Find numerous Speech Therapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Speech Therapists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Speech Therapists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Hearing Disorders
Treatment of Speech Impairment
Therapy Oral Language
Language Therapy Treatment
Language Stimulation Treatment
Treatment of Learning Dysfunction Disorders
Language Presa Treatment
Oral Motricity Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Ms. Suma ChatniYour feedback matters!
My daughter is 6 years old she is having a thikkuvaai. Some words are not clearly to say I am very feel pls doctor give a treatment pls once again I will ask you am waiting for your answer.
I am 45 years old female, Rama, I have a stammering problem and cannot speak on stage. Please help me with this. I have this problem since my childhood. Many words come to my mind but cannot talk in public.
Jab bolta hu to meri aawaj bahut karak and fati fati aati h. M aaisa kya kru ki mera gala thik hojae and awaj thik hojaye.
I am 20 years older I have an a speech problem (hesitation) so please give me a best advise how can I clear my problem.
I am a Marketing professional. Most of the time I am very calm and normal. When I see some wrong things I becoming violent and once I become angry I loose my control and speak whatever it comes and do whatever it may be and this status will be last not more than 10 minutes. Kindly suggest some treatments and some medicines for it.
I've stammering problem. That is my real hesitation to talk. I'm very nervous person. That is my major enemy. I don't have sufficient confidence to talk or speak. But when I talk in my home or when I don't get nervous, I talk smoothly and fluently. I'm a architectural student. Speaking and presentation is very important for us. So, how can I leave from this problem. And how can I overcome my stammering problem. Pls give me some way. Pls help me. I want to give smooth presentation and lecture for my academic purpose without fear and stammering.
My son is not talkative only few words he says we went to doctor (pediatric) he just gave Mentat syrup by Himalaya. We heard so many cases around us similar to Vedant there doctor gave that some tonic and they start talking now suggest me is Mentat is okay. His class teacher told me that now he is trying to sing rhymes vd his friends.
I am 20 years old. I am very week. I look like 15. What should I do? I use to stammer also. Please help me.
I have been learning vocal music since 1 year. When I get up in the morning, my voice is very heavy and low. When I rehearse music in the morning, it feels uncomfortable can't go high note also. Please suggest.
Voice results from the air that comes out of the lungs and passes through the vocal cords. The latter is also known as the voice box. Speech results from the vibration of the chords. Voice disorder might occur for various reasons such as tone, pitch, and volume of the if the voice. The roots of all problems boil down to the malfunctioning of the cords.
Voice disorder examples:
- Laryngitis: Laryngitis results from the swelling of the vocal cords. It can lead to a temporary halt of voice or a voice with hoarseness. It often occurs due to a viral attack in the respiratory tract. It can last from a few days to a few weeks. The treatment suggested for cases like these include resting the voice and intake of a lot of fluids. Some common causes that are responsible for laryngitis are GERD, chronic cough, and asthma.
- Vocal cord paralysis: Paralysis of the vocal cord can be temporary or permanent. The possible cause of this scenario can be from viral infection, cancer, surgical injury to the nerve etc. In the case of a paralysis of the vocal cord, a person might find difficulty in breathing, can result in weak voice etc. While this condition improves for many people with voice therapy and surgery, for some they permanently lose their ability to speak.
- Spasmodic dysphonia: The vocal cord spasm due to a problem with the nerve. This condition can lead to a quivery, hoarse, groaning or jerky voice. In this condition, a person might find it easy to speak at times and have difficulty in speaking later. Botulinum toxin and speech therapy help to improve this condition.
Possible causes of voice disorders:
- Growth: Extra tissue formation on the vocal cords might stop the vocal cords to work properly leading to voice disorders. The growth can be treated with injection, medicine or surgery.
- Swelling and inflammation: Exposure to chemicals, vocal and alcohol abuse, surgery-related complications can lead to inflammation or swelling of the vocal cords resulting in voice-related problems.
- Hormone: Disorder of the male, female and thyroid hormone can lead to voice related disorders affecting speech.
Symptoms of voice disorders:
- The harshness of the voice
- Voice is breathy, weak and whispery
- The voice sounds like choppy or strained
- A quivering sound while speaking
- The voice sounds harsh or rough while speaking
Diagnosis of Voice related disorders:
Voice related disorders can be detected through a process known as Laryngoscopy. This helps a doctor to view the throat region and find out the possible culprit that may be causing the problem. Some other popular methods are stroboscopy, EMG and imaging tests such as MRI and X-Ray of the throat. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a speech-therapist.