Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Ms. FareedaYour feedback matters!
Hi So (Thursday) I was very near to my period and I could feel as if my period will start the next day. But I had unprotected sex the same night (Thursday). Go my partner did not ejaculate inside of me. But he did it on my stomach area. I doubt if some of it went inside slipping on my skin. Also I doubt that if I can pregnant with his pre cum. Now it's Saturday and I have still not got my period. There is no more pain in the lower abdomen and I can't feel if I am anywhere near to my period. Please advice what is To be done. I can't get pregnant at this stage. Can you tell me if I have an ipill once in 3 months is it safe?
Knee pain commonly affects women over 50 years of age and could be because of any type of arthritis or Knee injury. Some of it comes with age but knowing how to protect your knees can make a big difference in the quality of life.
1) Knee problems can happen to anyone and one needs to respect any pain which arises in the knee especially after a fall or injury. The knee joint is vulnerable to injury and arthritis develops faster if the ligaments or the meniscus has been torn. Acknowledge the pain and seek help early before the damage sets in.
2) Avoid being overweight: Every extra kilo of body weight exerts five kilos worth of stress on our knees. This increases the daily wear and tear of the joint and sets in arthritis early. Reducing even couple of kilos off would be very kind on the knees. If you are overweight one must choose exercises that are gentle on the knees like stationary bike instead of an inclined treadmill, walking instead of running or jogging etc.
3) Follow rehab and enough rest after a knee injury: If you have had a knee injury, the rehabilitation may take many weeks. During this time, it is important to follow the instructions of your doctor and avoid all activities which cause knee pain. Otherwise, the pain may get chronic and worse with slight provocation. Many young athletic people return to their earlier routine of hectic gymming as soon as the pain subsides, but this can weaken the knee in the long run. One must allow proper healing at the knee joint which can be many weeks after the pain has gone.
4) Don't overdo it: Over straining or sudden increase in exercise can lead to knee problems. Endurance needs to be built slowly over a period of time and one must allow the ligaments to get used to the extra strain. If your knee is already hurting, avoid jerky and jumpy movements.
5) Good Shoes and supportive footwear help your knee by absorbing the extra strain. In general, platform heels are better than pencil heels and moderate heals are better than a six inch or a totally flat shoe. Investing in a good pair of shoes may eventually save you money by saving a knee replacement later on.
Sir, my menstrual bleeding had not yet stopped for past one month. Before it was regular only. I am using 2-3pads daily. There is no previous history of this. No weight loss, no pain, and abdominal distension. Also there is no burning sensation during urination, no white discharge. What could be the cause sir? Kindly explain mee sir. Can we suspect any cyst or tumor sir?
Hello Dr. please tell me what's the reason of etopic pregnancy I was etopic 2012 what was the reason & after etopic how long time to conceive because I can't conceive n very much problem for me.
An easy to make recipe which taken regularly helps manage blood sugar levels. The antioxidant property of amla helps boost immunity and metabolism.
Hello Lybrate doc, after how many days the symptoms of pregnancy starts. After our intercourse. When the period is due. please suggest.
Infertility is the inability to get pregnant after a year of unprotected intercourse. Both men and women can be infertile.
- In about one-third of cases, the cause of infertility involves only the male.
- In about one-third of cases, the cause of infertility involves only the female.
- In the remaining cases, the cause of infertility involves both the male and female or no cause can be identified.
Women are born with a finite number of eggs. Thus, as the reproductive years progress, the number and quality of the eggs diminish. The chances of having a baby decrease by 3% to 5% per year after the age of 30 and this reduction is noted to a much greater extent after age 40.
Female infertility can also be caused by a number of factors including:
1. Damage to fallopian tubes - Damage to the fallopian tubes can prevent contact between the egg and sperm. Pelvic infections, endometriosis, and pelvic surgeries can lead to fallopian tube damage.
2. Hormonal causes - This can lead to ovulation disorders which prevent the ovaries from releasing eggs such as in polycystic ovary syndrome , hyperprolactinemia or disorders of the thyroid gland - hyperthyroidism / hypothyroidism, can interrupt the menstrual cycle and cause infertility.
3. Cervical causes - A small group of women may have a problem in which the sperm cannot pass through the cervical canal. Whatever the reason is , this problem may be treated with intrauterine inseminations.
4. Uterine causes - Abnormal anatomy and distortion of the uterine cavity due to the presence of polyps and fibroids or problem with the endometrial lining can lead to failed implantation of the embryo.
Endometriosis occurs when endometrial tissue grows outside the uterus - often affecting the function of the ovaries, uterus, and fallopian tubes.
5. Primary Ovarian Insufficiency - Also called as Premature Menopause, when the ovaries stop working prematurely before the age of 40. Certain conditions are associated with early menopause like immune system diseases, radiation or chemotherapy and smoking.
Causes of male infertility may include:
1. Abnormal sperm production or function due to various problems, such as undescended testicles, genetic defects, health problems including diabetes, prior infections such as mumps, trauma or prior surgeries on the testicles or inguinal region.
2. Problems with the delivery of sperm, due to sexual problems, such as premature or retrograde ejaculation, certain genetic diseases, such as cystic fibrosis, structural problems, such as blockage of the epididymis, or damage to the reproductive organs.
3. Overexposure to certain chemicals and toxins, such as pesticides, radiation, tobacco smoke, alcohol, frequent exposure to heat can elevate the testicular temperature, impairing sperm production.
4. Damage related to cancer and its treatment, including radiation or chemotherapy for which timely cryopreservation can be done for future use.
5. Unexplained infertility, In approximately 20% of couples the cause cannot be determined using the currently available methods of investigation.
Why is IVF the best way to treat infertility in women?
Conception is a complicated process that depends on many factors:
On the production of healthy sperm by the man and healthy eggs by the woman
- The sperm's ability to fertilize the egg when they meet.
- The ability of the fertilized egg (embryo) to become implanted in the woman's uterus
IVF (or in-vitro fertilization) is a lab procedure where the sperm and the egg are combined in a dish (where fertilization takes place) and is followed by transferring the embryo (the fertilized egg) into the uterus. It is increasingly being used as a method to conceive as it has been established as a safe procedure that helps bypass a number of complications women may face while conceiving such as ovulation problems and issues with the fallopian tube.
Even women who face issues such as PCOS, endometriosis and premature ovarian failure can conceive through this process. Moreover, IVF has been in practice since 1978 and has a safe track record. The success rates of IVF are high as well, making it a preferred procedure for couples who suffer from fertility problems. Unexplained infertility can also be treated with the help of this procedure.
Related Tip: IVF Vs. Surrogacy : Which is the Better Option?
My cousin had a cesarean in the month of November 2014 and she is again 2 months pregnant. What to do please advise?
My friend have problem of irregular periods and her bleeding is not stop from 4 month. Can you tell me what is the causes of this problem?
My sister-in-law is 30 years 6 months old and she is pregnant for the 2nd time. This is her 4th month of pregnancy. Her first child is a baby girl through caesarian in nov, 2011. She in currently in usa since 14 months in california. She has been diagonised with anemia and gestational diabetes a week or 10 days ago. What should she do to keep herself and baby in good health and the delivery is safe for both? her height is 5 feet 5 inches and weight is 54 kilograms. Request you to reply in confidence. She is also consulting a doctor in usa but we thought to ask for your opinion. She is unable to take care of her first child as her daughter is too hyper and we feel that she planned for her second child in hurry. She does not drink milk regularly since 15 years. She planned for 2nd child because her daughter does not become lonely when she grows up which I personally am not able to digest.
I have periods on 27th bt still I did not get I have tried papaya jaggery and ginger tea also bt no result wat would be the problem.
I smoke a lot. Recently I have been on anti biotic and pain killers too because I met with an accident. I had sex last on 8th April after a period of 8-9 months. My last period came around 18th March and now I've missed my period. I've taken two pregnancy tests and both came negative. What should I do? Please suggest.
In the course of their life, women have to go through a lot of changes and challenges that make them wiser and better at handling the circumstances that they faced. Women go through physical as well as emotional changes when they reach puberty. Also, after the menstrual cycle begins the lady has to struggle through different pre-menstrual symptoms each month. It is because of the menstrual cycle that women are able to conceive and give birth to life, which means that it can be safely said that the source of all human life is owed to the menstrual cycle of women.
It is however, seen that when the menstrual cycle comes to an end in the form of menopause and the uterus takes a retirement, the women going through menopause end up experiencing difficult times and health issues. A lot of women complain of severe mood swings, depression, increased fatigue, hot flashes, dryness in the vaginal region and even problems like osteoporosis in a lot of cases. While these may sound like deadly challenges and a lot of women may lead unhealthy lives by accepting the changes, it should be realized that the problem is treatable.
Hormone replacement therapy:
When the menstrual cycle works regularly, it ensures that the level of hormones in the body are regularised and the body does not face discomfort, but when menopause strikes the body stops making the important hormones and throws the system out of order. In order to make sure that the body remains healthy and the problems related to menopause are kept at bay, it may be important to replenish the body with the hormones and this is how the hormone replacement therapy works.
HRT or hormone replacement therapy is found to be a common medication and type of treatment in the modern times, but this does not mean that the patients may be safe by getting their treatment from just any doctor. It is particularly essential to make sure that the best gynaecologist in the field is chosen and the therapy is started only with the right expertise. The administering of the hormones may be a tricky treatment and if the patient is not in the right hands, they may fall prey to problems such as inadequate or excessive hormones, which may in turn be a source of more health issues.
Choosing your expert:
Running a simple search on the internet about how the treatment for hormone replacement should be taken and the doctors who specialize in the course of treatment may lead you to a number of reliable names. With the help of the search and a thorough study about the background and experience of the specialists so that you are able to put yourself in safe and able hands only.
I am a 25 yrs old married women. My last period started on 21st august and ended on 24th july. My average next period date was on 19th-20th september. But still it is not clearing. On 24th and 5th sept. Some drops were discharged (very less amount) and stopped since then. I hade taken Unwanted-72 on 10th sept. Now I am suffering from irritation and body pain due to this especially lower parts like legs. Please suggest me what should I do to get rid of this.
Trying to conceive from last 3 months but unable to get pregnant. But in these 3 months 1-2 days prior to period some brown clot is coming out n then periods comes. Also 4-5 days prior to period I am feeling very cold. 2-3 days prior to period I feel like doing lot of sex or love. If in case if anybody is getting pregnant then is there any white discharge every day or only during ovulation? It will be mine 3 years of marriage but except last 3 times ,we were not using any condom or contraceptive pills still why I am not getting pregnant. My periods are regular. Cycle is of 25 days. No medical issues.
We are sharing some tips that can help you to protect your eyes from holi colors:
1. Make sure that colors or any other product does not get inside your eyes as it can cause serious eye irritation or itchiness. Keep your eyes tightly shut when you are attacked on your face.
2. Do not wear contact lenses while playing with holi colours.
3. Use sunglasses to protect your eyes from a misfire of color filled darts or water jets.
4. Keep a big bucket of clean water near you.
5. Wash the eye with plenty of clean and cold water, if the color goes inside. Remember not to rub or massage the eye.
P. S. Note:
“Unpacked colors and paints available in the market contain toxic chemicals can leads to temporary blindness if they enter your eyes”
If you experience any sort of irritation and notice any undesirable signs like persistent redness, change in vision, swelling pain in your eyes, call up an ophthalmologist immediately at ravi eye foundation
Please share to make others aware.