Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ms. SinumolYour feedback matters!
Acne is a teenager's biggest worry. However, it can occur at any age. Acne or acne vulgaris occurs when oil, dead skin or bacteria block the pores on your skin. Though it is not dangerous, acne can be embarrassing and can leave scars on your skin. Severe acne can also be quite painful. Pimples in the form of blackheads and whiteheads are the main symptoms of acne. These can usually be seen on the face, back, chest, shoulders and neck of acne patients. Apart from these, painful lumps under the surface of the skin and red raised bumps can also be found on the skin of acne patients.
Acne can be triggered by a number of factors. Here are some of the common triggers for acne:
- Stress: The severity of acne can be correlated to the levels of stress a person is facing. While scientists are yet to figure the exact relationship between stress and acne; it is known that the cells that produce sebum or oil also act as stress receptors. Studies suggest that when a person is under stress, these cells produce excessive sebum that clogs pores on the skin leading to pimples.
- Hormones: Hormones play an important role in skin health especially when it comes to women. Androgens or the male hormones present in both men and women, trigger acne by over stimulating the oil glands. Women may also see an increase in pimples during menstruation. This is due to the fluctuating levels of progesterone that stimulate the production of sebum.
- Genetics: If one or both parents have acne, their children have high chances of suffering from it as well. Genes influence the sensitivity of your skin towards hormones such as androgens and progesterone that trigger acne. They also influence the production of anti inflammatory chemicals in the skin and skin's response to bacteria.
- Medication: Acne is one of the side effects to a few types of medication such as corticosteroids and anticonvulsants. However, this is not seen very often. On the other hand, drugs that contain hormones such as androgenic steroids almost always cause an acne breakout.
Treatment for acne depends on the severity of the condition and its persistence. Mild cases can be easily treated with over the counter medication, but if your acne is severe and not affected by these medications, it best to consult a dermatologist.
Related Tip: "5 Myths and Facts About Acne?"
I am 18 years old .i am suffering acne problem .my skin is tanned. Can you suggest healthy diet for me.
I am 23 years young. at the age of 7 to still I have stammering problem so I can't speak with higher authority then my friends were criticized me. please help me. Then I am always feel very tired so my fingers automatically shake so how can I control this help me.
I have snoring problem for 3 years and also I am gaining weight, at present 100 kgs, height 5'8" m. My age is 45 years Please give me suggestions.
I have sauna slimming belt at home. So how should I use it effectively so that visible results are seen. I am 16 years fatty boy.
My girlfriend is having late periods and during periods she's having scanty bleeding. We have done the prega pregnancy test but it showed negative. Is there any chance she is pregnant? If yes then what should we do to abort it?
Hello doc. For past one month im suffering from back pain. Its not exactly back but its below my neck between two shoulders. I have consulted the doctor. He has given me some tablets and an ointment as well still i am facing the problem. Is it because sitting in the chair for a long time in the office without resting?
Scapular Pain or Shoulder blades pain is a pain that is caused by cervical spine conditions and lower spine conditions. Pain around the scapula is common and can be referred from other sites such as the neck, thoracic spine or shoulder itself. The muscles that stabilise the scapula can be a source of pain in problems of the shoulder and neck. These muscles can fatigue leading to local discomfort and loss of the normal scapula control.
The most common cause of scapular pain is muscular which is due to rhomboideus muscles,
Pain is a major symptom, and in this case is primarily located around the shoulder blades and spine, and the general upper back. A general feeling of tightness and increased sensitivity in this area may also be present. Pain and tenderness will generally feel worse with movement, or any activity that stretches this area of the shoulders and back – even breathing deeply. Knots are often common with rhomboid muscle strains, and someone kifeeling the back, say during a massage, will be able to feel the tension.
Avoiding activities that cause pain, such as sports and rigorous physical activity, is recommended to allow the injured muscles to rest. Once the pain has been reduced, a course of stretches and home exercise therapy will fully restore the back and upper shoulders to their normal, full range of motion.
If you are experiencing skin problems or hair-related problems, olive oil can be used as an effective and natural remedy. Olive oil can be used in different forms for different purposes, which not only pertain to the skin and hair.
Here is a list of the most common ways olive oil may be used:
- Hair conditioner: If your hair are dry and brittle, you may use olive oil as a natural hair conditioner. You should apply heated olive oil to your hair, cover it with a plastic bag and wrap a towel around your head.
- Clearing acne: Olive oil can be effective in treating or improving several skin conditions. Acne may be cleared by applying a paste of olive oil and salt. You have to apply this paste to your face, leave it for some time and rinse it off with water. By continuing this process, you will be able to improve your acne condition. The salt helps in cleaning the pores via exfoliation and the olive oil helps in restoration of the skin’s natural moisture.
- Shaving cream: Olive oil can be used as an alternative or substitute to shaving cream. Applying it on your face before shaving makes the blade glide smoothly. Your skin gets moisturized as well.
- Cleaning greasy hands: Olive oil can be used to remove car grease or paint from your hands. You have to prepare a mixture of olive oil and salt or sugar. This mixture should be rubbed all over your hands and washed off with soap and water. As a result, your hands become clean and soft.
- Removing paint from hair: Olive oil can be used for effective removal of paint from your hair. You should put some olive oil to a moist cotton ball and rub it onto your hair. Mascara can also be removed using this method.
- Polishing furniture: Olive oil is very effective in polishing wooden furniture. You must mix olive oil with white vinegar or lemon juice and put it in a spray bottle. Apply this spray on your furniture, leave it applied for some time and wipe it with a cloth or paper towel. You can also apply olive oil directly on a paper towel and wipe off the excess oil. Polishing of your furniture can be carried out using this method. The lost luster and finish of old furniture get enhanced.
Olive oil is available in all stores, in bottles. Olive oil can also be used for softening old leather gloves and leather equipment. In case the leather gets cracked or becomes hard, an olive oil rubdown can improve its condition.