Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Mukta ShrivastavaYour feedback matters!
My daughter is having eye problem. Left hand eye looks smaller as compare to right hand eye. The left hand eye is not opening completely so looks smaller in our view. When we consult doctor as per them need to operate at the age of 8 to 9 years. But presently what we facing that whenever she can get fever or cold that particular eye will get swell. We do not know what to do, please suggest and provide your feedback in this problem. Awaiting for your response.
Some how help my to solve my problem who to able see you with spectacular like operation and its fee.
Drs, I have an eyes problem. I am wearing specs since last 7 years. My eyes are totally blur. I can not see nothing without specs. Now I am 17 years old. What should I do. Pls help me doctors.
Hi, I am 24 yrs female. I got air wick sprayed directly into my right eye, following which I flushed off with water. I feel some kind of feeling, not definitely irritation. Please let me know what can be done. My eyes didn' t turn red too.
From 2days onwards my health is like dehydration and some headache are there and my right eye is beating lightly and my eyes is become lightly heat because 2days back I went a journey of3.30hrs what is the solution.
Whenever I do push ups my eyes become red and I feel some pain on my face. Can you suggest what can I do?
Hi I am told that I have carnia in my eyes. I have been advised to go for scan before performance of cataract surgery. Whether by taking macugold tab for 3 months that can be cured and in that case scan may not be needed. Doctors say contract surgery is not needed urgently and can be postponed for 6 months, during this six months period whether the above medicine advised for 3 months will have desired effect on carnia
The quality and sharpness of vision are generally measured with a Snellen chart. The Snellen chart shows letters of logically smaller size. Perfect vision is 20/20. This implies the patient or subject sees the same line of letters at twenty feet that a typical individual sees at twenty feet.
Here are a few doctor recommended tips that can be followed in order to achieve a perfect vision. These are as follows:
1. Eat right for good vision
Taking good care of your eyes begins with the food that you eat. Foods, for example, fatty acids, lutein, zinc and vitamins C and E may avert age related vision and eyesight problems, for example, macular degeneration and cataract as shown by certain studies. Eating these foods daily can lead to healthy eyesight. Following are some of the nutrients that can help us do so:
- Green vegetables, for example, spinach, kale, and collards
- Salmon and fish
- Eggs, nuts, beans, and other non-meat protein sources
- Oranges and different citrus natural products or juices
- Shellfish and pork
2. Quit smoking
Smoking makes you more inclined to get cataract, optic nerve damage and macular degeneration. The more times you attempt to stop smoking, the more probable you are to succeed.
3. Wear shades
The right sort of shades will shield your eyes from the sun's bright (UV) beams. An excess of UV exposure makes you more inclined to get cataracts and macular degeneration. Pick shades that piece ninety nine to hundred percent of both UVA and UVB beams. Wraparound lenses shield your eyes from the side. Spellbound lenses diminish the glare when driving. Some of the contact lenses come with UV protection as well. It is still a smart thought to wear shades for more protection, however.
4. Turn away From the Computer Screen
Gazing at a computer screen for a really long time can bring about eye strain, foggy vision, trouble focusing at a distance, dry eyes. The muscles around the eyes can start getting weak and painful if given too much strain. Turn down the screen brightness. You need to at present have the capacity to see, however, you should not feel like you are gazing at a very bright light. In case you are reading from the computer, use the zoom capacity to make the content bigger.
5. Pencil exercise
Take a pencil, and place it some place in the centre. Draw a letter, number or dot in on any side of the pencil. For this activity, you will concentrate on the pencil and the spot as you move it toward and far from your eyes. Pencil push-ups are rumoured to correct twofold vision and crossed eyes, yet it cannot hurt to attempt them for different issues since it is free, easy, and just includes focusing and refocusing your eyes.
I have red eye in three days and my sugar levels are very high and also I have body pain and era problem chest problem my pulse going down every time.
I want to have laser surgery done, but heard it's has risk of losing eye sight, hence I am now in doubt to go ahead with laser surgery, also please let me know how much cost is involved to get surgery done from good eye specialist.
I am suffering from this though. My problem is related to human vision system. My problem is" how we don't get distract from another things just like background when we read text in books or anywhere else. When we read text or watch any thing we don't know about background color, shape or anything happening around us.
My eye itches a lot and this has recently started. Is there any cure to this? Can you please prescribe any liquid dropper or medicine which can stop this excess of itching in the eye and watering also.
A simple, uncomplicated cataract surgery should not take more than 10 minutes to perform. The best part about a cataract surgery is that most people see almost immediate results and improved vision. However, full recovery can take awhile. Each person heals at a different speed but ideally, your eyes should heal completely in a month.
Here are a few tips to help speed up this process and avoid infections and eye injuries:
- Take it easy: Just because the surgery takes a short time is no reason to underestimate its importance. Do not drive on the first day and as far as possible avoid driving for the next few days as well. Do not put any extra pressure on your eyes by bending, lifting weights etc. This will ensure that your stitches do not tear open. Try to avoid excessive sneezing and coughing as this can jerk the lens out of place.
- Protect your eyes: Wearing sunglasses is a good idea after a cataract surgery. This will protect your delicate eyes against dust, wind etc. Avoid using community swimming pools and hot tubs immediately after such a surgery to lower the risk of infections. Avoid rubbing your eyes aggressively. For the first week, keep your face out of the shower so as to avoid feeling the need to press or rub your eyes as well as to protect them from bacteria in the water.
- Lubricate: Your eyes may feel dry and scratchy after a cataract surgery. This is normal and not something to worry about. Your doctor will prescribe eye drops to be taken after the surgery. Use these regularly. Once this is over you may need additional artificial tears or lubricating eye drops. However, do not take these drops without first consulting your doctor. If your eyes are sensitive to the preservatives in bottled eye drops, look for single use ampoules. Ensure that you always wash your hands well before administering the eye drops.
- Keep the eye clean: Though washing your face is avoidable, you must still keep the eye clean. Use cotton and a sterile saline wash for the first few days. You can later replace the saline with cool boiled water.
If you feel any deterioration in your vision, pain or excessive discharge in the operated eye, you must immediately consult your doctor. Seeing sudden flashes of light or floaters in your vision should also not be ignored.