Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Mohan N SYour feedback matters!
I am 20 years old. I am facing back bone problem. If I bend a little for more time it makes my back pain.
I am suffering from back pain. In a scanning report I had disc problem. So how can I overcome that problem. what remedies to take.
Sir my name is rakesh and I am 30 years old and before some time I joined zyme and doing exercise but when I leave the zyme sir my calf is pain everyday so I want some give me advise so that my calf do not pain.
I am 54yrs old female. I am suffering from osteoarthrosis of left knee joint. Recently the pain there have become unbearable. Please advice how to overcome.
I am 64 male 171cm 70kg person. I feel pain in my left buttock whose origin seem to be near to my belt round towards left. Docs say it is due to slip disc l4l5 but I suspect it is due to some impact injury I remember. I can lift leg forward move briskly and do not feel running pain in whole left leg. Could you suggest what to be tested in this context ?
I AM 53 YEARS OLD, diabetic, HAVING BACK PAIN FOR ONE WEEK, I AM APPLYING ointment. IT BRING RELIEF FOR FEW HOURS. I DO NOT TAKE ANY MEDICINE FOR BACK PAIN. What medicine I have to relief from the pain.
Sir I have suddenly pain in my hand and it occurs automatically I tried medicine bt nothing happen please help me sir.
Mera accident ho gaya hai or ghutne mein chot aayi h. Per 5 din se dard kam nahi hua h. Jab hilta hai to dard hota h kya karu?
I am 47 yr male and am having frozen right shoulder since 4-5 months, initially it was very painful but now moderate but am unable to do many activities, please advise.
I am 40 year old I am suffer from shoulder pain from last 3 month. While playing volleyball I am slip. What should we do?
Spinal pain cannot bend plays foot bal every day but cannot take attain because of the pain. Is it any disease.
If you are suffering from arthritis, it is important for you to know about how it affects your knee and other joints. Arthritis is a chronic, systematic inflammatory disease which damages your joints and connective tissues. Your knee is commonly affected by arthritis and there are three primary types of arthritis that occur in the knees. They include osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and post-traumatic arthritis.
Types of arthritis
The different types of arthritis affecting the knees occur due to different reasons. Osteoarthritis is a progressive condition, which wears away the joint cartilage over time. Rheumatoid arthritis is an inflammatory condition, which may occur at any age. Post-traumatic arthritis occurs after an injury is inflicted to the knee and may occur several years after a ligament injury or knee fracture.
- Arthritis pain may occur all of a sudden, but commonly develops slowly. In the early stages, the pain is observed in the morning after you have been inactive over the night. Pain is likely when you want to move around. Pain may be experienced even when immobile.
- Periodic inflammation is a common symptom of arthritis of the knee. This happens because of the formation of bone spurs or excess fluids in your knee. The swelling gets pronounced after being inactive for a long period. The skin on your knee may look red and feel warm while you touch it. This may lead to chronic inflammation, which is very difficult to manage.
There are several ways of treating knee arthritis. The mode of treatment depends on the severity and cause of knee arthritis. NSAIDS or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are commonly prescribed for dealing with arthritis pain temporarily. Other medicines used for knee arthritis treatment are as follows:
- Analgesics, which help in pain reduction act as good alternatives to NSAIDS.
- Corticosteroids are used for reducing inflammation.
- Certain DMARDs or disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs are used.
Certain injections that are used for helping with knee arthritis. They include:
- Hyaluronic acid supplements, which ease the pain and inflammation by lubricating your knee joints.
- Corticosteroid injections also soothe inflammation and pain.
You may also require a surgery for dealing with knee arthritis when other modes of treatment fail. The most common surgeries are as follows:
- Total joint replacement, where your knee is replaced with a prosthetic made of metal, plastic or ceramic.
- Osteotomy, where the knee bones are modified for controlling pressure and damage in the knees.
- Arthroscopy, where an incision is made in the knee for removing damaged parts.
It is recommended for you to consult a doctor, if you experience any symptom of knee arthritis. Early treatment will prevent the condition from worsening.