Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Paralysis
Submit a review for Dr. Mrs. The Mind Research FoundationYour feedback matters!
I was having severe headache, so I decided to sleep. After sleeping for about half an hour, I experienced sleep paralysis and it was horrible. I want to overcome the problem. Thank you.
My father [aged 85 yrs] had an episode of cerebrovascular attack about 10 years back.. Has been on Phenytoin Sodium 300 mg HS since then. Also Levetiracetam 500 mg OD had been added since 2010. Recently since last 2 years Clobazam 10 mg HS has been added. Currently he has been very drowsy. Can any of these medication be reduced?
I have pcod, doctor prescribes metformin, but since I have migraine problem I get severe headache whenever I have metformin. What should I do?
I am suffering from acute migraine for last 10 years. I take diclomol tabs. When I suffer from migraine. Please help.
- Breathing deeply works against onset of tension and helps combat existing tension.sit or lie in comfortable position and take slow deep breaths through Nose.let the air fill from abdomen up then let it like deflating a balloon.slow exhalation helps feel more relaxed.
- Combine relaxation exercises with favourite music
- Get enough sleeps on a regular basis
- Eat regular meals and stay hyderated
- Quit smoking as it increases inflammation and can trigger Migraines
Sometimes, I see bad dreams and while dreaming My body movement seizes. I am unable to move. It feels like I am paralyzed. I have to apply so much force to break the sleep.
I am using diabetic medicines like Metformin from several years. I am now having pain on right foot second finger bottom like thron while walking. Can you suggest any medicine. Is it nerve damage? Any medicine you can advise?
I am 25 years m, I am having poor blood circulation problems sometimes when I bend my hands or legs, they get numb without proper blood circulation and sometimes not, also when I use mobile when lying down and resting my elbows on the floor, the nerve under the elbow gets easily pressed and my little finger gets numb without blood circulation, my nerves are getting easily pressed and causing poor blood flow, I got vit b12 and vit d tests done 4months ago I had vit d deficiency, and vit b12 was normal, so I took vit d treatment also but no improvement, I HAVE SEEN ON INTERNET THAT VIT E DEFICIENCY ALSO CAUSES POOR BLOOD CIRCULATION AND NERVE PROBLEMS, SO CAN I TAKE VIT E TABS FOR 15 DAYS AND CHECK, HOW MUCH DOSE IS SAFE FOR DAILY, PLS GUIDE ME. I also have some stress and anxiety problem, whether this stress, anxiety is causing this problem, I am very much confused, pls any one solve my confusion and problem.
Sir/maam. I get severe migraine pain. How to get a instant relief because being in school it distracts me from studies.
My palm and finger shrinks quickly after a few second when come to contact with water. What cold be the reason. Please reply.
I am suffering from severe headache from few days I am scared that it is migraine so what should I do?
I am 20 years old, and I am having problems in my sleep cycle, I have lately become insomniac. I can't sleep my sleep breaks in every 15 to 30 mins and I spend my whole night in roaming here and there. I have have tried many google ways for good sleep but it's all useless, what should I do?
Hello I am of age fifteen and suffering from migraine since three years can you please suggest me an advice for my severe headache.
I am male and my age is 65 years. I can go to sleep any time after 10 p.m. without any problem but I don`t get continuous sleep for more than 4-5 hrs. I generally don`t sleep during day time. I don`t consume alcohol and don`t take tea or coffee after 6 p.m. Please suggest how to get continuous sleep of 6-7 hours. Thanks
What alternative therapies can be used to treat migraine? What alternative therapies can be used to treat migraine?
There is a distinct relationship between sleeping disorders and your emotional health, both influence each other. Insomnia is a common sleeping disorder, which is generally caused due to stress and tension. Depression and anxiety also account for insomnia. It has been proven by research that people who experience sleeplessness or cases of insomnia are at a higher risk of depression and similar psychiatric disorders.
Insomnia is an important factor which causes depression and many people affected by it commit suicide. Researchers have found dysfunctional activity in the area of the brain where emotions are processed and regulated, among people with insomnia. Their study explains the mechanism by which insomnia affects and influences emotions in people, which leads to depression and other disorders.
The ways in which insomnia affects your emotions
- There is a clear difference in the brain activities of people with insomnia when compared with normal people who get good sleep. There is usually a great difference between the activities of the amygdala, which are neurons in the temporal lobe of the brain. The amygdala is very important in regulation and processing of emotions.
- Insomnia disrupts the ability of the brain to process negative emotions.
- Neural change and problems with regulating emotions are also caused because of insomnia.
- Insomnia disables the ability of judging or sensing any kind of emotion by looking at the face of a person. It is difficult to judge emotions such as anger and sadness in people suffering from insomnia. This impairment occurs more in women.
- Insomnia and similar sleeping disorders affect our inhibition and disrupt our impulse control mechanism. An insomniac person is likely to develop increased impulsiveness to negative stimulus.
- People suffering from insomnia develop a perception towards negative stuff and perceive most things in a negative way, rather than looking at the bright side which a normal person tends to do. People affected by insomnia are characterized by a negative mood and are pessimists in nature.
- A sleep deprived or insomniac patient shows greater activity around the limbic area of the brain. This is the area where major emotional regulation and processing are undertaken.
- A person suffering from insomnia develops a cranky personality. The patient is in an irritable mood and is triggered by the slightest and pettiest of circumstances. An insomniac patient is also characterized by swinging moods, high temper and general fatigue, which result due to lack of sleep.
Insomnia is a sleeping disorder which directly affects a person's emotions and the processing and regulation of emotions. There is a direct and important link between insomnia and emotional disorders. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.