Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mohd. Irshad Ahmed
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Mohd. Irshad AhmedYour feedback matters!
The neck and shoulder have a huge range of movement and thus they are more prone to injury. The ball and socket joint at the upper arm is the shoulder and both the neck and the shoulder are made up of soft tissues, muscles and ligaments.
Reasons behind pain Injured rotator cuffs:
Rotator cuffs are the tendons supporting the shoulder. If they are injured it might lead to a chronic loss of the range of movement. This is more commonly known as a frozen shoulder.
- Dislocation: Dislocated disc of the neck or shoulder due to an accident would cause severe pain in the affected area.
- Fractures: Fractured collarbone or the upper arm bone may result in chronic pain.
- Tendonitis: This occurs due to the over usage of the arms or neck or strains due to over exertion like in sports.
- An unstable shoulder joint: If there is instability in the ball and socket joint of the upper arm, chances of having a chronic pain is high. Others: Degenerative arthritis, herniated disc, and even heart attacks can be the other possible causes of chronic neck and shoulder pain.
When to go to the doctor?
When the patient experiences a pain due to a severe blow or injury, the neck pain radiates down the legs and arms, a feeling of numbness and tingling sensation, or has a stiff neck with fever or vomiting, it is essential to seek the advice of a Doctor.
Diagnosis for shoulder and neck pain X-ray:
The main form of diagnosing a pain is an x-ray. It helps to reveal diseases from arthritis, tumour, slipped disc, narrowing spinal cord, fractures and spinal cord instability.
- MRI: Magnetic Resonance Imaging or simply the MRI reveals the detail of nerve-related issues along with the problems in the ligaments and tendons.
- CT scan: There may be instances when the injuries are difficult to be diagnosed. And, in the case of a fracture, a CT Scan is advised for more details. It is also an alternative to MRI.
- ECG: An Electrocardiogram is a way of diagnosis if shoulder and neck pain continues along with chest pain or shortness of breath. If there is a risk of an individual having a heart attack, then an ECG is recommended.
- Electro Diagnosis: Electromyography referred to as EMG and Nerve Conduction Velocity (NCV) are used to diagnose pain in the arm, neck, shoulder followed by a numb feeling on the affected areas.
Treatment for chronic shoulder and neck pain
A simple sprain on the neck and shoulder would demand a rest for a few days along with pain medication. If the pain is due to muscle spasms application of dry or moist heat may provide relief. In the case of a swelling due to injuries, a cold ice pack 4 to 8 times a day will provide immense relief. Patients might be advised a cast or sling for the shoulder pain. The soft tissues in the neck and shoulder can be treated with pain relievers taken for a few days. Muscle relaxants are also prescribed depending on the severity of the pain. Local corticosteroid injections are helpful for shoulder arthritis. Platelet rich plasma injection is another modern treatment for arthritis or tendinopathy. In some situation, radio frequency procedures are very helpful. Exercises are very effective for both neck and shoulder pain movement. Surgery might be an option if nerve roots are affected.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 37 year old, I have back pain in last 4 and 5 disc level with compress of cussion. Also my leg pain.
am having back ache from 2 year am 23 years old. So what can I do tell me sir. That problem only occurs at morning wake up time only after some time that ache will disappears. So what action can I take sir.
Hi I am sathish of 17 years old, I have severe legs paining problem from nearly 2 years back and also some backbone pains. So tell some suggestions.
My grandfather has arthritis in his joints of legs and hands also. He walks with a walker, recently his lower back bone is replaced because of fracture in the bone. Now he walks but he has some pain in joints so what should I do?
Sir two months ago my knee got twisted during playing I had a MRI test on my left knee with doctor consultant. The report is saying that my ach ligament is bulky and heterogeneous with partial discontinuity of the proximal fibres with intact tibial and femoral attachments suggestive of high grade partial thickness tear. I am able to walk but unable to jump because of pain. Doctor is advised me for arthroscopy surgery soon. Please guide me what to do. Is surgery is essential, total time I need to recover fully after surgery. Or any home remedy to recover from this.
I am 45 years women and have back pain last 4 years haven't got any relief what should I do now? Please help me doctor?
Hi, I have shoulder pain, 2 years back my wife operation done in back side head to solder due the tuberculosis. But now every day she is feeling pain or have that side. So what can I do?
Most paralysis is due to strokes or injuries such as spinal cord injury or a broken neck. Other causes of paralysis include?
Cupping therapy is an effective treatment for many diseases. This case puts some light on the effectiveness of cupping therapy to treat psoriasis. This case demonstrates the efficacy of cupping therapy in treating psoriasis. However, more research and trials are needed to fully elucidate the effectiveness of this therapy for all types of psoriasis with varying degrees of severity.