Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mohan Kumar GowdaYour feedback matters!
My son is 6 years old he repeat the things again & again if I purchased fruits for him he ask me again & again mom I can eat but it will finish & if he found qty less than do not eat when we purchase again than he will eat and dont want to eat anybody. Every time intrested to go my old house and dont want to go any other city. He is studying class 1st getting good marks 80% but some times forget same thing again & again he is like singing music. Many time ask same thing again & again so pls suggest what should I do for his better future.
My daughter is 25 days old. She is vomiting after some feed. She does not take breast feed. She is taking Isomil. I had done electrolyte taste and the result is Potassium 5.5, Sodium 140 and Chloride 106. Is there any problem?
Hi My daughter is 6 years & very thin & her weight is 16 kg. She is not taking food properly, and every time saying vomating tendency, although not doing that. But she is quite active & loves to play. Please suggest, have given gentle syrup gr deworming few days back.
She is of 9 months. So Is Akamu/ogi/pap can be prepared in home for 9 months baby who is having milk allergy? Any suggestion what to make in home?
Children are much more susceptible to tooth decay and gum disorders than grown-ups. This is because the gum and teeth in toddlers are very delicate. Moreover, children are more attracted to sweets and other food items, which cause damage to the teeth.
Here are several ways to protect the teeth of your little one:
- Have a dental checkup: You should take your child to a dentist on his first birthday. Early prevention is important as any kind of problem in the teeth will be detected and this will save you from a lot of trouble in the future.
- Teaching healthy habits: Brushing is very important and you should teach your child to brush regularly, more than once a day. Before the development of teeth in your baby, you should brush his gums gently by using water on a soft baby toothbrush or with a clean and soft cloth. After developing teeth, brushing must be practiced with delicate toothbrushes and fluoridated toothpaste. If several teeth touch against each other, you should use flossing. Brushing is essential before going to bed, and no food should be taken after brushing.
- Prevent "baby bottle decay": You should not let your child go to sleep with a bottle of juice or milk. The sugar contained in these liquids sticks to the child's teeth, which activates bacteria and may lead to tooth decay.
- Avoid giving juice to your child: Juice may be healthy for the body, but it leads to tooth decay in little kids. The amount of regular juice intake should never be above four ounces.
- Avoid excess use of a sippy cup: Sippy cups enable children to shift from bottles to a glass. However, all day long usage of sippy cups should be restricted as it may cause decay on the front and back portions of teeth, when the drinks are rich in sugar.
- Be careful about sweet medicines: Many medicines meant for children are sugary and stick to the teeth, increasing the chance of cavities. Several antibiotics cause overgrowth of Candida or yeast and cause an oral disease known as oral thrush. This disease causes creamy patches on the tongue. In case your child needs sweet medicines, brushing should be increased.
- Stop using a pacifier by the age of 2 or 3: Pacifiers are good for children, but using pacifiers for a long period of time affects the lining of teeth. The shape of the mouth may also change. Hence, do not let your child use pacifiers after 2 or 3 years of age.
Children are quite prone to teeth disorders and decay in the teeth. Hence, measures must be taken to protect the teeth of children from any kind of disorder.