Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. MohanYour feedback matters!
I am 48 yrs male having ESR 42. Having Knee and Neck Pain please suggest me to consult which speciality Doctor.
I hv a lower back pain, sometime it occurs on the top also, it ache a lot that I can't even sleep in d night time, it happens for about 2 months Pls suggest me something that I can get rid of it.
I am 29 years old. I am from bangladesh. I have a problem with my backbone. I have slipped disc. I have been suffering from this since 2011. I consulted with some local doctors. They prescribed me with some exercise but no improvement till now. I feel that a bone or two is/are displaced somewhere my waist. I need expert suggestion.
Hez having badly pain in his lower back bone while sitting. Some of his friends are saying its bcoz of having sex 2-3 times a day daily. Was it true? What to do for it?
My father aged about 57 years is suffering from swelling in both foot with pain. His recent uric acid level is 6.80, hb% 11.60. Kindly suggest a remedy and medication.
I'm suffering from severe knee pains I consulted a doctor but the medicines aren't working for me what should I do now to control pains.
Good Day, I am 37 Years old male and Married. For the past year I have been having itches in my fingers and the fingers swollen for a day. The swelling subsides. This happens in different fingers and sometimes in the palm. I was prescribes Montilukast and allegro tablets. When I take these tablets I do not have any of these symptoms. But after the tablets are stopped, then the itching returns in couple of days. Please help me for a solution to this. I have been taking thyroid supplements for the past two years and do not have diabetes to BP.
Yesterday I felt severe Pain at my lower back and right side of body from stomach to knee. It's looks like muscle inside is stopping me to walk and stand. Today nothing is experienced. What's the reason behind this. Is sitting for an almost of 2hr can cause this issue or what will be other issue.
Sir two years back I met with Accident by motor bike my left was little bit twisted but when I approached doctor he said there is no damage in your knee but when I walk speed or for long distance my left leg knee tilts aside and gets pain what should I do now.
Knee placement and operation.(both) Wish to know the cost. Candidate is Female age around 68 years - highly diabetic. Pressure normal. Please reply
I am suffering various joints pain, fever frequently. Than I test vitamins D3- 26.35, eat-22. I want to know it's any major illness or not.
Hi I have pain in lower back from last 3 years. An Ortho. From Artemis Hospital Gurgaon told me that there is some problem in L5-L6 disk and I should get it changed. I am not feeling the pain on regular basis. Sometime, it is more than 15 days without any pain. However, there are times when I am unable to get up from the bed without any help. Please suggest what should I do.
I am 32 year old male. During match I fell down in ground. My left knee was twisted and have pain & swelling in knee joints area. Recently took mri its grade 2 acl tear. Wht I want to do. There is little instability in my day to day activities.
A neck strain and sprain is not a serious injury. However, they can still cause significant dysfunction and pain.
Causes of Neck Strain
The anatomy of the cervical spine is such that it not only houses, but also protects the spinal cord. Along with this it supports the head and allows it for mobility and motion. But this area, which allows the spine to be flexible can also leave it vulnerable for injury.
Triggers for the onset of neck muscle strain can be:
- Too much time spent in an uncomfortable position, such as humping over the steering wheel while driving, bending over the computer monitor, talking on the phone while placing it in the crook of the neck.
- Sleeping on a very high or too firm pillow can lead to an uncomfortable position of the head thus leading to the strain of the neck
- Carrying heavy objects on one side of the body
- Any trauma that might have impacted the neck, such as an accident, whiplash or a fall that might have had a head landing
Most events of a neck muscle strain or the soft tissue sprain, such as the tendons and ligaments lead to stiff neck along with pain in shoulders. There is also pain and difficulty in moving the neck or head.
Neck muscle strain remedies
Minor strains in the tendons, ligaments and muscles of the neck usually heal within a day or two. But till the symptoms subside, there are a few self care remedies that are effective in reducing the stiffness and pain. These are:
- Application of cold or ice packs: The cold reduces the inflammation, which in turn allows the strain to heal. This ice pack should be applied for 20 minutes interval in the first 24 hours.
- Application of heat: Heat helps in bringing the nutrient rich blood to the affected area in order to stimulate a healing response. Moist heat as well as heat from a hot shower or bath can be used. Some people might find relief from applying heat wraps such as thermacare.
- Over-the-counter or OTC medications: Anti-inflammatory medication, such as naproxen and ibuprofen reduces inflammation, thereby leading to the reduction in pain. Pain relieving medicines such as acetaminophen can also be taken as this reduces the perception of pain.
- Massage of the affected area: A gentle massage in the affected area helps in stimulating the blood flow of the area which in turn helps in a quick healing.