Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Audiologists in India. You will find Audiologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Audiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Ms. SouparnyaYour feedback matters!
Her ears frequently keep creating a problem. She has constant ear blockage and that is why she is not able to hear properly. Someone suggested that her ear drums might be causing some trouble. But we are not sure about it. Please kindly recommend something.
Your hearing is one of the most important function your body carries out and sometimes you realize that you are losing your sense of hearing, when it is too late to get it back. There are two main reasons for this. One of the reason is age and the other is when the inner ear's hair cells break down and do not pick up sound well.
Here are 7 ways to safeguard your hearing:
- Try to avoid loud places: It is not advisable to go to places where you have to shout to be heard, such as in a street, a concert or a construction site.
- Buy low noise rating equipment: The equipments in your house will make sound that you hear the most. Try to avoid these equipments by buying appliances with a low noise rating.
- Wear hearing protection at loud places: However, it is true that it is not always possible to avoid loud noises. This is when you need to get hearing protection. Earplugs and earmuffs are two of the best ways to make sure that even when you are in a loud place, your hearing does not get affected. Earplugs and earmuffs generally reduce sound by 15 to 30 decibels, which may be crucial to make sure that later in your life, you do not lose your hearing.
- Avoid smoke: Smoking raises your chance of hearing loss. Second hand smoke does the same thing. Therefore, try to avoid, both smoking and secondhand smoking.
- Remove earwax properly: Earwax cannot be removed properly using a cotton swab. Instead, you should use an irrigation kit. Remember this as otherwise; the earwax could muffle your hearing.
- Avoid medications which reduce hearing: Certain medications increase hearing loss. Therefore, double check with your doctor to make sure your medicines will not make you lose your hearing.
- Get your hearing tested: Finally, get your hearing tested as identifying the problem early on can help stop worsen the situation.
I am 20 years old and have hear problem. We face a problem to less hear in my head. Although its not a hair fall but less hair is my problem.
Sir, I am having dull hearing. In case, If I close my nose and snuff, ears get cleared, but sounds will be as some movement in the ear I feel with ears get cleared and again normal position. Whether I should snuff the nose for ear clearance or any problem in doing so. Please give me details.
I am suffering from hearing loss since last 12 years and loss is increasing every year. Doctors are saying that it's a neural hearing loss and have recommended to talat neuro medicines, please confirm whether ayurveda has treatment? If yes, please suggest.
I am having trouble in hearing. I am only 45 can I have hearing problem in this age. I am not that old. Can this be because I have to communicate on headphones due to my work.
Hi, age 27, suffring with sensoryneural hearing loss from last one year. Following homeopathy treatment feom last one month but showing no effect. So, please tell me what should I do?
A cochlear implant is beneficial if you are deaf or have difficulties in hearing. Cochlear implants are not hearing aids which just raise the volume of the different sounds you hear; they are surgically implanted inside your head. The implant transmits impulses straight to the auditory nerves which send the signals to the brain.
Cochlear implants can help you with sounds such as telephones, alarms or doorbells ringing. You can even understand speech or listen to music again with the help of cochlear implants.
How Cochlear Implants Work?
Cochlear implants are for adults and children with sensorineural (hearing loss caused by damage to the inner ear) hearing loss.
The device consists of two parts:
The receiver-stimulator: this part is surgically implanted under the skin.
The speech processor: this part is placed externally, behind the ear.
The receiver-stimulator is placed first, and two weeks after the procedure, the speech-processor is installed. If there are sounds around you, the microphone on the speech processor will pick them up and transform them into electrical impulses. The receiver-stimulator receives these impulses through the electrodes inside them. The electrodes then send the electrical impulses to stimulate the auditory nerves, and ultimately, the sounds picked up will reach the brain.
Advantages Of Cochlear Implants-
Some advantages of cochlear implants include:
Being able to hear at normal volumes.
Understanding speech without the need to lip-read.
Listening to and talking over the phone get easier.
Being able to hear music better after the surgery.
Picking up loud, medium and soft sounds.
Modulating your own voice gets better, so others understand you easily.
Disadvantages/Risks Associated With Cochlear Implants-
The risks of cochlear implants are common surgical after-effects such as infection, bleeding and anaesthetic side-effects. Some other complications include:
Alteration in sense of taste due to nerve injury.
Paralysis or weakness on the face due to nerve damage.
Tinnitus (Ringing in the ear).
Fluid leakage around the brain.
Device can be faulty or get infected.
Meningitis (An infection in the brain).
People Who Can Get Cochlear Implant-
You are eligible to get a cochlear implant if you have:
Profound to severe hearing loss.
Problems with the hearing aid.
A strong wish to improve your hearing.
Even children with severe hearing loss in both the ears can get a cochlear implant. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized ear-nose-throat-ent-specialist and ask a free question.
Sir, 8 days before I dipped into swimming pool from that my ears are blocked, stil it is not released. I can hear only 50 percent of my capacity. Sometimes I'm getting headache at that part. Could uo please suggest some ears drops or some ENT specialist. I stay at e city, bangalore.
He is having ear deaf. He cannot hear any thing by longer. And also he cannot see. He has long sight. He had been used power glasses but no use of that so please consult me. Wait for your results. Please replay me soon for my son.
I am 20 years old boy and I have hearing impairment unable to hear properly due to mucus congestion in my ear its been 8 month has gone earlier in childhood I used to have severe pneumonia pls suggest some better answer.
Hi, my mother (age 45) has recently developed hearing problem. Due to too much talking on phone with earphones, she doesn't hears anything at once (mostly, not always). What can we do?
Doctor few years back she was operated for brain malaria due to which her hearing power is damaged he have to speak louder to talk to her and mostly every few months ahe gets bleeding from her ear from were she was operated and huge head paid such that she cannot speak to any 1.
After menopause I have hearing loss in my right ear. Not able to hear from my right ear. Why it happened and what is the solution?
Hearing is one of the five senses that you or anyone else relies on for communication and a whole host of other things. Among the five senses, touch, smell, taste, hearing and sight, it is often hearing, which is the most easily affected. You don't have to be a senior citizen to experience hearing loss as it is quite common among younger people as well. This problem is also getting widespread with each passing day.
Before coping with hearing loss, the first job is to detect it
If you have a hunch that you or any of your loved ones is suffering from hearing loss, it is important that you get it diagnosed. Some of the common symptoms of hearing loss will be:
- Hearing difficulties while talking to someone over the phone
- Straining to hear conversations with family members or friends in household situations
- People usually need to repeat what they talk to you with a louder voice
- You often hear complaints that you keep the TV too loud.
- In crowded situations, such as family gatherings or a restaurant, you have problems listening to people.
Although this condition tends to affect senior citizens, an increasing trend shows younger people i.e. people mostly in their 40 and 50s and even younger than that suffer from this condition.
How to deal with hearing loss?
Some of the options to deal with hearing loss are mentioned below.
- Once diagnosed with hearing problems, change your ways of communication: If you or your loved ones have been diagnosed with hearing problems, it is important that both adjust your ways to deal with the problem. Rather than getting angry at the other for not being able to communicate effectively, develop and strategize ways to make communication less problematic and erratic.
- Cochlear implants: This is a newer technology, which has gained popularity in the past decade or so. These are directly implanted into the inner ear and are designed to bypass the damaged areas of the ear and directly stimulate the auditory nerve. These have become very popular, although, are not a replacement of natural hearing. It is only prescribed for people who have severe hearing loss or are deaf.
- Hearing aids: Although selecting a hearing aid is difficult as the patient needs to be comfortable, once selected it is one of the best solutions for the hearing impaired. The functionality of these devices can be extended with the hearing assistive technology or HAT devices that can focus the audio waves depending on the situations and give a more tailored approach for every individual's needs.