Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Mukta ShrivastavaYour feedback matters!
I Have Red Eyes for last two days and what can I do now. My age is 22. Give me a reason and why my eys becoming red while travelling.
M 21 years old girl. M doing job since last 3 months. My eyes site is weak nw. My number is 0.5 & 0.75. How to get clear eyes site.
My name is shriram im suffering to eye disease when I Look anything continue I found that my eyes releasing Water so I want to know why this all is happening with Me?
I am 18 year old male. I had a very sedentary lifestyle for 2 years till now due to my education and I am overweight. Maybe this will help you explain the following symptoms. I have a pain sensation in my leg extending to the feet. Sometimes it is mostly a little pain sensation or weakness near the knee. Sometimes I have a burning pain in my fingers (not sure if it is finger joints) which grows and suddenly drops and is gone. I have been having a twitching left eye for nearly a week. And also I have problem of acidity mostly after junk and spicy food or if I have an empty stomach. Please tell what possibly could be the problem or is it just because of lifestyle?
My dad is suffering from eye sight with -6.2 and -4.5 doctor said cataract operation so please suggested me wat to do.
My eye is pain for 1 week because of, I see TV for every time that can I have this problem so what can I do at this time please give the solution for me.
I have a something on top of right side eye. I do not know what's this thing. I have taken many medicine but it can't working. Plzz give me a good solution.
I used melalite under my eyes my eyes goes inside. And I got eye wrinkles please tell me what should I do now.
For some days I have mild pain in my head right side, back, cause my daily life style very much weak & in low pressure, my eye sight power also change & I consult optimist fr new powers. Recently, my father, passed away, is this is stress, troma, or else, did I rqd numerology treatment fr this?
I am having irritation in my eyes like etching from the past five days. But my eyes are not red. It don't occur often. Is it a serious problem or normal. Please help me.
I am thirty three years old but sometimes I look squint. Though I got it operated in my childhood but still at times it is visible to others especially in photos. Tell me the best cure of it. I had already undergone surgery when I was fourteen.
Cataract can be defined as the clouding of the natural lenses in the eyes. This is caused by the clumping of protein in the eye lens. Cataract is a common eye disorder and the leading cause of loss of vision in people who are past their fortieth birthday. Cataract can occur in one or both eyes. When diagnosed properly, cataract can be treated with surgery to prevent blindness.
Depending on where and how they develop, there are many types of cataract. The most common amongst these are:
- Subcapsular cataract: These occur at the back of the eye lens. Diabetic patients are very susceptible to this kind of cataract.
- Nuclear cataract: Yellowish-brown cataract that form in the center of the lens are called nuclear cataract. This is usually seen in cataract caused by ageing.
- Cortical cataract: Cataract in the lens cortex are known as cortical cataract. These are wedge shaped and whitish in color. Spokes protruding out of these opaque wedges can be seen moving towards the center of the eye.
- Congenital cataract: Though they are not common, babies can also have cataract. Cataract formed at birth or within the first year of a baby's birth are known as congenital cataract.
- Secondary cataract: Cataract is one of the known side effects of diabetes and glaucoma. Some steroids and medicines are also linked to cataract.
- Traumatic cataract: If your vision becomes cloudy years after an eye injury, it could be a traumatic cataract. It can take several years for this to happen.
- Radiation cataract: Exposure to radiation can also lead to cataract. This is seen sometimes in patients who have undergone radiation therapy to fight diseases like cancer.
Though the type of cataract might differ from person to person, the symptoms are usually the same. Some of the common symptoms of cataract are:
- Blurred vision
- Reduced night vision
- Increased sensitivity to light and glare
- Seeing halos around lights
- Colors appearing faded
- Double vision
- Frequent change in (glass power) refraction
A reading test is the first step towards diagnosing cataracts. This is followed by tests to measure the eye pressure. Your doctor will also need to dilate the pupil to check the condition of the optic nerves and retina.
Surgery is the safest way to remove a cataract. Surgery is usually recommended when cataract begin inhibiting your daily life such as preventing you from driving, interfering with reading etc.
In most cases, this can be done as an outpatient procedure. The earlier it is diagnosed, the easier it is to treat. Hence, if you notice any of the symptoms mentioned above, get your eyes checked at once. The surgery is a day-care surgery only, so a person can go home the same day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.