Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Mrs. The Mind Research FoundationYour feedback matters!
I have an headache my ears are getting burnt and I think I have a migraine problem what are the symptoms of migraine.
Sir my question is about brain tumor. Can you tell me about how stage r there in the Brain tumor And which treatment we take in initial stage.
I sometimes got vibration in my heart and body and I have remembering problem too. What should I do?
Hi, doctor I live in delhi & I am 34yr old female person. I have a tremor problem for last 4 months. What should I do?
Hello Doctor, My Mother in law is 60 Years old and she is suffering from Cerebral atrophy. We consult many neurologist and psychiatrist but we found there is not much change in her condition in fact it is getting worst day by day. Can any one suggest me the what are the risk associated with this disorder, Is it curable or not. What is the probability of recovery. Some of the common things which we notice daily like odd choices of words, the use of partial phrases, disjointed clauses, and incomplete sentences. We want to help her best. Please suggest me.
I am suffering from Migraine. Can you please suggest me any medicine so that I can get rid of the heavy pain which was unbearable.
Mera mathe ke andar dard rahta hai mathe ki skin. Utarne lgi hai. Chahare or mathe me black ho gai hai. Dard ita rahta hath bhi ni lga pa rahi hu. Chahara ki skin Puri Kali pad gai hai.
A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor's book. - Irish Proverb
Sleep has a profound effect on our physical, emotional and mental wellbeing. You must have realised so often that we feel very fresh and energetic after a good night's sleep. And when we do not have a good night's sleep, we feel tired and irritable the whole day, our productivity decreases, we are feeling sleepy, and our whole schedule goes haywire. Sleep is the time when body undergoes repair and detoxification. Poor sleep patterns are linked to poor health and those who sleep less than six hours a night have a shorter life expectancy than those who sleep for longer.
When you sleep your muscles are relaxed during sleep and some blood circulation meant for the brain is diverted towards the muscles to repair them.
A person is said to be suffering from sleeplessness or insomnia when he/she wakes up frequently during the night or too early in the morning or has difficulty in falling asleep.
Insomnia can be classified in the following ways -
1. Primary insomnia: it refers to sleep problems which aren't directly related with any health condition.
2. Secondary insomnia: it stands for sleep problems that may be caused by health conditions, medications, pain or any other causes.
3. Acute insomnia: it is also known as short-term insomnia and usually lasts for a night or a few weeks.
4. Chronic insomnia: insomnia is described as long-term or chronic if you suffer from it for about 3 nights a week for 1 month or longer.
Common causes of sleeplessness:
When it comes to causes, there are several such as -
- Pain or discomfort while sleeping
- Use of certain medications
- Interference in your normal sleep schedule
- Having heavy meals or stimulants like caffeinated drinks and nicotine
In addition, there are also some medical conditions that can develop or aggravate insomnia, such as,
How does homeopathy help in treating insomnia
Since sleep disorder is of critical concern, homeopathy treatment offers an excellent remedy as it doesn't involve any side effects. A professional homeopath first studies the symptoms of the disorder and offers remedy accordingly. These remedies go to the root cause of the problem and are not meant to just provide symptomatic relief, apart from the medicine, you will be guided about certain lifestyle changes they should make.
World Alzheimer’s Day is celebrated on the 21st of September each year. A number of organizations, from all over the world concentrate on raising the awareness about Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. Alzheimer’s disease is a very common type of dementia. It falls under the group of disorders in which mental functioning gets impaired. Life for an Alzheimer’s patients is quite difficult, but by following the following tips, you can support yourself and will also help you to cope with it.
- You have to accept the changes and accept that life will continue getting difficult. Instead of trying to cover your difficulties for protection from embarrassment, you should face the fact. You also have to accept the changes in your physical abilities and adapt to skills, which are beneficial.
- You should develop some ideal coping strategies. Try to be occupied and involved and respond to the challenges you face in everyday life. By practicing the coping skills you will be able to gain a sense of control in your life.
- Try to identify stuff. Make a list of all the tasks which seem challenging to you and try to develop coping strategies for these tasks. Prioritize your tasks and determine whether it is really necessary to overcome certain tasks. You should also strategize solutions and come up with solutions which would suit you best.
- You should set realistic goals and expectations for yourself and use the coping skills to deal with difficult tasks. In case of very challenging tasks, do not hesitate to take help.
- A daily routine or plan is required for keeping a track of several tasks. A schedule reduces the amount of time you spend to figure out something, simplifying your task and also prevents mistakes.
- Always approach one task at a time and take enough time to complete tasks. Do not give up on challenging tasks and take breaks to figure things out.
- Always remember that you have more than a single chance to solve problems. If one chance fails, you should adopt new strategies and try again and again with better assessment.
- You should identify the triggers which cause anxiety and stress. Knowing the causes will allow you to plan in advance so that you can prevent them.
- Keep in mind that your family, friends, pets, will power and prayers are sources of great strength and will help you get past any obstacle.
- You should accept help from others and do not hesitate or think about being dependent on others.
You should take the advice from your psychiatrist or from Alzheimer Association National Early-Stage Advisors in order to understand the challenges such as medications, management of schedules and dealing with emotional or relationship changes.