Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Jaw Orthopedics Treatment
Knee Braces For Osteoarthritis Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mohd. Irshad AhmedYour feedback matters!
I am 64 years old and working in senior management position. I have been suffering from lower back pain. I have done physio therapy and regularly doing exercise but pain continues especially while getting up fro bed in the morning or getting up from chair after sitting for sometime.
How long does it take to get rid of ligament injury of my wrist. I have been suffering since 2 years. I have got physiotherapy. But that is of no use. Any remedy. It started when tripped off while playing.
I am suffering from back pain from three year and I feel so very bad. Can you suggest what should be done.
Hello. Doctor Am having a breathing problem and while breathing am getting a hard pain at my backbone can't walk and sleep, it is paining a lot.
Im suffering from sexual problem and digestive problem feeling end of days. Need my life back. Please provide me proper direction to consult doctor.
Hi, I am 19 years old. And I have problem of neck pain When I do my work like writing or sitting on computer my neck starts paining a lot why is this happen and how to overcome this please help me.
I have a pain at back side what should I have to do can anyone suggest me what kind of medicine shud b taken please help me.
I often get muscle pulls while running in spite of warming up and stretching before and after running. Could you please let me know how to cure muscle pulls through natural cure?
I have played football and cricket in january and from that time my hamstring muscle of both thighs are in pain and was not able to walk at that time for 5 days. I hve tried many pain killers but unsuccessful. Slowley it is almost over but now when I walk more it again pains and lasts for at least 4-5 days. Please help.
I am 28 years old I have joints pain and back pain almost all the time. I am not on any medication or pain killer. Used to drink alcohol, but from past 3 years I am not drinking it. Please suggest best treatment possible. Thanks.
Hello doctor, i am a 40 years female suffering with adhesive arachnoiditiesis there is any treatment available for this problem ?
If your kid is affected by Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD), it is important for you to know about the best ways of dealing with the condition. Muscular dystrophy consists of group of diseases, which result in the weakening of muscles along with reduced flexibility. DMD accounts for being the most common type of muscular dystrophy. It occurs because of flaws in the gene, which controls how your body keeps the muscles healthy. This disease affects boys and the symptoms start appearing from early childhood.
There is no specific treatment for DMD. However, there are several ways, including medicines and therapy, to deal with the symptoms and to protect the muscles.
- Several steroids such as prednisone help in slowing down muscle damage. Children taking this medicine are able to walk for two to five years longer than they would usually do. Lung and heart functions are also improved.
- DMD leads to heart problems and hence, you should take your child to a heart doctor for regular checkups until the age of 10.
- In some cases, a surgery may be required to fix their shortened muscles, for straightening the spine, or for treating a heart or lung problem.
Taking care of your child
If your child has DMD, it does not mean that he will have to refrain from activities such as school, sports and spending time with friends. By sticking to the right treatment plan, you will be able to make your child active.
- Stand and walk: Being in an upright position will keep your child’s bones strong and the spine straight. You can get your child braces or standing walkers, which will help him in terms of balance and mobility.
- Eat right: Although there is no special diet for DMD, several food items should be taken for preventing problems related to weight. Your child should eat the proper amount of food with a proper balance of nutrients and calories regularly.
- Stay active: You should ensure that your child exercises regularly. Regular stretching exercises help in keeping the muscles and joints limber, which makes him feel better. You can avail the help of a physical therapist for an exercise schedule.
You can look for and join local support groups associated with DMD, as other families living with DMD can be a source of good advice and understanding about life with DMD.