
I had a sinus operation 15 days back. They did not put any plate after the operation. What precautions should I take so that it should not happen again?
I am suffering from nose bleeding I take lot of medicine but they are not able to relief me. Please suggest me some medicine.
I have the problem of some fluid leaking from my left ear for more than 15 yrs. Ent specialist di agonized that there is hole on drum of the ear and surgery is required. Please advise.
My throat is choked, paining and I can't speak properly. No coughing. Should I take antibiotic like augumentin or just gargle and wait for things to settle?
Hi am suffering from frequent eye blinking and un-easiness in nose and throat from last few days. Please suggest.
I'm 26 yrs male, I have snoring problem what should I do? I tried sleeping sideways but nothing works.
An eardrum rupture or perforation is a little gap or tear in your eardrum and the tympanic membrane. The tympanic membrane is a thin tissue that partitions the canal of the middle ear and outer ear. This layer vibrates when sound waves enter your ear. The vibration proceeds through the bones of the center ear. Since this vibration allows you to listen, your hearing can be affected if your eardrum is harmed. A ruptured eardrum is additionally called a perforated eardrum. Permanent hearing loss could be an end result in some cases.
A ruptured eardrum, similar to thunder; can happen all of a sudden. You may feel a sharp pain in your ear, or an ear infection that you've had for some time all of a sudden leaves. In some cases, the person may not feel any signs of the rupture.
Some of the causes for such a perforation are:
- Infection: Ear infections are a major reason for eardrum rupture, particularly in children. Liquids tend to deposit behind the eardrum in such cases.
- Exercises: Exercising can bring about pressure changes in the ear and lead to a punctured eardrum. This is known as barotrauma, and takes place when the pressure outside the ear is not the same as the pressure inside the ear. Activities that can bring about barotrauma include scuba diving or flying on plane.
- Other activities: Wounds can likewise burst your eardrum. Any injury to the ear or side of the head can bring about a crack.
Diagnosis: Your specialist can use a few approaches to find out whether you have a ruptured eardrum:
- A liquid test in which your specialist tests liquids that might spill from your ear from infection.
- An otoscope exam in which a specific gadget with a light is used to investigate your ear channel
- An audiology exam, in which your specialist tests your listening to range and eardrum limit
- Tympanometry, in which your specialist uses a tympanometer to test the pressure changes in your ear.
Treatment: The treatments are as follows:
- Patching: In the event that your ear does not recuperate by itself, your specialist may fix the eardrum. Fixing includes setting a sedated paper patch over the tear in the film.
- Antibiotics: Anti-toxins can clear up contaminations that may have prompted your eardrum break. They additionally shield you from growing new diseases from the aperture. Your specialist may endorse oral antibiotics or eardrops.
- Surgery: In uncommon cases, surgery might be required to fix the gap in the eardrum. A surgical repair of a punctured eardrum is called tympanoplasty.
A cracked eardrum generally recuperates without any invasive measures. Many patients with cracked eardrums encounter just transitory listening problems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ent-specialist.