Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Mohammed TabrezYour feedback matters!
Nail fungus is a fungal infection that develops under the tip of the toenail or the fingernail. It has a whitish or yellowish appearance and as the condition progresses, it causes the affected area of the nail to thicken, discolor and crumble at the edges. Usually this condition does not require any treatment, but if it turns severe, then you may require treatment to limit it from spreading.
The symptoms of this disorder are:
1. The affected nail thickens
2. There can be distortion in the shape of the nail
3. The nail can become crumbly and ragged
4. Discolored nails that lose its natural shine
5. Accumulation of debris on the nail
The infected nail may also be separated from the nail bed, causing pain and a foul odor.
The condition is usually caused by the dermatophyte fungus. In some cases, molds and yeasts can also cause fungal infections. Fungi are microscopic organisms that have certain characteristics such as:
1. They can cause complications if your nails are often exposed to moist and warm conditions
2. They usually thrive in moist and warm conditions such as showers and swimming pools
3. These fungi get into the skin through small cuts on your skin
The fungus usually affects toenails because, when you wear shoes, a warm and moist environment is created which is the perfect breeding spot for the fungus. The factors that can increase your chances of getting affected by this fungal infection are
1. Heavy perspiration
2. Athlete’s foot (a condition which is characterized by rashes between the toenails)
3. Older people are affected more as blood circulation is reduced
4. Wearing socks for extended periods of time creates warm and a humid condition for the fungi to grow
5. Certain medical conditions such as diabetes
There are certain medications that are used to treat fungal infections:
- Oral anti fungal drugs: These medications help in getting rid of fungal infections.
- Nail creams: There are certain anti fungal nail creams available that you can apply on your nails to get rid of this condition.
I have addicted of smoking (2-4 daily). I want to leave this? What I do for it. And also I have addicted about sex. Give suggestion please
I have stomach pain. Always happen at my right side. Tell me ehy its happening. I am from jamshefpur.
This is the worst time of the year, for your eyes. Pollution from firecrackers, smog due to weather change and generally ever increasing vehicular pollution adds up to be the worst for your eye health.
Protect your eyesight and take care of your eyes by following these simple daily eye care tips.
1. Eat Well: Protect your eyes from within. Eat for good vision. Eat foods that have various nutrients such as omega 3 fatty acids, zinc and lutein, vitamins A, C and E to keep eye problems at bay. Green leafy vegetables, salmon and other oily fishes, eggs and nuts, orange and citrus fruits are great for eyesight.
2. Quit Smoking: For better eye-care leave smoking. This simple activity can make you likelier to get optic nerve damage, macular degeneration and cataracts.
3. Have eye-care routine: Most of us don’t have an eye care routine, which is essential for keeping them fit. So, develop a good eye-care routine. In this routine, practice eye exercises, focusing eyes on a point far away to promote muscle development. Clean eyes everyday with fresh, clean water to reduce eye mites and other problems.
4. Wear Sunglasses: Wearing sunglasses on a regular basis will protect eyes from UV rays and ensure protection. This will help in reducing the chances of getting cataracts and developing macular degeneration.
5. Use Safety Wear: It is important that you regularly wear safety wear problems. For instance, for sports, wear eye protection products, sports goggles or protective face masks.
6. Look away from computer: A lot of us use computers too much for work and recreation. Now is the time to look away from it. Staring at the computer for long can cause eyestrain and blurry vision, trouble focusing at a distance and result in dry eyes as well as neck and shoulder pain with headaches. So, take regular breaks from that computer.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.