Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mrs Rajini UdayYour feedback matters!
I am having palpitation problem since last four days. I am having irregular periods since one and a half years and my gyanae told me I am having perimenopause. Today I went to a cardiovascular and he got my ecg done which is normal. He said it could be due to PMS. I problem as I got my periods yesterday after four months. He gave me an anti depressant for a week. Plshelp.
Hi, I had first time intercourse with partner, now she feels irritation by touching vagina during wash. What to do?
Sir I have sex in period. period is continues after sex. Bleeding is continuous but little bit more or less. My period date is and it ended on 29 of August. May any possibility that I am pregnant.
A menstrual cramp is something which every woman complains of for a day or two every month. Menstrual cramps are usually the pains felt in the lower abdomen, which can occur both before and during a woman's menstrual period. These cramps are caused by a hormone called prostaglandin that causes the uterine muscles to contract during menstruation. When the uterus contracts to shed its natural lining during your period it releases a hormone called prostaglandins which causes pain and inflammation. So higher the level of prostaglandins more severe the menstrual cramps.
It might be just a minor discomfort for some, but for others it can be severe. The symptoms of menstrual cramps include pain in the abdomen, pressure in the abdomen and pain in the hips, lower back, and inner thighs as well. However, if the cramps are severe you might have an upset stomach, loose stools and vomiting too.
Three out of four women experience menstrual pains and every one out of 10 women experiences severe cramps. Here are few remedies that might help in relieving the pain:
- Exercise, brisk walking or any type of physical activity can help to ease your belly pain as by being physically active your body pumps more blood, which helps in releasing endorphins to counteract the prostaglandins and reduce your cramps.
- Apply heat on the lower abdomen or the area where you feel the pain as it helps to relax the contracting muscles in your uterus.
- Improve your diet by reducing fat and increasing vegetables. However, avoid foods that contain caffeine and salt.
- Take a warm bath as it may also provide some relief.
- Add ginger in your food as it helps in lowering the levels of the pain-causing prostaglandins.
- Drink chamomile tea at least three times a day.
- Take fish oil supplements, vitamin B1 or both.
- Make sure to get enough vitamin D.
- Have an orgasm as it releases endorphins which has a pain-relieving effect and helps in boosting your mood as well.
- Include more dietary magnesium such as dry almonds and boiled spinach as it helps to ease the pain of cramps.
- Acupuncture also has an anti-inflammatory effect.
- Take a safe painkiller to reduce pain.
- Birth control pills may help relieve painful cramps, but they do come with side effects which may include spotting, breast tenderness, nausea and low sex drive.
- Refrain yourself from smoking and drinking alcohol.
- Finally, have appropriate rest.
Note: If you still do not get any relief despite trying some of these options then you must visit your doctor to rule out more serious health issues as the menstrual cramps are sometimes caused or worsened by other conditions and any sort of medications for such cramps are to be taken after consulting a Gynaecologist.
I had sex on 21st April i.e today. Which was first protected then without condom. And when we started without condom. By that time a lot of irritation has started in my vagina. I also had v thick n smelly urine. Feels like I did it for the first time. Also it was the 6th day of my cycle. My cycle started on 16th of this month.
One of the most dreaded diseases of all times, Cancer has often been presumed to be incurable by a lot of people. Unfortunately Cancer driven deaths have grown in number, significantly over the past few years. Despite the fact that medical science has made substantive progress in the realm of cancer research, the mortality rate continues to be fairly high. Consequently, a lot of people have been seeking alternative therapies. Homeopathy is one such avenue that many would vouch for. The treatment of Cancer can be quite successful with Homeopathy, often in conjunction with allopathic medicine in advanced cases.
In early stages, particularly with breast and prostate, the success rate is close to 80% with compliance by the patient. Homeopaths often approach cancer treatment by combining homeopathic remedies. Certain approaches aim at terminating the tumors while others attempt to heal the eliminative organs of the patient as well their entire constitution. Although there has been a fair number of effective cases, homeopathy still has not emerged as a stand-alone remedy for cancer. Because much of success with homeopathy, however depends on the skill level of homeopath and resources of patient to heal on all levels.
There are two ways of treating any CANCER through Homeopathy treatment -
One is by giving medicine after considering particular symptoms and pathology report, which will give temporary relief. Generally this type prescription is given for treating Acute or Advanced Cancer conditions. Most frequently recommended medicines for cancer are Arsenic Album, Hydrastis, Condurango, Conium, Belladonna, Vinca minor, Taxus baccata etc.
Second is giving the medicine for the entire constitution or personality (Holistic treatment) that means giving the medicine by considering mental, physical, emotional as well as social state of the patient to cure the primary cancers completely. Here, they consider the cause of diseases, modalities of symptoms, Back ground Miasm of the patient etc.
Risks and complications:
Homeopathic remedies are extremely safe and they have no harmful side effects. Homeopathic treatments can prove to be harmful if they are taken up by excluding other necessary therapies or diagnostic tests. To avoid such complications, it is advisable to consult a homeopathic practitioner who can discern between merging symptoms and symptoms related to your healing process.
A pain in the neck or back can restrict movements and hamper your lifestyle. These are both common pains that may or may not be a symptom of a more serious illness. Neck pain can be caused by a number of factors including stress, whiplash, inflammatory infections, mechanical disorders and metabolic disorders. The main causes for a backache are vertebral column diseases, spinal cord infections, abnormal posture, heavy lifting etc.
Homeopathy is one of the most holistic forms of treatment that can be used to treat pain in the neck or back. Homeopathic treatment has no side effects and is based on individual mental and physical symptoms showcased. Homeopathy do not address the pain itself but treats the underlying cause thus ensuring that it does not recur.
Some common homeopathic remedies for neck pain and backaches are:
- Calcarea Flour: This is used to treat pains that arise from the hardening of cervical glands. Such pain tends to deteriorate in cold weather and worsens when the patient is lying down. Heat can be soothing to such backaches and neck pains.
- Bryonia: This is used typically to treat backaches that are worsened by any movement and for a stiff back. This sort of back ache is often relieved by resting or lying on a hard surface.
- Arnica: Arnica is an excellent remedy for pains that follow an injury. When it comes to backaches and neck pains it can be used to treat soreness and straining of ligaments. It is also beneficial against the feeling of being bruised.
- Fluoric acid: This can be used to treat rigidity and a feeling of stiffness around the nape of the neck. Such pain is often associated with numbness of the neck and forearm.
- Hypericum: This is a useful homeopathic remedy for compressed injuries and nerve pain. It can be used to treat back aches caused by disc compression, canal stenosis, myelopathy and radiculopathy. Hypericum can also be used to treat jerking muscles.
- Kali carb: If your back feels weak and you experience sharp pains, Kali carb may be help alleviate your pain. Such pain is usually associated with a burning sensation and causes excessive sweating. Kali carb is also suited to treating backaches during pregnancy. You can also take the package for Reducing Joint/Muscle Pains.
Along with medication, try maintaining a good posture to help reduce neck pains and backaches. Avoid lifting heavy weights and travelling long distances. Applying hot and cold packs over the area can also help reduce the intensity of the pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized homeopathy and ask a free question.
Hello doc, my wife's age 25, she is pregnant. She have one month and 17 days of pregnancy. We take her to doc, she said to ultrasound, we did. But report said baby's growth is less by one week. Now what will we do. To grow the baby. Tell me some diet or other things pls.
Dear Doctors. Someone I know, who need your help please - she had a swell and pain on her right breast. After a while swelling went off, however she still feel the pain. Already consultant a doctor, went through all the test. Doctor have asked a inch and half sort of tissues layer found, but it's not so critical. Hence requested to revert after a gap of 15 days. Hoping it's not breast cancer (and she's unmarried yet, age 38). Please advise wisely!
My question is my wife some time suffer from period issue like she suffer from more blood during her period. Is this normal or any physical problem? thanks.
Hi, Mera period date August 12 hy my September 9 Ku pregnancy test kari second line lite aye kya meri pregnancy conform hai na ya phir 12 k bad test karu. Please suggest me. Thanks.
Suggest feasible contraception methods other than condoms. And the details. I know about the monthly pills. What are their market names and how do they work? Thank-you.
How many days after of periods a male can get sex with female without condoms and there will not be chances of pregnancy.
I am 16 years old. I had my first period 3 years ago. Recently On first day of my period the colour of blood is brown and the flow is less. It is heavy on second and third day and then it again decreases on fourth and fifth day such that it seems too negligible. Is this due to deficiency of iron or hemoglobin?
I am suffering from light periods this month. Due to iron deficiency because I lost heavy blood clotting last month. And moreover, I am having irritation in my vagina when the blood comes out, especially in the morning time along with a foul smell from my urine. Which was not there earlier. Please suggest me any syrup for iron deficiency and help me out from this situation.
You only have one heart, and it works for 24 hrs a day. It never sleeps, so you have to treat it right if you want to keep it pumping for years to come. For a healthy heart, you have to boost nutrition, flavor and color in your meals and snacks. A variety of fruits and vegetables are good for your heart. Always try to eat foods that are in their natural form, as they come from the ground.
Find out how these 10 foods may help lower your risk of heart disease.
1) Fresh Herbs like oregano, basil, rosemary and thyme are full of antioxidants. They are full of flavor and use them liberally to replace extra salt, oil and sugar in your food.
2) Red Wine: before you read on, a caution is that too much alcohol actually is bad for your heart. Sipping a unit of red wine a day may be good by giving you two very powerful antioxidants in restorative and catechist. These can help you to increase your HDL cholesterol while lowering your risk of damage to arterial walls and subsequent clot formation. However, alcohol may be a problem when you are already on aspirin or other medications. Check with your doctor first if you have had a history of heart disease.
3) Salmon: The american heart association calls it a super food and recommends at least two servings of salmon in a week. You can have it baked in a foil with herbs or add with veggies in your salad. It is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and helps to correct rhythm disorders of the heart and reduce triglycerides and blood pressure. These properties also hold good for tuna fish and one must choose canned tuna in water or brine instead of oil.
4) Extra Virgin Olive Oil: though any kind of extra oil is bad for your heart, if you need to take in some oil, then extra virgin olive oil has a lot of heart saving properties. Only one should not use it for frying or over heating the veggies. It is good when tossed over salads or used sparingly over boiled or cooked vegetables.
5) Walnuts: a handful of walnuts, say 50 grams a day are full of antioxidants and fiber. They reduce inflammation of the arteries and reduce cholesterol. However, they also have high calorie content so one must be careful about the quantities consumed.
6) Almonds: Almonds are full of plant sterols and reduce the blood ldl and are good for diabetics. One must eat them raw for full benefits as cooking or roasting them may kill some of their beneficial properties.
7) Tofu is a high source of soy protein and can be added to soups or marinated or sauteed with vegetables for its goodness. It has a lot of heart healthy minerals and polyunsaturated fats.
8) Sweet potato is a good substitute for white potatoes especially useful for people with diabetes and heart disease. It has a low glycemic index and prevents sharp rise in blood sugar after meals. One can bake it and sprinkle with cinnamon and lime juice to make it super effective.
9) Oranges have potassium and antioxidants to lower the blood pressure and improve the vessel wall function.
10) Carrots are full of fiber and are one of the top heart saving foods by controlling cholesterol. Add them liberally in your salad or munch them raw for their power packed action.