Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mohammed Saleem Khan
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Mohammed Saleem KhanYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 18 years old and 6 feet tall weighing 65 kg. I am doing gyming these days. I am quite lanky and wanna gain some weight and mass to tone my body. I am eating boiled eggs these days. How many of them should I take and should I avoid yolk part? Please inform me.
Hi Doctor. I have ocular migraine issue from childhood. Last migraine occurred to me was in 2009 and before that it was in 2001 to be very precise. I observe that whenever I have nasal congestion I get this migraine attack. Past week I had got one such attack after 7 years. I remember, when I was 12 years old, I visited one eye specialist with my father and he gave me eye drop which helped me a lot immediately. From last 3 days, I have a very mild headache near my eye area. And I am still able to see clearly but whenever I get this mild headache, I get a little blind spot which goes in certain seconds. Today I am feeling almost 99% fine but still want your suggestion. I want to know that Eye drop which had given me immediate relief.
I am a mother of 2 kids. I have gained weight during pregnancy. Now I am 70 kgs. My first child is 27 months old and my second baby is 11 months old now. I was 89 kgs during my second pregnancy. I am breastfeeding and so far I have lost few kilos naturally. Due to busy schedule with kids I don't get time to do any intense workout I just try to maintain a balanced healthy diet by avoiding fried and sugary food. I want to reduce another 12 to 14 kgs. I used to be 55 to 57 kgs before. Kindly guide me for loosing weight.
I had bypass surgery in Nov but it was not successful. I had again a major heartache last week. Now require advise on solution.
Hii sir/madam I have 17 years recently I am using cardia sunshine cream my pimples will gone so cream was using 1 week after stop using skinshine cream my face will very black spread all over on my face so what problem? I will restart use the cream? Please give your suggestion.
Gone are the days when mostly elderly people complained of joint and knee pain. The problem today has become common among all age groups. Knee or joint pain at any stage of life is painful, however the health problem striking early on is scary as one just dreads of living with it in the so many years to come.
Ayurveda is a very old system of medicine, which originated in India. Using herbs found in nature to cure various illnesses, knee pain and joint pain can also be permanently cured with this method indigenous to India. Arthritis and Joint pain are among the most prevalent problems faced by adults, mostly old people. As per ayurveda, 'vata dosha' Is responsible for joint and knee pain.
Here are some common Ayurvedic remedies, which help reduce knee pain:
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is medically known as Withania Somnifera. In the West, Ashwagandha is popularly known as Winter Cherry. Also, it has a lot of therapeutic properties, which include reducing joint pains.
- Banyan: The Banyan tree's medical name is Ficus Benghalensis. It has a sap very similar to the form of rubber known as latex is derived from the Banyan tree. The Banyan tree's sap is externally applied over the joints and the pain usually disappears after a few regular applications.
- Garlic: The medical name for garlic is allium sativum. Five to six cloves eaten everyday has proved to reduce knee pains.
- Ginger: Ginger is biologically called Zingiber Officinale. These can be easily included in your diet and go a long way in curbing knee pain.
The following are some ayurvedic home remedies that can be utilized to treat joint pain:
- Hot & Cold Compress: Cold and hot compresses can be utilized to ease your joint pain effectively. Heat compression decreases the pain, increases the blood circulation and relaxes the swollen joints and muscles. On the other hand, cold therapy lessens the inflammation of the affected joint. Place hot and cold towel alternatively on the affected area to achieve immediate relief from persistent pain.
- Turmeric: Add a pinch of turmeric and a teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink this solution on a regular basis for a week. Turmeric contains anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which makes it an excellent remedy for treating joint pains.
- Healthy diet: A balanced diet that comprises a lot of green leafy vegetables and fresh seasonal fruits is good for your joints. The uncontrolled intake of fatty food, dairy products, and high sodium diet must be avoided in order to avoid arthritis and joint pain.Prevention is better than cure and in order to follow that it is always beneficial to get your complete body check up done from time to time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
An arteriovenous fistula or AV fistula is a connection between the artery and vein made by a vascular surgeon at the time of hemodialysis. Hemodialysis is a treatment for kidney failure that involves a machine called dialyzer to filter the blood and remove the toxins. In order to gain a safe and easy access to the blood system during hemodialysis, the AV fistula is essential.
An AV fistula is placed in the upper arm and it causes extra pressure and extra blood to flow into the vein, thereby making it stronger and larger.
Benefits of AV Fistula
- Lower complication rates
- Less prone to injection or blood clotting
- Enables greater blood flow
- Relatively less expensive to maintain with a longer lifespan
Types of Fistula for Dialysis
All AV fistulas are created from the native blood vessels of the body, without any synthetic materials. The surgical process is quick and simple and requires a maturation time, in order to enable an increase and thickening of vessel walls.
- Radial Cephalic Fistula – This access involves a connection of the radial artery and cephalic vein. It is the hardest to create and has a lower blood flow than the other types. Typically the first choice for hemodialysis access, the radial cephalic fistula at the wrist is recommended.
- Brachial Cephalic Fistula – It is the easiest fistula that can be created by connecting the upper arm cephalic vein to the brachial artery. This access allows for a higher blood flow since the blood vessels in this part of the body are relatively larger. Also, it is easier to cannulate or introduce a tube into the vein, with a larger possible selection of cannulation sites.
- Brachial Basilic Fistula – This access is more complex to create and typically considered when multiple access procedures have failed previously. It requires the vein to be elevated and transposed in order to enable easy access. A mobilized vein from a deep location is connected to a superficial tunnel.
How does the AV Fistula Work?
Before surgery is done to insert the fistula, the surgeon may perform a vessel mapping test to analyze blood vessels and determine the best blood vessels to use. Once the surgery is performed, the fistula needs 2 to 3 months to mature and accustomed to the body before it can be used for hemodialysis.
At the start of the dialysis, the patient or healthcare provider inserts two needles into the access. One needle referred to as the arterial needle carries the blood from the body to the dialyzer machine. The dialyzer performs the kidney’s function to filter out the toxins and then it returns the filtered blood through another tube. The other venous needle carries the filtered blood back to the body.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!