Find numerous Pulmonologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pulmonologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Asthma Treatment & Management
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mohammed Attaullah Khan SYour feedback matters!
I am having cough from last 1 month I take antibiotic and many more sometimes when I cogh hard there is throbbing pain in my diapharm. Am I having tb?
I am suffering from dry cough for 2 weeks back. I have chest pain when I cough hard. Can you suggest good treatment plz.
I have suffer dry cough from last month. Till today I get cough syrup but their is no effect. So what should I do?
My daughter is 4 year old and she is suffering from asthma I give her inhellar daily but I could not get satisfactory status. Asthma attack in night and she vomit at that time pls suggest any medicine.
Hi, I am 18 years old and was diagnosed with abdominal tuberculosis and I've been on AKT4 since January 16th, I've also put on about 6 kgs since then, is this a side effect of this medicine?
I am suffering from a nose block I can't breathe properly it is irritating me so much I can't eat ice cream and I can't drink cool drinks some doctors said to me to take a surgery please give a good reply for this I'm waiting for your response Thanks.
I am 30 years male, I am having a problem of cough (belgum) from past 3 months continuously. When I wake up in the morning I get cough out. Throughout the day I keep getting cough out of my throat. Please advise.
I had a episode of pulmonary embolism 10 years ago, what are the chances for reoccrence. Do advice I am on anticoagulant pills.
I am COPD Patient, recently my hand, finger, etc tremble, my co2 retention makes problem, I have to use nebulizer, inhaler etc, is it side effect of medicine?
Sir I have been taking treatment for last six months of TB. I missed the tablet of R-cinex 600 in early morning before breakfast. But I took it very soon after break fast and then after half an hour take routine combutol 1200 mg. So there will be any problem?
COPD, which is short for Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, is a severe form of lung disease that is characterized by increased breathlessness and obstruction of airflow from the lungs. People who are suffering from COPD are at an increased risk of developing lung cancer, heart diseases and many other conditions. It includes progressive lung diseases such as chronic bronchitis, emphysema, few forms of bronchiectasis and refractory (non-reversible) asthma. The former two are the most common conditions contributing to COPD.
Chronic bronchitis induces inflammation in the airway that carries air to the lungs and fills it with mucus. This either completely blocks the airway or narrows it, causing difficulty in breathing. However in emphysema, the air sacs inside the lungs which inflate and deflate as you breathe in and out, lose their elasticity due to which less air comes in and goes out leaving you breathless.
The best way to treat COPD is to quit smoking. Your doctor may also prescribe you medications or ask you to enroll in a lung rehab program.
- Smoking: Smoking is one of the most common causes of COPD. This is because smoking is known to destroy the stretchy fibers in people's lungs and irritate the airways. Even passive smoking is unhealthy. About 90% of the people having COPD are current or former smokers.
- Genetics: Some individuals suffer from COPD even after refraining from smoking. Genes might be at the helm of COPD in such a case. AATD i.e. Alpha -1 Antitrypsin Deficiency, is a protein in the lungs, the lack of which is one of the most common genetic factor causing emphysema.
- Environmental Factors: Breathing in harmful pollutants present in your environment is also one of the causes of COPD. Fumes, dust or certain chemicals are a few examples of harmful lung irritants. Organic cooking fuel may also cause COPD. Exposing yourself to the aforementioned environmental factors for a prolonged period of time increases your risk of developing COPD substantially.
- Shortness of breath especially after exercising
- Tightness in your chest
- Unintended weight loss
- Lack of energy
- Frequent respiratory infections
- Cough accompanied by mucus
- Physical Exam where your doctor monitors the functioning of your lungs.
- Questioning about your past health (Smoking or other harmful lung irritants).
- Spirometry and other breathing tests.
- Chest x-rays and other tests to eliminate other problems which could be causing your symptoms.