Find numerous Veterinarians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Veterinarians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Veterinarians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatments For Birds
Neurosurgery In Dogs And Cats
Services For Birds
Treatment For Reptiles
Veterinary Dental Prophylaxis
Veterinary Surgery Soft Tissue
Submit a review for Dr. Mohan KumarYour feedback matters!
My 9 year Spitz dog was suddenly attacked by another much bigger dog nearby my house. Immediatly my dog cried loudly and I found that its forelegs are trailing. Although I am getting treatment from a Vet docter but no releafe is observed. My dog is unable do fully strech its fore legs please guide.
Dear sir/mam, I don't know what's wrong with my doggy, actually he's a country breed but he won't look like it. Very friendly in kind. But for the past few months he wasn't eating his diet well. Always looking dull, non-energetic, tired. Also he's having some itchy probs on both the sides of his ear.Because of non taking his diet he's looking very lean. Please help me on resolving this issue, thanking you
Sir I have a golden retriever puppy of 30 days old nw it has fleas on it nw I afraid weather they will be gone by anti fleas powder or they will not.
I have a rottweiler puppy about 70 days old got problem in his rear legs i.e lameness. As one Dr. Told me that he got ligament problem in his rear legs. He got this problem after about 50 days. Before that he was alright. Now could you please guide me what is best solution for this problem.
My German shepherd dog 4 month old suffered with swelling in leg near elbow. No issues in walking, playing with others dog, eating etc.
Hi. My pug is 5 months. Shedding a lot. And please let me know what should I make him eat as he is very fuzzy and just likes eating boiled chicken 2 times a day. Is it safe for him to have daily chicken. Or what else I should try feeding him. Please suggest.
My pomarian dog had aa infection on skin early now he a injury on under the neck due to scorching too much on that point so can we use betadine.
My dog keeps itching and under her arms are red and she has rashes on her paws, ears and her private, im nit sure if its a yeast infection or an allergy, what can I do to get rid of it?
- leptospirosis is around and can cause lethal liver and kidney disease in dogs.
- water logging in metro cities can be a source of such fatal infections. Transmitted via urine of rats/dead rats --> Dogs can readily become infected despite vaccinations.
- common in farms too, wherever there is rat population.
- leptospirosis is a contagious to humans as well, and infected dogs, their urine becomes an important carrier for humans.
- initial signs include vomiting, jaundice, reduced urination, kidney failure.
- if not identified and treated early, it can become fatal.
- early diagnosis and specific treatment can save your pet.
- proper precautions and hygiene can save your family from exposure.
- do not let your pets walk through, or drink from water puddles.
Please speak to us for more information on this.
Have a safe monsoon!
I need suggestion for my pet. My pet dog is speech. Age: 1year 8 month. Weight 4 or 5kg. My question is my dog never eat food and not feeling hungry. I force my pet to eat but she just eat half of food of a small bowl. And some time she eat 1 time of a day. And now he getting sick and losing weight everyday. Please help how can I make my dog fell hungry? Is there any medicine or treatment for dog that make her feel hungry? Please suggest me what to do.
My dog is 16 year old yesterday he wake up in the evening his neck is tilted and silva comes out from his mouth frequently. Now doctors says its a paralysis attack. So they gave him some injections and ib drip. Of glucose and saline but the condition is still same he is not able to sleep, eat and walk he trying to walk but goes down after 4 -5 steps. Please advise something so he can recover fast.
My Labrador dog is been affected by bugs.And now it's became a wound. What medicine should i give him? Please suggest some medicine that is available in Kerala
Hi I have a pair of guinea pigs one male and another female so female's upper tooth are broken and she not eating any type and now near condition is very serious so please help me doctor
Rough hair coats, diarrhea, malnutrition progressing to intestinal obstruction, and anemia are common issues with worms. We want to feed our pets - not the parasites. That is why we deworm dogs and cats. Don't wait until you are sure your pet has parasites because they have already caused damage at this point.
STRATEGIC DEWORMING GUIDELINES
Strategically deworming dogs and cats is a practice recommended by the American Association of Veterinary Parasitologists (AAVP) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
DEWORMING PUPPIES AND KITTENS
Worms in puppies and kittens are common. This growth phase of their life is when they are most susceptible! Knowing when to worm puppies and kittens is important.
• Deworm puppies and kittens at 2, 4, 6, & 8 weeks of age, then again at 12 & 16 weeks of age.
• Deworm again at 6 months and 1 year.
• Then deworm as an adult.
ADULTS - WORMING DOGS AND CATS
We are recommending the standard here. If your dog or cat is a big hunter, they will need more frequent deworming - you must assess the risk for your pet.
• General Dog or Cat Worming: Thrice a year for life.
o Dogs put everything in their mouth and need deworming twice a year to eliminate the parasites they will pick up. Deworm outside cats thrice a year for the same reason.
• Cats that are strictly inside animals: Deworm twice a year.
• Cats that like to hunt: 3 times a year may be necessary.
NEWLY ACQUIRED ANIMALS
No matter what the history or age, assume they have parasites!
• Deworm immediately and repeat in 2 weeks.
• Then put on the above adult program.
WORMS IN DOGS AND CATS
• Roundworms and Hookworms
• Roundworms, Hookworms, Whipworms & Tapeworms
• Tapeworm, Roundworm & Hookworms
I need a pet doctor because my 3 month old pet dog is vomiting and suffered from fever. Please help.
Hello My Rabbit died yesterday for no Reason, He was OK till evening but suddenly at 6'o clock he couldn't stand he tried and failed I took him to vet doc, But my rabbit died in Vet Clinic before Checking He Tried to stand too hard and Breathing by month but He couldn't stand for a minute and in two hours he died Please I want to know Why he died?
My pet 6 months old golden retriever in fed on golden retriever junior royal canin and the vet has suggested some human supplements like feroglobin and calicmax is it safe for him ?
I have parrot at my home. N he seems to have something stuck in his throat. He is not able to it anything. Whatever he its he tries to take it out. By moving his head on my finger. This happens every year. This problem is nt permanent but every year this happens. He is 7 year old Indian ringneck parrot. He eats carrot, all type of seeds, peru, boiled rice n many other things. please help Regards.
It is not unnatural to find some lumps or bumps on your dog’s body, particularly when the dog is approaching its senior years. These growths are among the most common issues found in older dogs. But it can also happen to the younger ones. It is natural to be scared and have doubts whether it is a tumor or a lump or is it cancer. As a dog owner, therefore, you must understand the different types of lumps, bumps and growths on the dogs so that you can consult with a reputed veterinarian without delay.
1. Understanding the lumps, bumps, and growths: The veterinary doctor would refer to an unknown lump as a tumor in a general manner. This term do not indicate the malignity or benignity of the tumor. These terms typically indicate that an abnormal growth of tissues has taken place inside the body which has a shape or is a mass. There is no reason to panic in case your vet says that there is a growth or something of similar significance.
2. Getting the right diagnosis of the lumps on dogs: The dog owners are most likely to notice growth on the dogs while taking it for routine grooming or while petting it. When there is a new growth or tumor on the dog, it is safer to consult with the veterinarian who can carry out a thorough checkup. He would discuss the medical history of the dog which may include daily lifestyle, diet, signs and symptoms of illness and then a physical examination will be performed. It is important to note here that sometimes, the growth may not be noticeable and this is the primary reason why taking it out to an experienced veterinarian is crucial. The expert would be able to find visible masses while carrying out a routine examination.
3. Testing the mass or lump on the dog’s body: When there is a lump or growth on the dog’s body, it is important to carry out some tests such as complete blood count, urinalysis, radiographs revealing signs of metastasis and internal abnormalities, ultrasound, CT scan and certain advanced diagnostics.
In some cases when the lump can be easily accessed, the expert may recommend you to take your dog for a fine needle aspirate which is performed by inserting a small needle into the mass and drawing back the syringe. A little amount of tissue gets accumulated in the syringe which is then tested to determine the character of the lump. When the fine needle aspirate test is not effective, usually a biopsy is carried out under general anesthesia or mild sedation where it is cut out surgically or the entire mass is removed following surgical procedures.