Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mrunalini InamdarYour feedback matters!
I have irregular periods, sometimes twice a month and sometimes I don't have any periods at all in a month. And also heavy bleeding occurs during my periods. Is it normal. Please suggest me something to make it normal if it isn't.
What are effect of hypothyroidism during pregnancy? even when she is continuously on thyroid medicine.
I bought a ovulation predictor kit which states ovulation does not occur in all menstrual cycles? Is it true? I have regular periods and had unprotected sex but did not conceive and started my periods. Is it because ovulation did not occur? Please suggest I am very confused.
My frnd have prblm of irregular periods and had consulted doctor also so please give helpful suggestions to get rid of these prblm.
I take a medicine that was unwanted 72 and after that I had heavy period but from last 4 month I have no period so please.
My wife is pregnant. Now first month going on. Tel me which book read good for her, which exercise she done? Hows care in pregnancy. Pls tell me.
I had sex with my female friend 1 month ago 2 days continue totally 3 times only after 1 day of that she started her periods normally but now. It has been 22 days her period not coming again her normally periods came in 20 days of last now you please help us what it can be?
Often, as men and women approach their mid life, they face sexual problems. Like other major health problem like cancer, diabetes and heart disease, it is beneficial to seek early treatment for sexual problems. Brushing these issues under the carpet may be harmful as it can undo a good relationship and could bring about discord and resentment in the couple. Often, in our culture, mediation and help is sought from friends and relatives. However, seeking professional help is always better as it is unbiased, scientifically correct and based on objective consideration of the overall problem.
My last menses cycle was 22 march 2016. It was 42 days late and I was pregnant. But due to a viral infections (measles) that was aborted. What can I do in my future?
Wearing narrow shoes can cause bunions. A bunion is a bony growth on the inside of the first toe joint. It is seen in both men and women but more common in women ostensibly due to the habit of wearing narrow, and pointed and high heeled shoes and footwear.
I am married since 9months and was suffering from PCOS, and had allopathy medicines. Now I am having facial hair growth. I have sensitive skin also. Pls advise what to do for facial hair. Jow to ride it off for ever.
Related to sex .Kya aap bta sakte hai ki shaadi ki first night ko direct sex krr sakte hai kya ? Aur pahli brr krte time kin kin baato ka dhyan rakhna chaiye ?
I am 17 years old girl and I will get very late periods why? last time I get my periods 15 march and today is 7 may I can't get my monthly periods.
Mam Maine 24 October ko condom lagakar sex Kiya tha, aur 30 Oct. Ko mc ho gai thi. Aur Ab 1 November ko v mc ho gai h Kya sex k bad mc hone k bad v pregnancy ka khatara ho sakta h.
Hello Doctor, I usually get my periods after every 23 days. Sometimes I get it after 21 or 25 days. Now as per my date I'll be due for periods on 21 June and after that I'll be due for periods on 14 July. I want to prepare periods for 4 days i.e I want to get it on 10th July. Please help me. How can I get it early?
Heavy menstrual flow also known as Menorrhagia is one of the most common form of abdominal bleeding from uterus. Everyone has different periods, some might not even notice that time of the month, while others might suffer from heavy bleeding, feeling miserable and a constant worry of leaks and stains leading to embarrassing situations. Periods are considered to be heavy if a pad or tampon is soaked in blood every hour.
Other symptoms of heavy bleeding could be:
- Passing of large clots
- Bleeding at night which requires to get up to change a pad
- Any period that lasts for more than seven days
The causes of heavy bleeding during periods might be due to fibroids (noncancerous tumors of the uterus),
ectopic pregnancy, cervical cancer, pelvic inflammatory disease, use or blood thinners and problems with intrauterine device.
If you are one of those women who suffer from heavy menstrual flow and are quite hassled by the same then worry not here are some tips to deal the your problem.
- Keep a track of the periods as in when they start and the days with heavy bleeding. This helps you to track your next period and prepare yourself well for the same
- Low iron levels can cause heavy bleeding, thus maintaining the iron levels is a good idea
- Eating green leafy vegetables and taking multivitamins helps to maintain the iron levels
- Eat fruit and food with starch to maintain a good sugar level
- Hydrate yourself as it makes you feel less grumpy and miserable
- In case of severe cramps take some pain relievers like aspirin and ibuprofen. Even a hot water bottle is a great way to chase the blues and the cramps
- Get some sleep as one feels tired before the period and the days of the period. Listen to your body and don't push yourselves. Use extra protection in case you are worried about leakage
- Try using a menstrual cup as they have greater capacity as compared to tampons or pads. Also, one does not need to carry any supplies for the day
- Don't feel shy or embarrassed to talk about your condition
- You might need professional help and want to consult a doctor. Keeping a track of your period is good as doctors usually ask for the duration of the period and how heavy were they.
If you do not feel better with these tips a meeting with the doctor can predict the cause of the heavy flow and accordingly a medical treatment can be planned.
Medication for heavy bleeding might include any one or more of the following:
- Use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen
- Hormone Therapy for stabilizing the endometrium
- Tranexamic acid to promote blood clotting
- Dilation and curettage that is scraping of the uterus is done
- Hysteroscopy is where a long scope is inserted in the vagina and the lining of the uterus which causes bleeding is removed
- Endometrial resection is where the lining of the uterus is destroyed or removed and also makes it impossible to have babies after this
- Hysterectomy - This procedure is the surgical removal of cervix and uterus (If this procedure is done then it is impossible to make babies after this)
Following these simple tips is sure to control your bleeding, but if you still face issues and problems then consult a doctor.