Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mradula PandeshwarYour feedback matters!
Hi My skin there was black dots and also my back was pain from last 2 weeks so I want good solution.
I have scars and spots in my face. My face is darker than my body and my skin is oily. Which is the best face wash or cream to overcome this.
I am loosing my hairs everytime I comb they fall and when I shampoo they fall uncountably. Please help me.
I am 23 years old girl. I have hairfall problem. My hair r very thin. I lost my hair volume. I am very test. I tried so many things but don't get results. I want longer, thicker,manageable and appealing hair. How?plz give me suggestions or diet chat plan. I do. Help me.
I am facing peeling skin on my shoulders and now spreading in full arms. What could be the possible reason and treatment?
I getting itching in my anus since a year yearly morning, give me a solution for that thank u, 5 years back I have foods but I am not take any medicine, now major problem is itching my anus, kindly help me.
I have tried many face wash and creams but still I am suffering from the problem of pimples. What should I do?
hello. I am alex n ihav a problem of hair loss earlier I use to hav a lots of hair and now want a solution hw to gain it back.
I have many pimples on my face I have tried all face washes but they do not go please tell what I do?
I am 16 years old and I have pimples all over my face. When I was younger I used to pich them and now there are dark black spots over my face. Can anyone help me?
My eyes are red and my face becomes black by day by day. I slept 4 to 5hours because of business. So what to do to get my face brighter?
I have started the problem of hairfall. They have became so weak that sometimes I feel that even if I pull them it may get pulled off. Is it because of masturbation. What may be other reason according to you. Plzz reply sir.
I am 25 years old man. My question is I am loosing my lip skin daily, always chapped lips. After blood report I found out iron content & vitamin D is low. I am still having problem of lips after taking iron content pill also. Please doc help.
I am a 43 yr old male. Recently had my right index finger hurt and had a little inflamation. I went to an orthopadecian in my area who adviced antibiotics and painkillers, along with vitamins. My finger became alright but within the first four days the foreskin of my penis started becoming hard and leathery. I enquired on the net to find that this may have happened due to antibiotics, also I found that creams used in athelet's foot is good for the same & have to do so twice daily. I have done so till date for five days and the foreskin has become soft. The problem is that I cannot uncover the skin still & that it itches some times. Please advice any other pill or procedure to recover soon.
My colour is black and firstly it is white I mean to say firstly my colour is white and now I become black due to dust so advise me what should I do.
Diagnosis of tuberculosis is based on a combination of clinical features, smear examination of sputum where available, tuberculin skin testing or Mantoux test, chest X-ray and Histopathologic / cytologic examination as appropriate. Common clinical features are weight loss, persistent fever and /or cough of more than 2 weeks duration and history of close contact with another Tuberculosis patient.
Mantoux test also known as Tuberculin skin test is used for the detection of infection by Mycobacterium Tuberculosis bacteria. The test consists of slowly injecting a liquid intradermally (superficially within the layers of the skin) on the forearm, leading to formation of a raised vesicle which should be easily visible to the naked eye. This liquid, used in India, is Tuberculin PPD RT 23 strain. Tuberculin is a glycerol extract of the Tuberculosis bacteria. This is one of the two WHO accepted standard tuberculins, apart from PPD-S. In India, where the prevalence of tuberculosis is high, the recommended dose of this liquid is 0.1 ml of 1 TU (TU stands for tuberculin units) .1 TU is the strength of the liquid mentioned on the vial. This liquid is usually administered by a very tiny syringe, usually of 26 gauge. (Needle diameter).
Please click on the link to watch a video demonstrating how this procedure is performed.
Test principle : The individual who has been infected with Tubercle bacilli responds with a hypersensitivity reaction at the test site in the form of induration. Induration is the palpable raised hardening of the skin, while erythema refers to redness of skin. Only induration is clinically significant and measured after 48 to 72hours following injection. Diameter of the Induration is measured by a scale in millimetres perpendicular to the long axis of the forearm.
Interpretation of the tuberculin test
- Size of induration 15 mm and above : - signifies infection with tubercle bacilli
- Size of induration 10-14 mm : - could be due to infection with tubercle bacilli, BCG induced sensitivity, or due to cross reaction with other environmental mycobacteria.
It is more likely to be attributable to infection with tubercle bacilli in case of history of contact with smear positive case of pulmonary TB, clinically confirmed TB OR X-ray consistent with active TB.
- Size of induration 5 -9 mm: usually non tuberculous in nature generally
- Size of induration <5 mm : indicates absence of any type of mycobacterial infection.
Precautions during this procedure :
- If a raised vesicle does not appear it means that the liquid has been injected too deeply, and the test should be repeated on the other arm. If the same arm is used the injection site should be should be separated at least 5 cm from the first injection site.
- Occasional patients may experience severe allergic reaction to the tuberculin PPD
- Larger the size of the induration, higher the probability of presence of infection with tubercle bacilli.
- Almost all reactions with induration more than 15 mm maybe considered attributable to infection with tubercle bacilli.
- Formation of necrosis (ulcer) at the test site, indicates high degree of tuberculin sensitivity and suggests presence of infection with tubercle bacteria.
- Tuberculin reaction may be suppressed (falsely low) in presence of immunosuppressive states. Like HIV, malnutrition, patient on steroid therapy etc.
- Mantoux test is generally not recommended for infants less than 12 weeks old. If the test turns out to be positive, then it is significant, but if the test is negative, then the test needs to be repeated again.
- The tuberculin test detects only the presence or absence of tuberculosis infection. The presence of infection is not synonymous with disease. It simply means, that even if you have tuberculosis infection in your body, as detected by positive Mantoux test, it does not mean you have active Tuberculosis in your body and require anti tuberculosis drugs in all cases. The clinician will correlate your mantoux test result with other tests ( as mentioned at the top of the blog) to give you a final picture.
- For more such interesting articles please visit my blogsite www.doctors4patients.com