Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. Mohan BadagandiYour feedback matters!
I am suffering hyper thyroid. Since 2009. And now I am taking neo mercazole tablets 5 mg. Per day. Give me permanent remedy.
My TSH level was around 7 about 2 years back. I was advised to take Thyroxine /Eltroxin 50 mg tablet. Recent test shows it has gone down to 0, 29 level which is below the normal level. Please advice whether I should continue with the tablet? What other measures suggested.
Umesh has little bit large belly so what to do to decrease the size of belly & which type of breakfast is good for diabetic as he is diabetic.
I am 50 years. Suffering with diabetics for last 12 years with hypertension. Undergone twice coronary anigioplasty in last 2 years. Now under insulin therapy. Need your suggestion on this. Also suffering with frozen shoulder & sexual dysfunction.
Walnuts are a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids that have multiple health benefits including lowering bad cholesterol and increasing brain power. But did you know that having a few walnuts everyday can actually lower your risk of getting type 2 diabetes? read on to find out how.
So how can walnuts prevent diabetes?
Both high levels of ldl cholesterol in your body and improper blood vessel functioning increase the chances of developing type 2 diabetes. Making walnuts a part of your daily diet results in the enhanced functioning of your blood vessels and lowers the amount of harmful ldl cholesterol in your body, thereby reducing the risk of developing diabetes. Moreover, consuming walnuts can lower your chances of becoming obese (due to their high fibre content), which is another risk factor for diabetes.
Are there any scientific studies to back it up?
Recently a study conducted by the harvard university proved that having a fixed amount of walnuts per week was instrumental in lowering the risk of getting diabetes. This study consisted of a detailed analysis of the health and lifestyle of about 138, 000 women over the last 10 years. They were asked in every two years about their health and daily routine. Once in every four years, they disclosed information about their daily diet and the kind of food they had and how often they had it. When the research was initiated none of the participants were suffering from diabetes, while at the end of it there were nearly 6000 women who had been diagnosed with the condition. The study led researchers towards the conclusion that those women who consumed 57 or more grams of walnut every week (which is equivalent to 14 walnuts/week) reduced their risk of getting diabetes by 24%, and those who ate about 28 grams of walnut per week ensured 13% lower chances of developing diabetes.
So, start eating walnuts today to get the most of its health benefits. You can have them as a snack or you can add chopped nuts to your usual foods like rice, soups, smoothies or breakfast cereals to keep diabetes at bay.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
I have high TSH count have gained weight of around 35kG in last 2 years. Below are the count T3 - 0.90 T4 - 5.8 TSH - 8.04 Please advice medication for the same. I am not so keen on taking the medicine looking for natural recovery.
I am 40 years old others say that I have a thyroid problem but I could notify that what will be the symptoms of that please say that symptoms.
I have been found diabetic from one year. I consulted a MD and he prescribed metformin+ glimepiride tabs. After two months he prescribed only metformin SR 500. From then I am using them. After first report I never go beyond fasting 110 and PP 130 in several tests. I quit sweet taste from a year. My question is can I consume any fruit in some small quantity? Is there any problem if I drink tea with sugar occasionally?
My mother is suffering from diabetes she is 42 years old. I just wanted know that she can consume ghee. Some people say yes you should and some says no. And also jaggery replacing sugar. My mother's diabetes is 170 after meal and before meal is normal 101. So please help me out. What to eat and what not to eat.
I am a diabetic from last 4-5 years. My blood sugar level remains anything between 250 & 300 on fasting. Now I am taking GLYCOMET -1GM and VITOVIT vitamin capsule with it. Please suggest what should I do to control my blood sugar in limit.
I'm a diabetic patient and I used to take Lantus solostar at night for a couple of years, recently I changedmy my injection to Ryzodeg which is a mixture of insulin aspart and insulin degludec. My insulin is not stable now and increases or decreases. What do I do?
Diabetes or madhumeha, is a serious disease that affects many people worldwide today. Diabetes, which is referred to as maha-roga is the excess of glucose in blood. As a result, you cannot consume sweetened food, get excess urges to drink water or urinate. However, Ayurveda has the most effective solutions to control diabetes naturally.
Read on to know what best natural medications are there to cure diabetes.
- Gymnema Sylvestre or Gurmar: It is one of the most effective remedies to diabetes. It is a hypoglycemic component, which makes it ideal for treating diabetes. It helps in reducing dependency on insulin by regeneration of residual beta cells of the pancreas.
- Coccinia indica: It is another herb, which regulates diabetes very well. This plant contains components, which after consumption of carbohydrates, prevent the sudden increase in blood glucose level. It can also prevent any adverse effect on other organs of the body due to diabetes. It is found to reduce oxidative stress amongst diabetes patients by surging the vitamin C levels in the plasma, and also prevents the fluctuations in fatty acid levels amongst diabetes patients.
- Azadirachta Indica or neem: It is one of the most common household antiseptics and a wonderful cure for diabetes. It enables high glucose tolerance, and also prevents diabetic neuropathy, which may cause severe fatalities.
- Morus Indica or Mulberry: It is a food that is experimentally proven to reduce diabetes. Daily consumption of mulberry leaves for 15 days at a stretch are beneficial in limiting approximately 38% of diabetes cases among its consumers. It also protects you against oxidative stress by building the antioxidant defense system of the body and is also known to correct any lipid profile abnormality. It also delays the possibility of the appearance of cataract as a result of diabetes.
- Momordica Charantia or bitter gourd: It is another common remedy found in most Indian households. Even though it is extremely bitter in taste, its medicinal properties are exemplary, and are extensively used in Ayurvedic medicines. It also targets the beta cells of the pancreas to help boost up insulin secretion by increasing their number. Bitter gourd also helps to release more insulin by way of regeneration of the pancreas.
- Eugenia Jambolana or Indian Jamun: This Ayurvedic cure reduces blood sugar level and increases the release of insulin. The extract of "jamun" seeds help in healing of wounds quicker, usually impaired by diabetes.
- Trigonella Foenum or methi: It is another household ingredient that serves medicinal purposes in case of diabetes patients. Even 1gm of fenugreek seeds could reduce diabetes sharply in a short span of 2 months. This benefit is because of the presence of diosgenin, a compound with hypoglycemic properties.
However, all these medicinal plants should be consumed under proper guidance from professional practitioners only.
Related Tip: "5 Tips To Control Diabetes Through Diet"