Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mukta Nadig
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mukta NadigYour feedback matters!
I am 25male we are trying for a baby my wife getting periods on 20th of the months did sex daily from 6th to 12th so how much chance for pregnancy. What care we have to take when doing sex.
I have difficult in conceiving. Also my husband is not getting proper erection. He is not ready to go to doctor. Please help me.
Hello doctor actually the intercourse happened on 25th of march which was protected still took. Unwanted 72. Nd my period date of april was 11th but menses came earlier on 8th nd continued till 10th. after tbat I have done 3 pregnancy test on 14,15 nd 28th april all were negative. So my pd date of May was 8 but today is 15th nd I didn't got my periods yet. I have done pregnancy test today at home it came negative. Why my periods are delayed? Is there risk of pregnancy? I am really worried.
Dietary tips to overcome PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome)
Hi, I am Divya Gandhi. I am owner of Diet N Cure, I’m a dietician. Today we will talk about PCOD which is a very common condition which females are suffering these days.
Now, what exactly is PCOD?
PCOD is a hormonal imbalance which can cause a number of things like insulin resistance, it can cause hirsutism plus it can cause changes in your menstruation cycle. Females who are married they can face some problem in conception as well. Now the point is what kind of diet one needs to take when a person is suffering from this kind of condition. Generally, people say that the diet should be less in carbohydrate. Do not carbohydrate; just take good amount of protein and less of fat which is wrong. Carbohydrate can be taken in PCOD but at the same time it should not be a simple carbohydrate. It should be complex carbohydrate like if you want to eat pasta, you can have whole wheat pasta, you can take wheat bran. Instead of cornflakes you can have bran flakes. Instead of white bread or refined bread you can have brown bread or multigrain bread. Plus instead of taking the wheat flour you can add a little bit of whole wheat bran to it to make it little fibrous.
Now, we talk about the fat part.
Person who is suffering from PCOD is at risk of having diabetes. So we need to cut down on the fat intake. For example instead of cooking everything in desi ghee or butter you need o switch to canola or olive oil. Plus any kind of table salt should be restricted. Because salt intake can also increase your weight. Now, we come to protein, when we are on a diet we need to put emphasis on protein. We need to give at least 1.5 gram of your body weight, ideal body weight of protein. For example, if a person is 70 kg, the person needs at least 70 gram of protein in a day; to lose weight and to give a better inch loss. Apart from it if we talk about the kitchen herbs in PCOD, there are two herbs that can act like a wonder thing.
One is leaves of the Ashok plant. What you need to do, you need to take two-three leaves and boil it in a pot, reduce the water to half, strain it, add little bit of lemon to it and consume. If you take this water approximately a month or two, I can assure you that the condition of PCOD will be better and it may get controlled. Second you can take coriander water, what you need to do, you just need to soak handful of coriander leaves overnight in a glass of water. The next morning, strain it, add a little bit of lemon so that it will detoxify you as well as drink it the next morning. So, if you want to get rid of this PCOD, these kinds of tips, you need to follow it even if a girl is not started with the menarche. So that in future you will not face any kind of problem.
If you want to talk to me or if you want to take consultation from me then you can always contact me through Lybrate.
Me and my wife planning for IVF. Because in my case I have absence of vas defrens. All the tests of my wife are perfectly alrite (hysteroscopy, uterus examination). I want to know after embryo transfer how many progesterone injections are needed after embryo transplant? Because my wife is perfectly alrite.
What is premenstrual syndrome (PMS)? In layman's language, it is that time of the month you don't really want to unnecessarily bother a woman or you might have to face the brunt of an emotional outburst. In medical terms, it is a combination of emotional, physical, psychological changes that occur in a woman after ovulation and culminates with the ending of her menstrual flow. The most common mood-related symptoms are irritability, depression, crying, oversensitivity, and mood swings. The most common physical symptoms are fatigue, bloating, breast tenderness, acne, and appetite changes with food cravings. In severe cases, anger, irritability, anxiety and tension leads to loss of the functioning ability of a woman. If you've been there or are suffering, you are not alone. There are scores of women around the world who experience these symptoms. Here are ways to minimize and get rid of PMS:
- Control PMS with diet changes: Certain food types in general are not a healthy choice but can cause more harm than good during PMS. Depending on what factor affects you the most, cut down on these types of food. As always, eating more fruits veggies and grains at the right time can keep you healthy and prepared for those dreaded days.
- Exercise: Exercise is a mood lifter. It gets you into shape, adds to your stamina and slowly but steadily boosts your confidence to become slimmer, stronger, and fitter. The trick is to pick up on an exercise you love. Hit the road and run free with your thoughts or turn on the music and dance with aerobics.
- Stock up on the vitamins: Hormonal imbalances are the primary cause behind PMS. Though it is not proven, stocking up on some essential vitamins like calcium, potassium and minerals can give you more strength to fight the symptoms.
- Herbal remedies: They've been around for hundreds of years and you are likely to have an aunt or grandma swear by one of these cures. From ginger to primrose oil, these cures can balance your hormonal activity in a natural way. You will need to experiment to see what really suits your need.
- Take a break: No matter what physical or emotional manifestation you suffer, it can double up because of stress and lack of sleep. Knowing your 'off' days, its best you find a way to take some time off for yourself at a spa or try meditation and deep breathing. Do what you love to do to keep your mind calm and clear. Listen to music, take a walk with your dog or simply read a good book.
To start with, change your diet, take a few supplements and herbs, and start exercising, and you should see the change in the first few cycles itself.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!