Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ms. FareedaYour feedback matters!
Hello, I m suffering from periods from last 9 days please tell me what should I do for stop this problem please tell me its urgent.
If you want to have a safe pregnancy by curtailing all sorts of complications, then you have to promptly respond to warning bells. There are certain warning symptoms that should not be neglected at all as that might put your pregnancy in danger.
- Bleeding: This kind of situation cannot be ignored as that often leads to serious issues like placental abruption or miscarriage. In this case, you are definitely in need of the assistance of any expert midwife.
- Swollen face or hands: Slightly swollen face or hands in pregnancy are normal, but if you observe excessive puffiness, especially on your feet and ankles, then it is a warning sign as it might lead to toxaemia or PIH. Therefore, consulting a doctor is very much needed in this regard.
- Abdominal pain: Round ligament pain is quite normal, and you do not have to worry about the same. But if the pain is accompanied by bleeding, then the danger of miscarriage might come into being, and thus you should be very much alert about the same.
- Blurry vision: Both blurry vision and dizziness are the commonest pregnancy symptoms. But if they get increased suddenly, visit your doctor.
- Itching: Itching is common during pregnancy mostly due to stretching of the skin. Your skin also becomes dry. But if it continues for long, then you should check the same with your doctor for avoiding liver disorder.
- Fever: Exposure to flu and cold viruses increases during pregnancy, as a result of which fever occurs. But if the fever lasts for more than 48 hours, then viral conditions can be expected, which are pretty dangerous.
- Unwanted back pain: Normal pain in pregnancy is alright, but excessive pain might indicate bladder or kidney infections, preterm labour, miscarriage or cyst. All these conditions should be essentially avoided to ensure a healthy pregnancy.
- Gushing of fluid: If you are not in labour, but are feeling wet constantly, then it is better to see a doctor. There might be a great possibility of breaking of water, and this is quite dangerous in the advanced stage of pregnancy.
Less movement of baby Experiencing baby kicking is quite natural during pregnancy, and if stops suddenly, then there is something wrong. Kicking patterns should be followed and then only you will be able to realize whether the baby is normal or not. If you are facing any of the above symptoms, then immediately visit your doctor.
I'm having irregular periods. What kind of diet may help to have periods on correct time? And does eating papaya destroy ovary cells?
Top tips for aiding digestion
Too much food and drink? Keep these useful hints and homeopathic medicines in mind
- Drink a cup of boiled water in the morning before breakfast. This seems to cleanse the stomach and often works wonders.
- Eat slowly. One of the main causes of indigestion is unchewed food.
- Don’t eat food “piping hot”. Our stomachs are not meant to have hot foods inside them. A useful thing to remember is that if it is hot in the mouth it is hot in the stomach. This includes tea and coffee. Food and drinks that are too hot may disrupt enzymes and injure the lining of the stomach. So, always wait for it to cool.
- Don’t eat on the hoof. Meals should be taken at a leisurely pace. If you eat on the move, there is more chance that digestion will not begin. Instead foods in the stomach and intestine will start to ferment, producing gases that bloat you.
- Avoid eating fruit with the meal. Tempting though it is, because it seems lighter on the stomach than puddings, it is not good at the end of a meal. This is because fruit digests faster than dense proteins, so fermentation and gas accumulation may occur.
- If bloating is a persistent problem, try simplifying your meals. Instead of having lots of food groups at one meal try separating them. For example, proteins need acid enzyme digestive juices, whereas carbohydrates need alkaline enzyme digestive juices. When you have to break down both types all at once you are not achieving optimal enzymatic action, so some fermentation and gas accumulation may occur.
- Try taking slightly smaller servings and think twice about second helpings. As a good rule of thumb, try to get into the habit of estimating the quantity you allow yourself using “nature’s food bowl”. Cup your two hands together as if you were using them to make a bowl. The quantity of food that would fill that “bowl” should be your maximum at any meal.
- Make sure that you drink enough water. Ideally, hydrate your stomach with a glass of water half an hour before a meal.
I have pcos i am using myonext in this month my period got delayed for 15 days. In the previous month with my doctors advice I used naturogest 200mg for 5 days. Because of that tablets I got date before 4 days. That tablets showed very bad effect on my health like vomiting, heavy cough fever, giddiness and severe pain in left leg which lasted for 1 month then doctor told to stop naturogest and i'm using myonext please tell me what I have to do now.
I am 27 year old female before one year I have an endometriosis cyst in my right ovary and some features of pcod in left ovary but now this time I haven't any cyst only a dominant follicle in right ovary pls tell me should I continue taking medicine. My doc suggested me to take Crina 10 mg till my marriage and inshallah my marriage is going next year in August 2017 pls suggest me what I do Thankyou.
Hi I am 25 years old married women I have delivered baby boy on date 23. 03. 2015 through cesarean but till date I feel pain left side of my uterus and still date blood is discharged from uterus through vagina so kindly suggest the medicine for treatment thanks
The validity of Mirena will expire in 2017, when l will be 49+.Will l have menopause at that time due to Mirena or menopause will come in its normal course? Does Mirena have any effect on menopause. If my problem exists after the expiry dt of Mirena, do l have to have another Mirena insertion?Please tell.
Kab sex kiya jaye ki girl k pregnant hone ke chances badh jaye? Or konsi position m jyada chances hote h?
My friend had unprotected sex last year July from then she got regular periods but some before her periods she gets burning sensation in her vaginal she is scared whether she got hiv she can't do blood test due to some family issues please help.
I have gone through two miscarriage & now after 2 years I am trying again. I do not have any issues detected in my health check up. I have only thyroid so please suggest something.
The urinary system in both men and women are susceptible to infections and many other internal disorders. Although many of the disorders may be caused due to underlying diseases or hereditary causes, many others may be caused due to bad life style habits as well as personal hygiene issues. Personal hygiene issues will not only lead to infections, but if left unchanged, may cause more serious problems such as tumors overtime. However, with the help of some basic tips and following some daily routine, you can ensure good urological health overtime. Some of these are mentioned below:
- Drink plenty of water daily: This is applicable to both men and women and it is important, especially in a country like India where hot and humid conditions prevail for most of the time. A common figure quoted most of the time is 2 to 3 liters of water daily although this is quite arbitrary and may change from person to person and climate to climate. What is important is that you should remain hydrated and calculate an ideal amount of water consumption. This is necessary to stop stone formation in the gallbladder, kidney, ureter and other areas of the genitourinary system.
- Cleaning tips for men: It is important to ensure proper hygiene for good penile health. Uncircumcised males should retract their foreskin while taking a bath and clean out the smegma or white accumulations from around the glans. This will reduce the chances of inflammations and urinary tract infections from occurring. Circumcised males should thoroughly wash the penis as well to keep it clean.
- Regular ejaculation: Men are advised to ejaculate regularly either through masturbation or through sexual stimulation as it is beneficial in many ways. Ejaculation helps clear the tracts, exercises the prostate and also keeps the pattern of proper blood flow to the penis active. It maintains urological health as well as you sexual health.
- Don’t hold your urine for too long: Although this is especially applicable for women, it can be bad for men too. Holding the urine within your body for too long may result in an infection and may also make your bladder muscles weaker resulting in urinary incontinence later in life. Women, especially should be careful as they have a shorter urethra leading from the bladder and thus are more prone to getting urinary tract infections in this manner.
- Avoid harsh soaps and use milder ones to regularly cleanse the groin area: The groin is one of the moistest areas, as it remains covered up most of the time. This makes it an ideal breeding ground for bacteria. It is important that you clean this area every day thoroughly with mild soap. Also, after urination, women should wipe front to back i.e. from the opening of the vagina towards the anus while wiping down after urinating or cleaning. This is to ensure that fecal bacteria don’t get into the vagina as it can cause a host of infections.
- Tips for sexual intercourse: It is important for both men and women to urinate, wash and clean after sexual intercourse as this can help clean the bacteria that may have come from one partner’s genitals into the other. Women should especially follow this advice as it can help keep many infections at bay.
- Changes in certain foods: Reduce caffeine intake through tea or coffee as it can irritate your bladder. It can also act as a diuretic which makes you urinate frequently. This will result in your bladder becoming weaker. Also reduce salt intake as it can increase blood pressure and end up damaging the kidney to the point of permanent kidney damage or kidney failure. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.
I am 24 year old I had unprotected sex before 10 days back. And had unwanted 72 pill. Now on 22 it bleed few drops. I had my last periods on 7 sept. Is it normal?
I am a sportsman 47 years old, regular cyclist .yesterday I went for cycling and started raining but kept on doing for 13 kms. And did cycling very hard while raining too When I reached back home my lower back neck started paining , I couldn' move my face for 3 to 4 days I think cervical problem May I know the precaution and cure.
Brain mapping is a technique where the biological quantities of a human brain are represented as spatial quantities resulting in maps. As with many other medical technologies, brain mapping is fast-evolving as well. Among several uses, brain mapping is chiefly used while performing surgery on the brain.
When surgery is to be performed on the brain such as surgery for epilepsy, the surgeon would want to comprehend how the brain areas are affected by seizures. The surgical intervention is meant for removing as much as seizure focus as possible while preserving crucial functions like understanding, speech, vision, movement, and sensation.
Why is brain mapping performed?
Brain mapping is a process which helps in identification of functions of various parts of the brain. Mapping the brain by stimulating different areas of the brain areas can aid in creating a map for a particular person. The map allows the doctor in understanding what parts of the brain are responsible for performing critical functions including sensation, movement, speech and other functions.
Which functions of the brain can be mapped electrically?
Typical areas of the brain which have motor, language, visual and sensory functions are needed to be mapped. When current is applied to a single area at a time, the doctor understands which part of the brain is responsible for which function.
When the patient is not able to speak due to the current, then the area is likely to be crucial for language function. If the limbs, face or trunk of the patient stop moving as the current passes, the area that is tested is responsible for movement. On the other hand, if the individual experiences tingling, numbing, and other sensations when the current is applied, it means that a sensory region is discovered.
How is electrical brain mapping performed?
Electrical brain mapping for guiding brain surgery for epilepsy can be performed in two distinct processes: directly during the surgery or in a two-stage procedure.
In the first stage of the process, the surgeon creates an opening in the skull which helps in exposing the surface of the brain. Small electrical contacts or electrodes are placed on the brain surface even though no brain tissue is removed. As soon as the electrodes are in the right position, the scalp is closed. The electrodes not only record the seizure of the patient electrically but also allow mapping of various areas of the brain. The last stage is surgery where abnormal brain tissues are removed.
Brain mapping process during surgery:
Electrical brain mapping may also be performed during the surgery which exposes part of the brain. This is termed as intraoperative brain mapping since it occurs while performing the main operation. The process of mapping may last for an hour to several hours at a stretch.
Brain mapping is also used to diagnose neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. In these cases, the brain map shows extreme shrinkage of the brain due to tissue loss. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.
Hai，I have delivered in aug. During 9th month my weight is 57 kgs, after delivery it was 54. After that I am gradually increasing my weight. I am breastfeeding & also using formula milk bcz my milk is not sufficient for my kid. Actually I heard that if I breastfeed I will loose weight. But it is not happening. Can you please suggest me the solution.
I have irregular periods problem. I had pcod problem , I took medicine for 6 months. After that Pcod cleared. But I didn't get my periods regularly. While I took medicine I'll get periods else I won't get periods. My weight is increasing. But I don't have thyroid problem. Can you suggests me what to do get my periods regularly?
Hi I am a pregnant give me some information like food, health, exercise etc. And which type of food good for baby?
I am 26 years. I have a history of polycystic ovary. Recently I have gone through miscarriage. My gynaec says that in 7 weeks my baby has no heart beat. I hav 2 gestational sacs. My doctor says it is abnormal so I have to abort my child. It is my first pregnancy. So please suggest me that this wont happen with me again. Kindly advise me.
Abdominal massage with cinnamon and ginger infused oil is effective to lessen the cramps pain and provide relief during menstruation.