Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
1) does acquired nystagmus cause eye strain eye pain or headache? 2) is there any very common phenomenon which cause involuntary eye moments and eye strain/ headache and vertigo except nystagmus?
I am 58 years old with Diabetic History of 15 years. During my routine check of eyesight I am told that I have catract in priliminary stage. My doctor says it is better to get operated in early stage. is this correct.
I use a Google's and my lens is 2.5 but it is decreases daily by daily so what is the solution by maitness the eye lens.
My father 64 years old has edima in eyes. He has been through 2 doses of avastin and 3 doses of ozurdex in both left and right eye, still the edema comes back. What could be the reason? he is diabetic but blood sugar levels are very much under control. Protein loss through kidneys have also been tested and no such exists, please advice.
My eyesight are 6/6 and in right eye 6/12 since 1 year and my dream is to be a pilot in IAF .they required 6/6 in both so for fuffil my dream please tell me that how can I make my eyesight 6/6 without glass.
I am 26 years old, and now a days facing problem with my eyes, as I work on computer a lot eyes blink a lot more then usual.
Dr, I am suffering from eye problems I feel like my eyes are drying and I do have specs number 3.0 and 3.25 and I wear specs daily still I suffer from this problem. Kindly Please do help me.
What are the post lasik surgery precautions that should be taken and if eye prescription still deteriorates what shall be done, do I opt for another surgery? Is it advisable.
I am 36 years not able to sleep since 3 days. I am traveling 40 kms every day and getting my eyes in ref color please suggest solution.
I am a teenager. I'd been feeling back pain while resting on bed everyday. It started a long time ago. I don't know how it started. I used to use computer for about 14 hrs a day. Please tell.
I have spectacle and the number goes on increasing every year. What should I do to reduce my number?
I am suffering from CNVM in eyes where new blood vessels grow over retina and rupture leaving waste materials there. This left me almost blind in left eye 15 years before. Since 2012 same problem appeared in right eye but it is now under control after 7 avastin injections. I have to go for follow up in every 3 months. Is there any ayurvedic method of treatment to cure the condition? Please suggest
I felt very uneasy with some gastric problem and I went and net one gastroenterologist and after endoscopy he said there is a pre-pyloric ulcer and gave me esomeprazole tables to take every morning. But even though I'm taking the tablets I'm feeling very heavy in the stomach mainly after eating food probably the gas due to very slow digestion of food. Yesterday evening I drank one glass of buttermilk and I vomited it in the night. What should I do now?
With technology at your fingertips, it is hard to think of times when the existence of laptops and television sets was unimaginable. Technology is common enough to be taken for granted in present times. TV and laptops are especially in widespread use. The primary reason could be entertainment, an urge to connect to the larger world, or the need to kill time. Such dependability leads to severe health hazards. Read on to find out more:
Effects of TV and laptops on your health:
- Sleep deprivation: Long hours of exposure to artificial light can lead to sleep deprivation.
- It can also lead to serious vision problems: Watching TV or using laptops for long hours can make your eyes vulnerable to constant glare. You fail to realize, but changing lights of a computer screen or of a television set in a dark room can be extremely strenuous for your eyes to adjust. Constantly changing lights can lead to glaucoma. However, dry and itchy eyes, headaches and poor vision are the commonly noticed effects.
- It causes obesity in children and adults: Since all your work can be done on the internet, you tend to become lethargic. You are too lazy to go to the market or to the bank. Even if you are not watching you use the television for background music. Adults therefore do not make qualitative use of their free time. Children are addicted to playing games and browsing sites on the laptop. They hardly indulge in outdoor games. This leads to obesity in adults and children all the same.
- Propels your desire to eat fast food or packaged food: Binge eating is a very common practice while watching TV or using laptops. Chips, pizzas, burgers, ice- creams, cold drinks and absolutely anything junk devoid of nutritional value are more liked by us. Junk food not only leads to weight gain but is also detrimental to our digestive system.
- Can increase the risk of infertility in men: Laptops heat up when used for a long span of time. This heat can increase scrotum temperature which results in reduced sperm production, leading to infertility.
As is said, nothing in excess is good for your health. It is therefore, best to make controlled use of TV and laptops to avoid its harmful effects.