Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
I have been working as a software engineer for the last three years and thus have a continuous sitting job. As a result of which I have developed severe lower back and neck pain, the pain is also accompanied by numbness in both the hands. Since the last two years I have been moving to and fro with doctors each having his different theory. Vitamin D deficiency, nerve compression, chronic fatigue syndrome are the different reasons which doctors have suggested. I have been taking Vitamin D supplements, medicines to heal nerve pain and doing meditation sincerely for the last two years but nothing has helped. Please advise some solution. I am 25 years old and feel pitiful of myself because of these issues.
I am 19 years old and I have pain in my back bone from 1 month please give me any solution I also eat the pain killers but I get the relief on ly for few hours.
I am 22 years old male I have pain in backbone from last 4 months I have take medicine in that during I feel relief after stop medicine pain is continue. The pain is start after turn around 120 why should I do?
Hi, Good morning Saturday I did squat exercise, after next day onwards I had upper thigh pain, not able to walk, while sitting.
I am 17 years old and I have pain in my knees I weigh 78 kilos I have tried many pain relief ointments but it didn't work can you suggest me some remedy.
I am having back pain issues from 3months have tried various tablet from medical shop but could not find any good result. What should I do?
Taking knee replacement surgery to the next level
When the world is driven by technology, can we as surgeons can be far behind?
Let's see what does technology has to offer to a knee replacement surgeon?
Precise alignment and balancing of the new knee implants is imperative for its long time survival - that's where technology kicks in. The computer helps us to accurately define the axis and the angles so that your new knee fits well and is placed within millimeters of defined scientific parameters. It reduces the chances of human error towards the placement of the new knee implants. If the implants are not aligned well it leads to pain, poor function and early loosening and failure of the surgery. This technology has lead to an improvement in the precision factor of the surgery and made the results more predictable and reproducible.
How is it different from the conventional/regular knee replacement surgery and what advantages can you derive from the procedure?
A number of benefits can be derived from computer navigated knee replacement surgery such as:
1. It enables us to make smaller incisions with minimal soft tissue dissection occurring as well. As a consequence, there's greater protection of your quadriceps tendon and muscle during the procedure which helps in early rehabilitation.
2. Bone cuts are more precise in nature as well as are reproduced in a highly clear manner imparting greater accuracy and fit of the implant.
3. In a computer navigated knee replacement the ligament balancing is done in a highly precise manner which ensures the longevity of the new knee.
4. It eliminates the need to place a rod inside the intramedullary bone canal of the thigh bone, thereby, decreasing chances of postoperative bleeding and embolism.
5. In complex cases involving deformity of the thigh or leg bones due to previous fracture, excessive bowing, and trauma implants such as plate and screws in situ, traditional alignments systems are difficult to use. In these cases, computer navigated knee surgery is the most preferred method as all these doesn't pose any challenge.
The outcome is a better performance of the replaced knee, both short and long-term in nature.
Related Tip: What kind of treatment does your knee pain require?