Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Speech Therapists in India. You will find Speech Therapists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Speech Therapists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Learning Dysfunction Disorders
Treatment of Hearing Disorders
Language Presa Treatment
Language Stimulation Treatment
Language Therapy Treatment
Oral Motricity Surgery
Treatment of Speech Impairment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Therapy Oral Language
Submit a review for Dr. Mrs. A.srividyaYour feedback matters!
My father is facing quite a lot problem in speaking and swallowing (solids and semi solids) His words are not clear and the jawline muscles are contracting when he is chewing. Is it similar to parkinson. We have consulted a neuro but there no relief. The medication has been taken for almost 2 years now. Is parkinson curable?
My 27 years old autistic son is non verbal. He is having Autism. How can I develop his speech. Is there effective medicines for developing speech of the autistic?
I want to pursue my future in music but my voice isn't good enough, I lose breath easily, my tonsils are enlarged and get infected easily, I smoke, my voice is very big, I need to get my voice to change and make it sound like a professional singer, I am ready for surgery, allopathy, homeopathy anything. Please help, thank you.
My voice frequency is very low. When I am talking to someone he/ she understand very late what I am saying. Please suggest
Hi dear sir, I am suffering from stammering problem from childhood and I don't want cure completely at least I need speak with confidence please sir i am begging please help me sir.
I have stuttering problem. It avoids me from talking to people. It really affecting my professional life .Kindly help get rid off this.
Dr. I am stammering too much. Does that stammering have treatment or operation. I really worried about it so much.
A large number of people in the world suffer or has suffered from speech disorders like stuttering or stammering at some point in their lives. Stuttering or stammering is the involuntary disruption or interruption in speech where certain sounds are prolonged or words are repeated. Speech disorder can cause a lot of problems in terms of personality build up and causes anxiety in people. Every activity of the body is dealt or controlled by the nervous system and the brain. Thus the proper functioning of the body is the sole responsibility of the brain and any glitch can affect the functions to a certain extent.
What are the symptoms of speech disorders?
- Words are repeated
- Prolongation of words or silent blocks
- Hesitation while speaking
- Difficulty while starting a word or a phrase
What causes speech disorders?
- Genetic problems
- Stress, Shame and Anxiety
- Embarrassment and nervousness
- Loss of control while speaking
Ayurvedic remedies to overcome speech disorders:
- Brahmi Oil: It is a stimulant that is known to calm your mind and boost the function of the brain. Take 10 ml of the oil and warm it. Cool it down to a suitable temperature and apply to your head when it is lukewarm, half an hour before going for a shower. You can also apply it before going to bed and shampoo the morning after. This is more effective.
- Black pepper, almond and sugar candy: Take black pepper, and make a paste out of it. To the paste, add 7 ground almonds and mix it with sugar candy. Consume this paste every day for at least a month.
- Amla: It is an effective remedy, especially in children to stop stammering. Also known as Indian Gooseberry, it should be chewed on to slowly every day.
- Cow's Butter: Also called as ghee, it is responsible for brain development and is known to increase memory. Add this ingredient to your food.