Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mrunalini InamdarYour feedback matters!
Hi. I have got married since 1 month . I am pregnant but still not show in test report. I have lot of pain in lower back. Doctors can't giving Medicine . What can I do?
Just after waking up in the morning, body feels tired. Each part of the body pains. What should I do?
Your health is affected by a number of physical, mental and emotional conditions. Falling in love is one of these factors. Being in love with someone does not only put a smile on your face, it can also boost your immunity and lower stress levels. Love can make you feel stronger both mentally and physically. Here are a few reasons why love is beneficial to your health.
You may have a longer life: love helps fight stress and hence helps reduce the harmful effects of stress. Stress is a direct trigger for many fatal conditions such as heart attack and strokes and thus, being in love reduces your risk of such diseases. Studies have also shown that when in love, a person takes more care of themselves and hence has a lower risk of having an accident, violence etc. Thus, being in love can give you a longer lifespan and can reduce chances of an early death.
You may have a lower risk of lifestyle diseases: along with boosting your immunity love can also improve your lifestyle. Instead of microwaving a tv dinner, a person in love is likely to eat a healthier meal with their partner and be more conscious of their diet. Being in love also makes you want to look good thus, encourages exercising. By following a healthy diet and exercising regularly, you can reduce your chances of suffering from lifestyle diseases such as diabetes and obesity. Living with a person you love can also lower your alcohol and nicotine consumption and hence protect you from their ill effects.
It protects you from depression: companionship and love are good for a person’s mental health. Love can help stabilise emotions and keep you from depression. By living with someone a person does not have the chance to withdraw into themselves and can always rely on having someone to talk to. By sharing your thoughts and emotions with another person, difficult situations can become easier to handle and hence cause less stress and depression.
It can help you look younger: as mentioned earlier, being in love can make you take better care of yourself. It is often said that a person in love ’glows’. In a nutshell, being in love makes you happy and this releases happy hormones that aid in the removal of toxins and prevent premature ageing. When you’re in love, you may also notice your hair looking healthier and shinier.
A phobia is an irrational and excessive fear of an object or situation, according to the American Psychiatric Association (APA). More often than not, phobia involves a sense of endangerment or a fear of harm. For example, somebody suffering from agoraphobia will dread being trapped in an inescapable place or situation.
Here, we discuss 10 most common phobias that people suffer from:
1. Agoraphobia: It is a phobia which is quite common. Almost 2 percent Americans are victims of agoraphobia. It is a fear of open or crowded spaces. It creates a vicious cycle and the sufferer gets panic attacks when nearing any event that necessitates facing such circumstances.
2. Acrophobia: It is a fear of heights. It is an irrational fear of heights or the fear of falling. Close to 10 percent people in the U.S. suffer from acrophobia. In severe cases, a victim may even suffer panic attacks.
3. Aerophobia: It is the fear of flying. Almost 6.5 percent of the world's population has this fear. This phobia is closely linked with agoraphobia and claustrophobia (fear of small and restricted spaces). In extreme cases, this may affect a person's professional and personal life when air travel becomes inevitable.
4. Mysophobia: It is a fear of germs. This fear is also akin to obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). A person may suffer from both these disorders at the same time. Sufferers often become isolated in mysophobia.
5. Claustrophobia: The fear of small spaces, this phobia is common as 5-7 percent of the world population suffers from claustrophobia. This phobia is related to fear of suffocation or the fear of restriction. Very few sufferers seek treatment in this phobia and majority of them go untreated.
6. Cynophobia: The fear of dogs is called cynophobia. Many people fear dogs and there is no harm in that. But cynophobia is an extreme and uncommon fear about dogs. It is one of the most common animal phobias in the world. It is estimated that about 36 percent of the sufferers seek treatment for cynophobia.
7. Trypophobia: It is the fear of holes. It sounds absurd to be afraid of holes, but for a trypophobe the mere sight of a hole is enough to press the panic button as he becomes quite restless and almost reaches on the verge of a collapse.
8. Astraphobia: The fear of thunder and lightning is called astraphobia. It is true that thunderstorm and lightning can make even the brave run for cover, but for an individual suffering from astraphobia, it is altogether a different case. Starting in childhood, this fear can continue into adulthood.
9. Ophidiophobia: The fear of snakes is known as ophidiophobia. One may think how fearing snakes can be termed as a phobia as almost everyone is scared of snakes. But for people who suffer from this phobia, it becomes impossible to indulge in hiking, camping and related activities.
10. Arachnophobia: The fear of spiders afflicts a lot of people in the society with 30.5 percent of them dwelling in the U.S. alone. This is an extreme fear of spiders and other arachnids like scorpions. This causes a lot of embarrassment to the victims.
A little of fear and phobia is normal. However, when it goes beyond control and begins to affect the daily activities of a person, it becomes a concern. Phobias are mental conditions which qualify for intervention. One should see a psychiatrist if faced with an extreme phobia of any kind. In fact, phobias are mostly related to anxiety disorder in a person.
Pregnancy me kya food khana chye. Aur sex kis month se kr sakte hai aur sex karne se koi problems to nahi hogi.
Hi I am a 25 year old married woman. We are not having children from past 4 years. When I tested, my fallopian tube is 2.1 cm in diameter was seen with infection/damage. I do not want to go for IVF, so any other cleaning type of process can be done to bring back to normal and get conceived.?
My periods have stopped 8-9 years ago. But now I get bluish discharge. Why is the colour of discharge blue? Which kind of disease is it?
My sister has a fibroid in her uterus. The size of the fibroid is 17.82*15.56*14.29.Her CA125 blod report is 32.23.Please suggest
I noticed many symptoms for pregnancy & we were happy about it & today my wife got menses which makes me feel sad. Please advice.
My wife periods comes around 8 to 10 of every month. But this time still periods not came. She checked thrice (including today also) by pregnancy test kit. But every time result is negative. Pls suggest what is the issue?
I had a inter-course with my wife a week ago. I am not sure that whether the sperm was released outside or not. Then, pregnancy check can be performed after how many days? And my wife periods date is 9th May.
Common causes include -
1. Use of all forms of tobacco (gutkha, khaini, bidi, cigarette, paan etc.)
2. Irritating or sharp edged dentures or teeth causing chronic non healing ulcers
3. Poor oral hygiene
4. Some hereditary conditions (example - Plummer Vinson Syndrome)
It starts as change in color of oral mucosa or non healing chronic ulcer which grows with time. It may or may not bleed on touch. Pain may be or may not present
Another form of oral cancer which resembles cauliflower is known as verrucous carcinoma.
Prevention of cancer includes -
1. Quitting all kind of habits including tobacco
2. Regular dental and oral checkups
3. Maintainance of good oral hygiene,
4. Rounding or removal of ill fitting dentures or prostheses.
What if I am not willing to have sex with my boyfriend, whereas he wants it? What should be done in this case?
Description: botanical name of kounch is mucuna pruriens. Also known as kapikachu, cowhage, cowitch, velvet beans, buffalo beans, picapica. Kounch has been used in almost every medicine which are helpful in aphrodiciac.
-act as a aphorodisiac hence helpful in male sexual problems
-as a health suppilment as it helps in deposition of protein in muscles
-it helps to restore mental alertness and coordination
-act as good nervine tonic
-it can be used as antihelminthic.
Doc Cousin have miscarriage N first time me bahut bleeding hui, Fir ab period date ane me 7-8 weeks lage n abi firse heavy bleeding ho rai hai continuously 5 din se ho rahi hai Thick blood. Pain bhi bahut hai puri body mein N weekness aa gai hai To kya karna chahiye Medication ya koi suggestion please Jisse complete clean ho jaye andar se Ya kuch bleeding k lye Aur kab tak ese hoga Normal periods kab honge?
I'm 27 years old but still I'm not getting periods, if I take medicine I am getting periods otherwise I will not previous. 3 years back I took medicine but I didn't get periods. In this 15 years totally I got periods 8 times only. Please give me the suggestion.
Hello. I have been fasting for 12 consecutive days (from 6 am to 6 pm daily) I did not have my period this month. Last month I got my period on 11th may 2016. It lasted for 6 days. But now its 39th day in my cycle and my period is 9 days overdue. I did a pregnancy test in the morning which came out to be negative. I wanted to know if is it too early to have test pregnancy? Is it because of fasting that my period has delayed so much days? Or is it because the HCG level is too low for the moment? Should I wait for one more week to take another test? Or should I consult a doctor to know the real reason behind my late period?
While sex is something that everyone fantasizes or thinks about, when it comes to the actual act of being with a partner, shyness and inhibitions may stop you from actually having a god experience. While some factors for shyness can be physical, in most cases, they border on emotional and psychological problem.
Factors that might cause sexual shyness
Some of the factors that cause sexual shyness could be:
1. A fear arising from lack of experience
2. A low self esteem
3. Bad encounters and experiences in the past
4. Body image issues
These are all factors which can be changed and controlled with a slight change in your thinking and conditioning yourself in certain ways.
Overcoming sexual shyness with the partner
While most people have active fantasies about sex, when it comes to a one on one experience, many people feel out of their comfort zone. Let's look at a few mental and thought conditioning exercises that can help you counter sexual shyness.
a. Don't have major expectations - One of the biggest issues with mostly men and to some extent women, is they have elaborate fantasies which don't come true in the real world and thus aren't prepared to handle real life sexual situation when they come up. Thus you should preferably have a no expectation approach.
b. Ensure that the surroundings are comfortable - If you are having a hurried encounter or in a situation you aren't comfortable in, it might lead to bad experiences which will keep manifesting every time you have sexual encounters. Thus make sure that your surroundings are comfortable and you are relaxed before the act.
c. Don't let physical shortcomings scare you - Both men and women tend to be very conscious about their bodies. If you have to be naked in front of someone, you may feel even more self conscious. Stop feeling bad or sorry for yourself because of your body. No human being is perfect and if the other person wants to be with you in bed, they will ignore any physical imperfections that you think you may have.
d. Think about the act and prepare - Remember that you are with a person and not with a fantasy. Once you are comfortable with a person and usually after a few times, you can then try fantasies and role playing. Initially think about the act before in your head and feel excited in its anticipation.
e. Enjoy the build up and the foreplay - Sex isn't just the penetrative part but all the fun section like kissing and foreplay that build up to it. Go slow and enjoy those sections as well and you will automatically be aroused enough to a point where inhibitions will go away. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.