Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
I have always fever. stomach ache and abdominal pain. Also can't take proper breath lack of air in my class etc.
I am suffering from psoriasis. Since 2 months. What are the precautions, medicines, care to be taken. What I should avoid for eating. Mainly involved scalp psoriasis. Presently i am using c. Oxitard od, propysalic nf 6% oint, salytar scalp solution, derma dew cream.
I am 29 years old female. I have headache from last 2-3 days. I tried disprin but no use. Please suggest.
I have been suffering from high fever from last 3 days. I start shivering n feel better after taking medicine.
Scabies is a skin condition that causes the skin to itch. It is caused by a tiny burrowing mite, which is called Sarcoptes scabei. The presence of the mite in the burrowed areas causes intense itching, especially at night. This a contagious condition, which can quickly spread through physical contact in places like nursing homes, schools, prisons etc. Scabies is easily treatable by applying lotions to the skin that may kill the mite. Yet, one may still experience itching for several weeks.
The eight legged mite that causes the condition is microscopic. The female mite burrows just beneath the skin and makes a tunnel where it deposits eggs. These eggs hatch, mature and spread to the other areas of the skin or to the skin of other people. The body's allergic reaction to the mites, their eggs and wastes causes the itching.
Some of the symptoms of the conditions are severe itching, narrow irregular burrow tracks, which look like blisters or bumps on your skin. The burrow tracks generally appear in the folds of the skin. The common sites of the condition are between the fingers, armpits, around the waist, soles of your feet, knees, shoulder blades etc.
Some of the complications of the condition are:
- Vigorous scratching, which can break your skin and can cause a secondary infection such as impetigo. This superficial skin infection is usually caused by the staphylococci bacteria.
- Severe scratching can also lead to damaged and reddened skin, which in severe cases can start to bleed.
Crusted scabies, also known as Norwegian scabies is a severe form of the condition, which affects certain high risk groups, such as:
- People with chronic medical conditions, such as HIV/Aids or chronic leukemia
- Older people in nursing homes
- People who are very ill
Related Tip: "Must Know Risk Factors and Complication of Scabies"
I am going to marry. I have only 4.5 inches penis in erects position. I feel scare. I wanna improve it. Please give me good suggestions.
Please give me some tips After I masturbate its giving me trouble Its often making me to use toilet Drop wise urine pass or feeling to go to toilet Not at all comfortable feeling like constipation only after masturbation.
Hi sir this is venkatesh, I am suffering from cold and cough since 8-9 months it is not curing I am having more cold and cough plzz say me sir what I want to do.
Hi this is shaikh Mubassir , my Question is how I will expand my ejaculation timing because it is done in 4 to 5 minutes. Please help me to give pleasure to my wife.
Dear doctors, im suffering skin penetration In inner skin of my penis, while washing it cause Bad odour with soap and the skin getting thinner. Im feeling shy to visit clinic, one doctor mentioned it as polio prosthetics. Kindly suggest some medicines to cure. Thank you.
Sadly, there is no known cure for HIV. However, it can be controlled through medication. HIV or the Human Immunodeficiency Virus attacks the body's immune system and over time leaves it vulnerable to a number of other diseases. In its most advanced stages, it can lead to AIDS. Hence, it is essential to control this virus in its early stages.
HIV treatment is known as Antiretroviral therapy or ART. This involves taking a series of HIV medicines on a daily basis. ART can help HIV patients live a longer, healthier life and can also reduce the risk of HIV transmission.
The first step towards getting treated for HIV is to get tested. This can be easily done at your nearest health center and the results will be kept confidential. With HIV prevention is better than cure and hence, if you have more than one sexual partner, you must insist on them getting tested as well.
As soon as you test positive for the virus, start the treatment. Do not wait till you start feeling sick. ART can be taken by anyone at any stage of the condition. If you are pregnant, breast feeding or have been diagnosed with early HIV infection, this is all the more important.
HIV medication works by preventing the HIV cells from multiplying and thus reduces the amount of HIV cells in the body. A low level of HIV cells gives the immune system a chance to recover and strengthen itself. A lowered HIV count also reduces chances of transferring the virus to another person.
ART involves following a regimen of a number of medicines. There are 25 HIV medicines that can be grouped under six drug classes depending on how they affect HIV cells. These include:
- Nucleoside Reverse Transcriptase Inhibitors
- Non-Nucleoside Reverse Transcriptase Inhibitors
- Protease Inhibitors
- Fusion And Entry Inhibitors
- Pharmacokinetic Enhancers And
- Integrase Strand Transfer Inhibitors
Usually, a person is prescribed 3 to 4 HIV medicines from a minimum of 2 drug classes. A number of factors go into deciding what form of HIV treatment is most suitable to a patient. This includes the person's individual needs, symptoms presented, potential drug interactions and possible side effects. Convenience of following the regimen and costs are also taken into account while prescribing a form of treatment to a HIV patient.
Once treatment is started, ART can be proven to be effective within 3-6 months by lowering the number of HIV cells in the body.
I have a problem of sweating in my hands and legs. I feel embarrassed for that many times. So, please kindly give me some suggestions for that.
I'm 16 year old boy named as anurag I have a problem I automatically started vomiting specially in morning. What should I do doctor?
Hi, As i am working now from past 10 months. I am getting tummy. As sit continuously for nine hours. I want to know the symptoms and treatment for dengue and viral fever. I want to know some precautions to avoid these diseases.
Vitamin D is a crucial vitamin that is soluble in fat. Vitamin D is essential for the growth of your bone and it ensures increased flow of calcium into your bloodstream by promoting the process of its absorption from the consumed food. Poor concentration of vitamin D may result in the development of rickets in children and osteoporosis in adults. Vitamin D is important in maintaining the immunity of your system; deficiency of vitamin D gives rise to a number of health problems including cardiac disorders, arthritis, hypertension, diabetes and even cancer.
Daily exposure to mild sunlight helps to synthesize Vitamin D in body. Dietary sources include milk, cod liver oils, fish, meat, fortified dairy and food products.
The most reliable way to diagnose the deficiency of vitamin D is through blood test; it is the most effective method of measuring the level of vitamin D in your blood. The following are some dominant symptoms of vitamin D deficiency:
- Influenza: According to studies, vitamin D acts a guard against the attack of a number of respiratory infections which are widespread in children. Hence, lack of vitamin D in children is responsible for the development of various respiratory tract infections and diseases.
- Depression and Schizophrenia: The root cause of depression and various other psychiatric disorders have been linked to deficiency in vitamin D. It is extremely important for expecting mothers to maintain a sufficient level of vitamin D in their body, during the gestation period to reduce the risk of delayed brain development and other mental ailments in the new born babies.
- Cardiovascular disease: Cardiovascular ailments are more prevalent among people, who tend to suffer from vitamin D deficiency. Patients who suffer from cardiac discomfort have responded well to vitamin D treatment.
- Asthma: Intake of vitamin D supplements reduces the severity and discomforts that are associated with asthma and have also shown considerable reduction in the occurrence of asthma attacks.
- Periodontal disorders: Lack of vitamin D may result in the formation of numerous harmful bacteria in your mouth and may give rise to several oral discomforts in form of painful gum inflammation, bleeding and loss of tooth. Vitamin D aids in the formation of cathelicidins and defensins, which are effective in maintaining the overall oral health.
- Cancer: Types of cancer including prostate cancer, breast cancer and colon cancer are linked with vitamin D deficiency. Supplements of vitamin D are helpful in controlling the growth and development of breast cancer, especially the estrogen sensitive breast cancer.