Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Depression
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Anxiety
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Anxiety and Depression
Treatment Of Anxiety Attacks
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Stress
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behavior
Treatment of Trichotillomania
Submit a review for Dr. Ms. Lakshmi ShekhawatYour feedback matters!
For e.g. I LOST somebody close last year and since then fell very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time .please help me.
I lost somebody close last Year and since then fell very Depressed and prefer keeping to Myself all the time. Please help me.
Hello, I'm facing nervousness and anxiousness till now at the age of 21. Specially in a group of people around me. And I can't able to control it. I think it's natural. Kindly suggest me some tips to get rid of it because its making bad effect on my career as well as in my colleagues.
I am a 32 years old male. I am going through a mental distress for quite some time now. I guess I'm getting into the depression zone. My appetite is gone, I can't concentrate on anything, i'm having hair loss, loss of weight. And i'm unable to recall quite a lot of things in my daily life. I'm loosing myself. please help.
I am 26 year old female. Sometimes I feel enthusiastic and at another point of time I feel stressed. I like to sleep whole day so that no one can talk. I frequently get tired and aches in my body. Feel confused and not able to make valid decisions. Hundred of thoughts tum at one point of time.
I keep forgetting small small things . I have very short term memory . Is it because of my sleep cycle ?
I am 17 yrs girl, I haven't had sex yet, I am virgin. But problem is that my friends tease me about being virgin. Because there are no girls virgin in my group. 99% of girls in the college already had sex atleast 1 time. But I am not. Tell me that being virgin is bad. And have sex with stranger is good?
Body dysmorphic disorder is a type of psychiatric disorder. It is when you cannot think about one or more defects or flaws in your appearance. These flaws are usually very minor and sometimes even unnoticeable. This is actually a much more serious disorder than many other people may think. This is because people with body dysmorphic disease may avoid many situations and also suffer from severe anxiety or shame. Here is everything you need to know about body dysmorphic disease.
Just like other psychiatric disorders, there is no known cause of body dysmorphic disease. However, there are a lot of factors, which increases your risk of developing it which include:
1. Brain disorders: Many people with abnormal brain chemistry disorders suffer from body dysmorphic disease.
2. Genes: People whose blood relatives have this disease or have obsessive compulsive disorder are more likely to develop this disorder as well.
3. Environment: Cultural and social influences are a major cause of body dysmorphic disorder as well.
There are, however a lot of symptoms of body dysmorphic disorder, most of which are psychological in nature. They include:
1. Having a preoccupation with a flaw in the body, which is very minor or perhaps even unnoticeable.
2. Beliefs that people are mocking you in relation to your flaw.
3. Being a perfectionist
It is also worth noting that this obsession can affect any part of the body and can also include several parts of the body or different parts of the body at different times. Here are the possible treatments of body dysmorphic disorder.
There are a variety of treatments, which a patient can opt for and a variety of methods of curing the problem. Here are the most common.
1. Cognitive behavioral therapy: This is when a therapist tries to stop you from thinking about the flaw that you have been focusing on way too much.
2. SSRI: SSRI stands for Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors. They are given in cases, where body dysmorphic disorder is caused by problems related to the brain chemical serotonin.
3. Hospitalization: This is a severe measure, but may need to be taken if you are in danger of harming somebody or you cannot perform daily activities.
I consulted doctor pscy gave fludac 20 mg but I feel 10-20 relief from heavy ness in forehead, repeated thinking but side affects are nervous weakness, shaking fingers (much at early morning times), disinterest in sex, I am unable to read the books letter by letter and word by word constantly and eyes are just small shaking and on fixing concentration and no memory what to do I have already told to the doctor and he told to continue the fludco 20 mg.
My friend's boy friend is very rich but married now she is in love with him as the girl is not having father so he is taking care of her family he is supporting her financially but he is forcing her to be in liven relationship my friend asked him to take divorce but he says he ll after 3 years first he wants his father to transfer his property to him but he is pressuring her for liven she is upset too much cz id if she denies then he won't support and if she does it ll be shameful what she shall do tell something for her to come over depression and stay calm.
My son is 8.5 yes old he developed a complex in himself that his friends won't play with him they always make laugh of him which is quite true too. I don't under stand how to overcome his phobia, please help.
Hi I am a student preparing for civil services and for the last 5-7 days I have been getting panic attacks, Couldn't sleep at night for 3-4 days continuously also crashed my vehicle as a result, many times it feels like my heart rate has increased very much, my body gets heated and begins to sweat even under cool weather all this while I am trying to sleep or study, my negative thoughts/insecurities/anxieties other than related to preparation have overwhelmed that I can't focus on my preparations. Further leading to frustration. Regards.
I am given medicines for schizophrenia though I feel I do not belong to that category. What to do, they are also increasing the dosage of Amisulpride to check the maximum limit of 400 mg *twice a day. How can I get rid of the doctor's treatment for a non-entity and be free from Medicines?
Despite being an outsider in the industry, Kangana Ranaut has made her mark in Bollywood. The 'Queen of Bollywood' bagged the National Award in the best actress category for the third time for her double act in the commercial hit Tanu Weds Manu Returns. Ranaut is one of the highest paid actresses in India and is known for playing emotionally intense roles in films like Gangster and Woh Lamhe. But behind the fame and the glory, lies a story of struggle and constant perseverance. Kangana's rise to fame did not happen overnight, and her travails and triumphs have quite a few important lessons stored for all of us.
Here are 4 inspiring life lessons to take away from Kangana's real life story.
1. Be Yourself - Accept yourself and embrace the person you are. Making desperate attempts to fit in a social circle or trying to make people like you could turn depressing. Be yourself and don't compromise on your identity and be afraid to have a mind of your own. Kangana has constantly inspired us to be rebellious and to question stereotypes and sexism.
'People in the industry treated me like I didn't deserve to be spoken to and I was some unwanted object. I couldn't speak English fluently and people made fun of me for that. So dealing with rejection became a part of life...Today, when people say that I have made it and made it on my own.'
She said on an interview with Daily News and Analysis
2. Deal with your relationship problems - Stop tolerating abuse. Your partner is supposed to love and support you and not hurt you physically or emotionally. Don't be afraid of getting out of a relationship. It might be difficult and hard to deal with but it's best to get over with and start afresh. Ranaut was in a relationship with Aditya Pancholi, which turned sour after he assaulted her. Later she was also in a relationship with Adhyayan Suman and Nicholas Lafferty, an English doctor, which did not last either, but she always moved on with her head held high, personifying dignity.
3. Beat the odds - There might situations when your family does not support your career choices but don't let that stop you from going ahead with it. Believe in yourself and work hard on your goals. Kangana Ranaut inspires us to not give up easily. In spite of being an industry outsider, Ranaut made her mark with remarkable performances in Fashion, Queen, Woh Lamhe and Tanu Weds Manu. She quit pursuing medical and went for modeling instead and refused to take financial aid from her father. In short, don't give up on your dreams no matter how difficult it gets.
4. There is no end to learning - You can always continue with your interests even if you have a very busy professional life. Make time for your hobbies and interests as they expand your outlook. Ranaut learns Kathak as she enjoys dancing and considers it as a form of therapy. She also did a course on the technical aspects of filmmaking from New York Film Academy. She did not let her stardom affect her personal interests and wants to have a normal life.
'I don't want to lose my rights as a common person to learn and grow'
She said on an interview with Filmfare.