Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Red Eyes
Treatment of Dark Circle
Treatment of Eye Pain
Treatment of Conjunctivitis
Treatment of Black eye
Treatment of Eye Itching
Treatment of Eye Infection
Treatment of Tearing Eyes
Treatment of Eye Burning
Treatment of Myopia
Treatment of Eye Allergy
Treatment of Poor Eye Sight
Management of Blindness
Treatment of Dry Eyes
Treatment of Cataract
Treatment of Squint
Treatment of Watery Eyes
Treatment Of Glaucoma
Submit a review for Dr. Monika NagarYour feedback matters!
I am a 21 years old boy and my I always have pain in my eyes and head whenever I concentrate hard what should I do?
How to increase height and gain weight naturally? How to get white skin tone? How to increase eye sight? Please Suggest me natural ways.
When I read books with the specs on I feel as if the pages are getting uncomfortable to read and also tears falls out automatically. Also I find it hard to look in the sky during day time.
I am 20 year old and have night blindness by birth and nystagmus. I want to know weather there is a treatment for these diseases are available in India.
I have been experiencing itchy and watery eyes since last fortnight. I do wash eyes with cold water to overcome itchiness, but after sometime experience it again. Is this allergy or any serious condition? Please advise!
I have a problem with my eyes day by day my eyes is getting reddish I can not do any work when eyes became reddish can I know symptoms for that and precaution.
Sir I am having eye problem. Firstly it started from June. And I took medication from doctor then it reduced and now it started again. Before that I want to precisely state few points that before June 2016 nearly 2 years I waited for colleges from Usa and I got in November 2015 and for some constraints I dropped down. At that time I forcibly put down my sleep at 11 pm and 12 am. And for consultant of Usa colleges I used to sleep at 3 or 4 am. And I got jetlagged at 3 am to 4 am and used to wake up at 11 am in the morning. And in June I got burning sensation in my eyes because of vigorous computer browsing for colleges and replying mails and for Usa universities negotiations now I got an admission in a reputed college in hyderabad. Now the problem here is from 8 am to night 12 pm I use to sit in front of computer and after 6 pm at practice time I am getting mild eye pain and headache and I can't concentrate on studies. Please give me solution and exercise if possible and food diet as well. I am a pure vegetarian. Thanks.
What is the cost for zygoma cosmetic surgery. I want flat under eye area, and is this safe? And how much is the healing time needed.
While red bloodshot eyes may look worrisome at first sight, it is not a cause of concern all the time. There are benign, short-lasting bouts that will disappear on their own to serious medical reasons that could require intervention.
Listed below are some common causes and ways to manage red eyes.
- Conjunctivitis: The most common cause of red or pink eye is a conjunctivitis infection of the membrane covering the sclera. The blood vessels are irritated and give the eye a red hue. This is contagious and very common in children, needs to be treated with antibiotic drops based on the cause.
- Allergy: Be it pollen, dust, dander, or some other chemicals, eyes could be sensitive to it and get inflamed and take on a red color. This can be treated with a combination of prevention by avoiding exposure to the allergen (which causes the allergy) and some antihistamine drops if required.
- Contact lenses: Extended or improper use of contact lenses is the main reason for red eyes in contact lens users. There is reduced lubrication, increased accumulation of dust and microbes if the lens is not removed at frequent intervals. Removal of the lens and visits to the doctor are important things for managing it.
- Computer Vision Syndrome: With people spending a large amount of time staring at computer screens, tablets and phone screens, the dryness in the eyes increase, thereby, leading to red eyes. The reduced blinking when working on computers also affects the condition. It is therefore very important to take conscious breaks to stare away from the monitors and use special glasses if required. In some cases, eye drops may also be required.
- Occupational Hazard: For people working outdoors, conditions such as dust, heat, smoke, and dry air increase the chances of red eyes. Reducing exposure as much as possible and use of protective eyewear is extremely essential.
- Dry Eye Syndrome: The tear glands are a constant source of lubrication for the eyes and also cleanse the eyes from the minute dust particles and other irritants. For various reasons, the tears produced may not be sufficient and can lead to red eyes. Artificial tear substitute could be used for managing this.
Some benign reasons like swimming, smoking, lack of sleep, pregnancy, common cold also produce bloodshot eyes. On the other hand, corneal ulcer, uveitis, ocular herpes, glaucoma, and other medical conditions could also lead to red eyes.
If it persists for more than 2 days, is painful, and is associated with discharge or sensitivity to light, it is important to seek medical help, especially if associated with injury or trauma.
Related Tip: "Natural Remedies For Better Eyesight"