Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Mohan Raj VYour feedback matters!
Mere teeth me thora sa pilapan hai .use kaise dur kre .regular brush bhi krta hu Colgate visible white se? Yaa aur koi paste ho jisse jhaldi pilapan hat jaaye yaa med. To btaye?
From long time my mouth is getting very dry and due to which my inner skin of my mouth is coming under my teeth. I drink lot of water but problem remains the same. I done a sugar test and the level of my sugarpp is 70, I have started taking medicine but problem has not been soved. Please suggest.
6 and 2 year ago I gone thru RCT for theo tooth but I didn't fixed up CAP so now I can't eat well as food stuck in the drilled part, can I implant new tooth replacing those treated tooth.
I am 28 years old male. From last 2 month bleeding from my 2 tooth, I take some medicine. Now it stopped. Can you tell me the reason and take action that not happen again.
I have got tooth decay at the age of 11-12. Now I am of 20. It pains very much. What should I do? Please suggest.
whenever I eat something more more my teeth satt paining idk how. I brush wit colgate n yahh I like to eat food. Sruu very much.
Hi doctors, a inside part of my lower tooth has broken, so I think the tooth can affect from inside. Actually there is no pain and my exams are started and will continue for at least a month. So I don't want any pain. I was asking if there's temporary treatment to reduce the effect on this part till my exams Complete.
I brush daily then too I feel sensitivity in teeth after eating sweet and cold things. What should I do?
Dear sir/ madam, I have a tooth decay problem at initial stage so. What should I do now and my teeth are in yellow color, what should be my next move.
Dr. I'm 30 year old woman. Dr. Bina sapplemant ke mera peth saaf nahi hota hai aur mujhe bad breath ki problem bhi hai please help me..
I have mouth ulcer many times. I use smile ucler but after sometime I received the same. I also use orasap gel too. please help to cure permanently.
Hyperdontia is a peculiar and quite rare dental problem which involves the growth of excess number of teeth. It can appear during birth and last till the primary teeth fall out to be replaced by the permanent set of teeth, or appear with the rise of the permanent teeth. If a person shows a tendency to grow more than 20 temporary teeth or more than 32 permanent teeth, he or she suffers from hyperdontia.
Where do the additional teeth occur?
The additional teeth or supernumerary teeth can appear anywhere inside the mouth or dental arch, but the most common ones are called wisdom teeth and they grow as anterior molars after a certain age. Extra teeth in new born infants are called natal teeth. Occurrence of more than 4-6 supernumerary teeth is rare, although there have been known cases of more than 30 supernumerary teeth.
Why does hyperdontia occur?
1. Hyperdontia often occurs in association with a few select disorders like cleidocranial dysplasia, Ehler - Danlos syndrome, Gardner syndrome, and cleft lip and palate.
2. Although the exact cause of hyperdontia has not yet been discovered, some studies have shown that it might be a result of over activity of dental lamina during the phase of tooth development in infancy.
3. It could also possibly be due to genetic or environmental factors.
What problems does it pose and how can hyperdontia be corrected?
1. The existence of extra teeth often causes problems in speaking.
2. It may also cause deformation in the mouth region, and impediments in a lot of other functional activities like eating.
3. In rare cases, the extra tooth/teeth may be agents of tumors or cysts.
4. Therefore, treatment must be swiftly undertaken so as to remove the extra teeth and prevent rise of further teeth in the same spot.
5. Sometimes, hyperdontia also leads to overcrowding and misshapen rows of teeth; this can also be corrected with extensive procedures.