Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pulmonologists in India. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mohan Rao K.nYour feedback matters!
I have cough from last three days due to which I can't focus on my wowork properly my head is also acheching can please tell me some remedies for this.
I am 25 year old preparing for IES. I am suffering from shortness of breath since last year. Last year it was not as that must as now. It is gradually increasing day by day. It felt like i'm unable to take complete breath then I start yawning forcefully after some time I feel that yes now I am ok. I am very uncomfortable in this situation sometimes when m on my bed and if face this problem then I have to sit and then try to take breath again and again. May be my heart need more air I don't know please help me out. And yes I neither smoke nor drink.
My 20 year friend has asthma. What is the effect of using an asthma preventer long-term? I heard that using it for years might cause bone shrinkage. It is true or not? Are there any vitamins or supplements to help vision?
My child had cough and fever post Consulting with Dr. he is not feeling good with cough. What should I do?
I am 45 years old, every day when I go to sleep then I realise sum breathing problems & when I go to walk then I feel sum truble on my breast i. E. Breathing, pain, want to drink etc then I take rest & it has clear. So, what should I do for it.
My Mother is a T.B patient and she is suffering of tuberculosis from last year.At this time she is feeling the pain of back side.she still could not recover so please tell me what should we do?
I am 37 years old male and having continuously sneezing problem and watery discharge and cold problem especially in morning and night. I takes Telekast-L medicine almost regularly to control my sneezing problem. If I take regularly the Telekast L Tab (Elopathy medicine) then it controls otherwise once again the same problem starts. Please advice me?
Hi doctor. My son is 6 months old and his weight is 6.30 kg. He was born as pre term at 7 and half months. My concern is that he is getting cement colour or sometime palak colour motion from last 1.5 months. He was admitted in hospital in may month as he got pneumoniae for 10 days and also 2 weeks before he was suffering from cough issue whom medicines were given by Doctor. He is ok now with cough and cold issue but this motion thing is still not sorted. Is this any issue? Kindly suggest.
I'm having breathing problem. I feel like I cant breath, or uneven breathing. Sometimes sweat and feel hot, vertigo, feeling of getting faint, and cant sleep either. I have asked physician and he prescribed montelukast tablet, avamys nasal spray, and some one a month injection related to nasal infection or something. But it doesnt seem to help. And Its been 8 months. I have done spirometry test and thetest says i'm fine.
You only have one heart, and it works for 24 hrs a day. It never sleeps, so you have to treat it right if you want to keep it pumping for years to come. For a healthy heart, you have to boost nutrition, flavor and color in your meals and snacks. A variety of fruits and vegetables are good for your heart. Always try to eat foods that are in their natural form, as they come from the ground.
Find out how these 10 foods may help lower your risk of heart disease.
1) Fresh Herbs like oregano, basil, rosemary and thyme are full of antioxidants. They are full of flavor and use them liberally to replace extra salt, oil and sugar in your food.
2) Red Wine: before you read on, a caution is that too much alcohol actually is bad for your heart. Sipping a unit of red wine a day may be good by giving you two very powerful antioxidants in restorative and catechist. These can help you to increase your HDL cholesterol while lowering your risk of damage to arterial walls and subsequent clot formation. However, alcohol may be a problem when you are already on aspirin or other medications. Check with your doctor first if you have had a history of heart disease.
3) Salmon: The american heart association calls it a super food and recommends at least two servings of salmon in a week. You can have it baked in a foil with herbs or add with veggies in your salad. It is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and helps to correct rhythm disorders of the heart and reduce triglycerides and blood pressure. These properties also hold good for tuna fish and one must choose canned tuna in water or brine instead of oil.
4) Extra Virgin Olive Oil: though any kind of extra oil is bad for your heart, if you need to take in some oil, then extra virgin olive oil has a lot of heart saving properties. Only one should not use it for frying or over heating the veggies. It is good when tossed over salads or used sparingly over boiled or cooked vegetables.
5) Walnuts: a handful of walnuts, say 50 grams a day are full of antioxidants and fiber. They reduce inflammation of the arteries and reduce cholesterol. However, they also have high calorie content so one must be careful about the quantities consumed.
6) Almonds: Almonds are full of plant sterols and reduce the blood ldl and are good for diabetics. One must eat them raw for full benefits as cooking or roasting them may kill some of their beneficial properties.
7) Tofu is a high source of soy protein and can be added to soups or marinated or sauteed with vegetables for its goodness. It has a lot of heart healthy minerals and polyunsaturated fats.
8) Sweet potato is a good substitute for white potatoes especially useful for people with diabetes and heart disease. It has a low glycemic index and prevents sharp rise in blood sugar after meals. One can bake it and sprinkle with cinnamon and lime juice to make it super effective.
9) Oranges have potassium and antioxidants to lower the blood pressure and improve the vessel wall function.
10) Carrots are full of fiber and are one of the top heart saving foods by controlling cholesterol. Add them liberally in your salad or munch them raw for their power packed action.