Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mohan Kumar NYour feedback matters!
I am 21 years old. I have 6 months baby. I give breast milk. Minimum and maximum How many years I have to give breast milk? Please tell me.
Mansi( name changed) is a young 27-year-old epilepsy patient.her seizures are under complete control since the past two years yet her family wonders as to why do she continues to be withdrawn, low on energy and cry's often. Empirical evidence and research have drawn a link with depression post-AED (Antiepilepsy Drugs).
Depression is comorbid with epilepsy.It can proceed epilepsy.It can post an epilepsy attack.Social factors also play a role in its occurrence.
Here it is essential for family members to be empathetic and supportive towards the patient.
My son 12 years he is studying in class 5. His height is not increasing. He looks like class 2 student and he always suck his left thump. How can we improve his growth normally looks his actual age.
My son 18 months old not taking adequate food kindly advice me starting some health drinks like pediasure.
My 51 days old baby is crying continuously at night pls suggest remedy if she has ear pain or stomach pain and how can I identify that.
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated?
Sir what is the blue baby syndrome does blue baby syndrome occurs in the adult male and female also along with the child?
Respected sir my kid who is now 5 and a half year old was detected with bilateral relfux. His treatment is going under local expert doctors. We are not satisfy with the results till now. The condition is getting worst day by day. His bilateral urinary replacement is done. Still with his latest report we found that he has protienosis +, acidosis +, high blood pressure, and serum creatinine is 1.1 mg. We are just so worried and cant think of something else than his health.
I have two children, one 8 years girl and another 4 years boy. please suggest me some health drinks for them.
My 2 yr old son s refusing to eat and drink milk. He s havng pain in teeth which are coming nd had ulcers on tongue.. visited doc in da morning he prescribed a gel zytee .. n a syrup monocef -0 100 . He had fever in da morning 101.1. Pls help me out any home remedy..
Sir, my wife is 22 yr old. We have a female baby of 2.5 year old.* she has inserted by copper t before 6 months .At present we are going for family planning by tubectomy. The people say after few years these ladies will suffer by by many diseases related to uterus etc. What may be the safety measure .please suggest.
Hello doc my daughter is 5 year's old and her weight was 27 kg height is good. As per pedestrian all is okay but really i'm worries please help me to remove this conditions thanks.
Hello sir, my son is of 2.5 years old. He often get stuffy nose and cough immediately which lasts for 3 days of severity in cough with wheezing. He will be hospitalized to reduce that, this happens sometimes more frequently in about 10-15 days. No doctor has said the exact reason, I am much worried about that cough as that will be continuously dry cough and he can't even speak.please help
My son is 7 years old. He is having stomach ache, loose motions and vomiting. He had motions and vomiting twice since this morning. He was fine yesterday. He went on School trip day before. Please advise.
I have 5 months old baby, she is on teething n now she is facing problems like frequent motions which is now green in color n 100 fever. What shud I do?
Early childhood is a time when the brain develops rapidly and nutrition is an important part of healthy brain development. It is important for children to eat a variety of foods that can provide them with the proper intake of carbohydrate, protein, good fats, minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. There is a very strong mind-gut connection; therefore focusing on the food you choose to complete the nutritional needs of your child can make a great difference in their brain function.
Certain foods are better for our brains than others, these brain foods may help boost a child's brain growth and even improve the memory and cognitive development.
During infancy, the amino acids and fatty acids in breast milk are ideal for optimal brain development. The brain continues to grow throughout early childhood and children who do no consume a balanced diet are at risk of developing mental retardation and behavioral problem.
10 brain foods to feed the mind and body properly:
1. Whole grains: Brain needs a consistent supply of glucose, thus foods those are high in refined sugars and carbohydrates leads to rapid fluctuation in blood glucose levels and the brain doesn't get the steady fuel supply and energy for proper functioning, therefore to nourish the most active part of body include whole-grain breads, oatmeal, roasted grains in the diet of children for regular release of glucose in body. Oats are also rich in vitamin-B, Vitamin-E, potassium and zinc.
2. Eggs: The protein and nutrients in eggs help kids concentrate because the egg yolks are packed with choline which boosts memory. Eggs are also rich in protein, which provides energy to help the brain stay alert longer.
3. Fish: Fish is a good source of vitamin D and omega-3s, which protect the brain from declining mental skills and memory loss. Salmon, tuna, and sardines are all rich in Omega-3s. The more Omega-3s we can get to the brain, the better it will function and the better kids will be able to focus.
4. Seeds: Packed with protein, essential fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. Seeds may boost mood and keep your nervous system in check. For example sunflower seed butter as they are rich in folate, vitamin E and selenium and are safe for nut-free zones.try to include seeds directly to the meals.
5. Iron is important for brain development: Preschoolers and toddlers typically eat less iron-rich foods than they did in infancy. In addition, the iron that children get is usually non-Heme iron (from plant sources,) which has lower availability than heme iron (from animal source).sources beef, nuts and dark leafy vegetable (spinach) and tofu.
6. Milk and Yoghurt: Milk and yoghurt contains healthy fats and proteins those are important for brain health. The majority of the brain is made up of fat, so it is no wonder healthy fat is important to feed the developing brain. Protein is important as it can help brain cells send and receive information effectively. Yoghurt also contains good bacteria that will help boost your child's immune system as well as aid digestion, children need higher dose of vitamin D, which is present in dairy and its products.
7. Organic Foods and leafy vegetables: These organic foods are free from pesticides and insecticides and preservatives and do not cause neurodevelopment problems in children, which will impair proper brain functioning. Green leafy vegetables are loaded with vitamin A and K; these keep inflammation at bay .e.g. Spinach, kale, lettuce.
8. Walnuts: The high level of antioxidants, vitamin and minerals in walnuts improves the cognitive health of kids and improve their mental alertness also.
9. Colorful veggies: Vegetables with a rich, deep color such as tomatoes, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, carrots, and spinach are the best sources of antioxidants that support brain health and keep brain cells strong. These foods can be given from weaning age.
10. Berries: The color of the food tells the nutritional value of it. All the berries like strawberry, cherries, blueberries and blackberries have intense color are especially rich in vitamin C and high levels of antioxidants. Blueberries have high levels of Gallic acid, which boost memory by preventing degeneration of brain cells.
So, go ahead and try to include different food group to your Child's plate for a better performance.