Find numerous Speech Therapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Speech Therapists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Speech Therapists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Hearing Disorders
Treatment of Speech Impairment
Therapy Oral Language
Language Therapy Treatment
Language Stimulation Treatment
Treatment of Learning Dysfunction Disorders
Language Presa Treatment
Oral Motricity Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Ms. Suma ChatniYour feedback matters!
There is some black dots in my tongue and I think this is the reason that I am not able to speak fluently, can you suggest me what should I do?
I am aged 39Y. I'm unable to speak since 12/01/2016. I have contacted ENT specialist and undergone STOBORNOSCOPY on 19/01/2016 as suggested by the doctor. The doctor has written stobornoscopy report that PHONOTARY gap is positive. Please suggest, can I able to speak or Not?
Goodmorning Doctor, I am 41 years old, suffering from tongue swelling suddenly and that time it was too heavy and speech also very hard, and after 10 to 15 minutes later it was slowly cool down and come to normal after one hour. From last three weeks some black spots and some itching on the surface of tongue.Why this is happening? please advice. Thanks and regards,
My 11 year old child suffering from stammering, since last 7 years. He can talk clearly with his friends but he is not wconfident when he meets a stranger. He hesitates in doing more conversation any one. What can we do?
My mother has right side paralysis. She lost he voice since May'16. Please suggest how her voice can be recovered.
Dear Sir/madam, iam suffering from stammering problem, in normal time it is light but when speak in public like giving speeches it will be more, pls give me suggestions, that how to overcome this problem.
My father is 85 years old and he is facing problem in his vocal code his voice volume is also decreasing day by day. In morning the voice is even better but as the day passes his struggle increases. We consulted a Dr. too he mentioned the decease as " Left v.c. Palsy" he gave following medicines for 7 dayz. 1 Tab defect 12 mg (Twice a. Day) 2 Tab Neurobion force 3 Tab dompan Please sir tell me in detail what decision should we take according to his age.
My grandson is three and half years. He is absolutely normal health wise. He goes to play school and seems to enjoy. He utters words like Amma appa ayyappa. But is not coming out with sentences. Vocabulary is limited. Very cheerful active playful. Some say he has mild Autism. For three months he went through some sort of speech therapy. Slight improvement was found. Eye contact is there. Some times he does tow walking. Beta tests are negative. What could we do? Any advice?
I have a stammering problem since last 2 years. I'm not able to attend any interviews for this problem . Can you please help me out.
The Voice of my father is coming very low, he doesn't have cold or cough. He was so speaking fine a few weeks ago. It's just in last one week that his voice was muffled and today it's almost suppressed.
My son is 2 yrs 8 months suffering with stammering. There is no stammering problem when start speaking but suddenly he is suffering with that problem and started stop pronouncing the words say Apple and so. Kindly please advise me.
My name is tharun from india 19 years old I am suffering from stammering problem how to get out from that.
Stammering or stuttering is a type of speech impairment where sounds or syllables are repeated involuntarily or there are unintended gaps in between words when the person is unable to make the desired sound.
People develop stutters due to genetic flaws, motor functioning defects, coordination problems or due to psychological stressors. The condition can result in anxiety, depression and withdrawal from verbal communication.
How does homeopathy help?
A stutter can be practiced away or corrected by speech therapy but there is no specific medicine that can be used to cure stammering. Homeopathic medicines can provide relief from the symptoms by fixing flawed nervous functions, improve motor coordination and modify the vocal apparatus. Different homeopathic treatments can be used depending on the nature of the condition.
The following is a list of homeopathic remedies and lifestyle changes that can be used to address the problem:
- Foods rich in vitamin B6 like nuts, fish, bananas and chicken should be consumed regularly by children who have a stutter to help with motor functions.
- Adults should avoid caffeine, tobacco and other recreational drugs as they cause hyper-stimulation of the nervous system.
- Stramonium (jimsonweed) can be used when the stammering is violent and the person distorts the facial muscles heavily in order to be able to speak.
- Lychopodium (clubmoss) can be useful for stammering as well as depression, memory weakness and sleep problems. This is especially helpful if the patient struggles with the last few words of a sentence.
- Spigelia is beneficial for a mild stutter at the beginning of a sentence, often followed by undisturbed speech.
- Causticum is prescribed when emotional excitability causes stammering, twitching of the facial muscles or problems in the vocal chords.
- Staphysagria can aid in reducing social anxiety which often causes stammering i.e. the stammer only happens while interacting with strangers or authority figures.
- Nux vomica (strychnine) is the medicine to use when stammering is a result of extreme stress or over work.
- Fright or shock often causes speechlessness or stammering. Aconite can provide immediate relief in such cases.
- Lachesis is an effective homeopathic medicine when the patient stutters over specific letters or syllables.
- Gelsemium is used to treat stuttering after severe viral infections when the patient complains of a heavy tongue and lack of general coordination. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.