Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Mohan KumarYour feedback matters!
My sons age 10 years, can he use Listerine mouthwash, and how much dosage. Because he having very bad smell in his mouth.
Wisdom teeth is coming in my lower jaw from 2 days it's very painful. That's why I'm suffering from ear, throat and head ache. I can't eat and talk. My mouth become large what should I do?
I have problem that is teeth problem when ieat cool items my teeth are painful please tell me the solution to me.
There front upper primary tooth knocked out with root of my 3 yrs old son. After that with in 1/2 hr we went to dentist and dentist re-implant it, now after 5 days, due to this doctor unable to take x-ray to prevent harm on teeth. Please suggest that whether we need to extract the teeth or wait to stick completely with inner bone.
I am getting cavity (teeth black hole or sadaan) in my teeth. I don't want to get root canal. I think it will take much time to get cured. What should I do it is getting much pain in it which unbearable today please help?
Diabetes is a degenerative disease, which affects your metabolism. As a result of metabolic irregularities, every part of the body is affected. The following are early indications of untreated diabetes:
- Increased thirst
- Increased urination
- Increased hunger
In addition to the ones above, the following are associated symptoms:
- Blurred vision
- Slow healing of cuts
- Itchy skin
How can diabetes affect your mouth?
- Diabetes increases the risk of infections and delayed regeneration of damaged/dead cells. As a result, fungal infections like thrush may develop in your mouth.
- Because of poor healing of wounds as a result of diabetes, extensive gum damage may occur.
- Periodontitis is a severe effect of diabetes in which your gums begin to move away from your teeth, leading to a formation of pockets between your gums and teeth, which fill up with pus and germs. The damage can be stopped only with gum surgery and removal of affected teeth.
The single most effective way to prevent damage to your teeth is to actively control blood sugar content by regularly taking medicines and following a healthy diet recommended by your doctor. Common methods of dental protection go a long way to help prevent oral problems because of diabetes. These include:
- Brush thoroughly and carefully after every meal (wait 30 minutes for food acids to neutralize, and then brush as this helps in effective cleaning)
- Use non-alcoholic mouthwash to treat dry mouth and disinfect the oral cavity
- Floss at least once everyday
- Use a soft bristled toothbrush
- Remove your dentures and clean them regularly. Do not sleep putting them on
- Quit smoking, chewing tobacco and chewing gums with sugar in them
I have pain in my teeth. If I eat anything cold item lile ice cream or drink cold water it is very painful. I concern with dentist he said I am suffering with sensitivity. Please refer the medicine or treatment of this. I am from Chandigarh.
Sir my father is having pain in left tongue. Doctor advised for biopsy but in place of this we move to ayurvedic treatment and from 7 months he was feeling comfort but from last few days he again feeling the same problem. We don't want to do biopsy because this disease may increase and spread by this. Can this problem destroy by ayurvedic or homeopathy treatment. He is 76 years old. Till now we don't know exactly what is problem.
Sir I have an ulcer problem in my mouth oftenly as I treated for it, its recovered bt its again comes and most of the time it remains in mouth so please give me a proper suggestion or treatment
Hello doctor. From last one year my front teeth become loose little bit for one or two then automatic it becomes tight later please tell me the problem.
I have rashes on my gums and I have gone for opg twice on doctors advice there was nothing in opg everything is OK but I have rashes on my gums which gives inflammation and many times when rashes increase I have pain in my ears for which I went to ent doctor everything was OK dentist told that its neuralgia I was having pain in left side face its OK now rashes in gums are feel by touching with tongue I have two small holes in roof of mouth what is this and how it can be cured is this any big problem like mouth cancer.
I have a problem of" Gums bleeding" please tell me what to do to resolve this problem. Suggest me some medicines and toothpaste to stop gums bleeding.
I am 20 years old male, my gums on mouth are in dark (black) in colour. Please give the reason and remedy?
A generation ago, we would not see so many adolescents with braces as we do currently. Orthodontics, the branch of dentistry involved in the use of braces to align and move teeth to form that perfect arch, has seen rapid advancements in the past few decades and continues to grow at a rapid pace.
The fundamental principle is that teeth are held in place by surrounding elastic tissues, and minor constant forces can be applied to align them better. Small metal brackets are applied on the teeth and a wire is passed through them so that there is a constant force on the teeth. The amount and direction of force is managed by the doctor. The younger the age, the more elastic the tissue is, the easier it is to move teeth.
There are two main things to understand in terms of your options - relation of age with orthodontic treatment and the choices of braces.
Firstly, it has a correlation with age. Over the years, more people in their 20s and early 30s are choosing to have braces. Though the teeth and more importantly the surrounding periodontium become less elastic with age, the amount of force exerted is increased and therefore tooth movement is enabled. Also, in older patients, tooth removal may be required more frequently to make space for proper alignment.
Second is the choice of braces.
- In the earlier days, bands were placed around the teeth and a wire was then used to connect all these bands to enable tooth movement. Gradually, this made way to small brackets being placed on the front surface of the teeth, and a wire running through it and elastic bands connecting the bracket and the wire. This is the most effective way of moving teeth, though not aesthetic. To make it look different, the ligatures could be colored.
- For people who are constantly in the public eye, the metal braces were a deterrent and so lingual braces became popular. The brackets are applied on the inner surface of the teeth and are not seen easily. The amount of force here varies from the earlier one, and not all conditions can be treated by this method.
- The next development was the development of ceramic braces, which are also applied to the front surface of the teeth and can be used in most cases. These are more expensive than the metallic braces.
- Removable aligners is another option, which are trays which need to be worn for close to 18 hours a day to induce tooth movement. They are aesthetically okay and no metal shows during talking or smiling.
So, if you want to improve your smile, consult a dentist and find out how!