Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I had an ectopic pregnancy and I've been taken methotrexate injection on 20/9/16. I am having body pain since two days. My question is how long will this pain continue and when can I expect bleeding.
I have been diagnosed with right ovarian cyst,fatty liver and right renal simple cyst. Right ovary cyst measuring 51x24 this is the scan report of today.what to do
I m 25 year old married my periods date is 27 means today and me and my husband just plan for baby on date 20 to 24 but my periods start today I want a reason why its a wrong day or I have some prob please clear me getting tense and please guide me to plan a baby in right time.
Coriander leaves are largely used for seasoning and in chutneys across india. Its seeds are also used in making regular indian dishes, giving them a distinct flavour and fragrance. What a lot of us might not know is that it has numerous health benefits.
Some of them are as follows.
1) Coriander assists in increasing milk flow for better breastfeeding.
2) As a culinary spice, it also negates any chance of food poisoning.
3) Essential oils cineole and linoleic acid which are present in coriander enable it to help reduce arthritis and rheumatism.
4) Coriander is also effective on conditions like swelling due to kidney malfunction or anemia.
5) It has antifungal, antioxidant, antiseptic, disinfectant and detoxifying properties which make it useful in curing skin problems like dryness, fungal infection and eczema.
6) It has certain acids which are said to be very effective in reducing levels of cholesterol in the blood, along with reducing the level of bad cholesterol all the while, raising the levels of good cholesterol.
7) Borneol and linalool found in coriander aid reducing diarrheas, digestion and proper functioning of liver. It also fights against salmonella bacteria
8) It is also used to prevent stomach disorders, vomiting and nausea.
9) Consumption of coriander assists in reducing blood pressure in many people suffering from hypertension.
10) Coriander also has antiseptic properties; it heals ulcers of the mouth and wounds.
11) Being high in iron content, coriander is highly beneficial for those suffering from anemia.
12) It protects against urinary tract infection.
13) Coriander is rich in phytonutrients and flavonoids too.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
From lybrate: if you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over Whatsapp, Facebook and other media.
Nobody wants to be around a dirty or unhygienic person. This is true for children and adults alike. The former can become targets of bullying while the latter may find themselves socially ostracized. Good hygiene not only enhances your overall appearance but also helps prevent diseases and infections, apart from letting you steer clear of unpleasant psychological issues.
Following are some of the major reasons why you must maintain a good personal hygiene:
- Social reasons - You'll hardly find a person who wants to be talked about, particularly in a negative manner. By keeping your body well presented and clean, you can be assured of projecting a confident body image that mirrors your personality.
- Psychological reasons - By being clean and well groomed, you can feel more optimistic, especially in your social circles. Your probability of succeeding in social settings, at work or even in the case of romantic liaisons is likely to get enhanced with good personal hygiene.
Hello doctor i have a male child who born in 2003 now we are again plan for a baby but having obstacls i have low sperm count and my wife have some hormones problem she had manustral problem what to do Please reply
Hi I'm 35 years old and had sex last week my period was due today but I haven't got it . I took the test yesterday and today but it's showing negative . Am I pregnant ?
Before five days of getting period I will have stomach pain occasionally and find white thing In vagina. Is there any problem. We r trying for baby no good result. Give suggestions.
Is I can and prega news are reliable for pregnancy test and does ingestion of sperm leads to pregnancy. Sir and madam please explain the above.
Infertility is defined when a couple is unable to conceive after six months to one year of trying despite having unprotected sexual intercourse frequently. There are various factors that contribute infertility. The latest research states, of every 100 couples reporting to fertility clinics, 40% are cases of male infertility, 50% are of women, and the remaining 10% of both partners being infertile. According to doctors, stress and infertility are co-related terms. Here are some of the points that will give you an idea how to find out the problems related with infertility.
Many couples become stressful after diagnosed with infertility. Women are more stressed than men. women of 32, working with an MNC, had experienced miscarriage due to stress. She could not get pregnant even after going through IVF treatment. Couples who are trying to get pregnant have additional stress.
Several studies indicate people who work in night shifts are affected more with infertility as compared to men working in day shifts. Their biological clock is poorly disturbed. These people usually sleep during the day. They damage their health further with smoking, caffeine and other drinks which they take during working hours in order to keep themselves awake. Stress at work, sitting for long hours, also contribute reduction in low sperm count.
Factors contributing to stress which causes infertility may also include marital disturbance, job or business stress, financial losses, personal injury or illness, death of a close family member and late marriage.
I want to know the reasons for irregular menstruation cycle. I want to know the healthy diet for increasing my hemoglobin and blood purification.
Can iui be done if the follicle size is 22*24 or its become a cyst already? Are there any chances of pregnancy in this case?
Sir, My wife have fertility problem due to overian cyst in both side of her overies. Plsease tell me best treatment for the same. ?
The body has multiple chemicals called hormones, which regulate many of its functions. Increased or decreased levels of these hormones affect various functions including metabolism, growth and sexual functions. Thyroxin produced by the thyroid (situated in the front of the neck) is one such hormone, which has a significant role to play in metabolism.
Graves’ disease is one of the main causes of hyperthyroidism, where there is excessive production of thyroid hormones. Graves’ disease is an autoimmune disorder, wherein the body reacts against its own tissues. It is very common in women than men, especially after 20 years of age. Family history also has a strong correlation in developing Graves’ disease. The high levels of thyroid hormone increase the rate of metabolism, thereby altering weight, mental energy levels, physical stamina, and also mood.
Thyroid hormone is related to metabolism and more amount of it lead to higher metabolism. This causes the following symptoms.
- Intolerance to heat
- Excessive sweating
- Nervousness and anxiety
- Inability sleep, as the mind is always excited
- Increased appetite (sometimes despite weight loss) due to higher metabolism
- Irregular menstrual cycles
- Palpitations (rapid, loud heartbeat)
- Irregular heartbeats (tachyarrhythmia)
- Fine tremors of the extended arms
- Breast enlargement in men, known as gynecomastia
- Extreme moodiness, causing irritability and anger
- Inability to focus and concentrate
- General fatigue and shortness of breath with any exertion
- Increased frequency of bowel movements
In addition, the eye symptoms are quite diagnostic including:
- Protrusion of the eyes (exophthalmos), giving an impression that they are going to fall out
- Double vision
- Excessive tearing
- Increased irritation in the eyes
Diagnosis: The first symptom would be the presence of an enlarged thyroid gland (front of the neck above the collarbone), and the some of the above symptoms would be present.
In addition, tests to check for thyroid gland functioning including T3 and T4 levels would reveal increased amounts of hormone in the blood stream.
As a confirmatory test, the radioactive iodine uptake test also is done, which will indicate increased uptake by the thyroid gland. This indicates that the gland is functioning at an increased pace and requires additional iodine for the production of thyroid hormones.
Treatment: There are two approaches to it, one to control the symptoms and the other to control the thyroid gland per se.
- Beta blockers are very useful in controlling rapid heart rate and anxiety.
- Prednisone may be used to control eye irritation and swelling
- Antithyroid drugs are used to control the production of thyroid
- Radioactive iodine is given orally to control excessive thyroid production
- In severe cases, thyroid gland may be surgically removed partially or completely
Graves’ disease is not life-threatening and once symptoms are controlled, the patient’s quality of life improves drastically.
The last few decades have seen obesity has grown as the new social evil. One of the major culprits is the reduced physical activity and sedentary lifestyle that has become the norm. It is therefore not surprising that weight loss is on everybody's personal goals. In a lot of cases, ironically, the methods and techniques have involved turning the clock back, what was being done a couple of decades ago. Let us look at using stairs for example. From an engineering point of view, elevators and escalators were a major focus area in the 1900s and 2000s. However, now, stair designs that are easy on the body are the highlight.
Let us look at some facts related to weight loss and climbing stairs. These should provide you sufficiently good reasons to start using the stairs next time when you have a choice.
- Fact 1: Climbing stairs help burn more calories per minute than jogging. It is declared as a 'vigorous exercise'.
- Fact 2: Climbing a step helps you burn about 0.2 calories and going down burns 0.05, so to burn 1 calorie, all you need to do is go up 5 steps or go down 20 steps.
- Fact 3: However, though the number of calories burned is less by going downstairs, the muscles and joints used for getting down stairs are different. Using stairs to go up and down should be regularly practiced.
- Fact 4: Climbing stairs require about 9 times more energy than sitting and about 7 times more energy than required to take the lift.
- Fact 5: For going up or down 3 to 4 flights of stairs, taking the stairs helps save about 15 minutes of valuable time (most of it waiting for the lift to arrive).
- Fact 6: Regular use of stairs safeguards you against heart disease, diabetes, muscle weakness and stroke.
- Fact 7: Endorphins are released when you climb stairs, which also induce a feeling of well-being.
- Fact 8: Overweight people burn more calories by climbing stairs.
- Fact 9: Taking one step at a time in more beneficial than taking two at a time. Calories are burned gradually, but more efficiently.
- Fact 10: Climbing stairs is eco-friendly as well, as it reduces carbon emissions. Just another reason why you should avoid the lift!
Hi m 31 years old I had sex with my bf 15 dys back immediately I had ipill and after 15 days I got period, and but my period is very very light first day I got spot and 2nd day I got hardly few blood drop may I know there is worried? Plx advise I am tense?
I am 30years female I am 8 months pregnant its my first baby what can I do for normal pregnancy plss suggest me.
In India, we move from one festival to the next. Lohri is the first major festival of the year and is celebrated in most parts of North India to mark the waning of winter and the harvest of Rabi crop. Lohri celebrations are characterised by blazing bonfires, folk dance and songs and trays filled with rewri, peanuts, popcorn, gajjak, sarson ka saag and makki ki roti. Unlike traditional mithais that go along with all other festivals, these foods are in fact healthy. Here are a few of their health benefits.
- Rewri and Gajjak: Rewri is a hardened toffee like sweet made from jaggery and sesame seeds. Jaggery helps regulate digestion and internal temperature, cleanses the blood and helps prevent problems like acne, joint pains and menstrual problems. It is also a rich source of iron and has anti-allergenic properties.
- Sesame seeds: Sesame seeds are rich in copper, zinc, iron, calcium, phosphorus and manganese. These nutrients help promote healthy bones, boost immunity, reduce stress and fight free radicals. This can help reduce chances of osteoporosis and slow down the ageing process. Sesame seeds are also said to have the ability to reduce the risk of many types of cancer.
- Peanuts: Peanuts are a rich source of folate, manganese and essential amino acids like tryptophan. This helps regulate blood sugar, metabolise fats and carbohydrates and helps the body to absorb calcium and promote healthy joints. Pregnant women can benefit from peanuts as the folic acid in them can help reduce the risk of giving birth to a baby with congenital defects. Peanuts can also help prevent gallstones and help regulate mood swings. Peanuts are also great for the brain as the vitamin B3 and niacin in them helps boost memory. These nutrients also help reduce bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol levels. Hence, peanuts reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Popcorn: Unlike the popcorn you enjoy at a movie hall, popcorn that is eaten at Lohri celebrations is free from butter and added flavouring. On its own popcorn is a rich source of fibre and has a very low calorific value. This makes popcorn a good snack to eat between meals. Popcorn is a whole grain snack and is rich in anti-oxidants called polyphenols. This can help protect the body against cancer, heart disease and other diseases caused by free radicals.
To make your Lohri even healthier, don’t just sit around the bonfire and warm your hands, Get up and dance to the beat of the dhol and burn all the calories you’ve been eating.