Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Cardiologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Hypertension
Treatment of Heart Attack
Treatment of Syncope
Treatment of Heart Diseases
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Irregular Heartbeat
Treatment of Hole in the Heart
Treatment of Heart Specialist
Treatment of Angina
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Treatment of Heart Diseases
Treatment of Cardiac Arrhythmias
Treatment of Left Chest Pain
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Treatment of Pulmonary Hypertension
Submit a review for Dr. Mohamed AhmedYour feedback matters!
My 65 yr old aunt is being kept in ventilator after being infected by pneomonia post surgery. She suffered a mild seizure today and bp became low. What causes these seizures? are they dangerous?
Is the symptoms of high BP? is anger is the symptom or what else how can we whether it is due to high bp?.
I am 49 years old man. I have high blood pressure & triglyceride level in blood. What are the remedies?
I am taking INDITEL AM tablet to control my hypertension, any side effects on prolonged use of this tablet. Pls suggest of the three allopathic, homeopathy, Ayurvedic which has the best medicine for long term hypertension cure.
I am suffering from chest pain from last two weeks then to get relif from my pain what should I do? And totally cure.
My wife has had a stroke 3 years ago. She gets mini strokes about every 3 months, during which she goes into memory loss and her speech is distorted. About 2 days ago it happened again. This time she is unable to speak at will. She normally recovers after a few days. This is frightening. I care for her very much. Her medication is aspirin and apporosuvastatin for cholesterol. Is there a better form of treatment or medication for her condition?
My dad is suffering from high blood pressure from past 12years. After his fast attack of bell's palsy. Ever since, he is dealing with high blood pressure. And from past few days, his pulse rate is going over 100. Can you tell us what could be the problem? His last ECG report was OK, which was done a month ago.
Sir I have aortic stenosis. My cholesterol level always high I am taking atrovastin tablets for lower cholesterol level. It is effective. When I take it my body is going to Slim and painful. I want to surgery for this reason. Sir is it save? What will risk factor for surgery and After surgery .please suggest me sir. What time it will take to recovery.
Since last few days I am having burning sensation in the stomach in the morning. And I get nausea in the morning. It stops for few hours and then again it cones back and then it stops but in the morning its the most. I have pain on the left side of the chest. Burning like sensation in throat too. If I feel any symptoms I start feeling anxious and panic. And keep thinking that I have heart attack. What should I do?
Hypertension or High Blood Pressure (HBP) is a long-term or chronic health condition where the pressure of the flow of blood is always high in the arteries. High blood pressure can develop over many years and affects everyone at some point in life but if not treated for a very long time, it can escalate the risks of a number of cardiovascular problems and chronic kidney disorders.
1. Primary Hypertension - High blood pressure caused by genetic, prenatal or other natural causes like aging (people over 60 develop HBP) is known as primary hypertension.
2. Secondary Hypertension - Secondary hypertension is that which is caused due to specific conditions, like kidney disorders, lung disorders etc.
Blood pressure depends on the amount of blood pumped by the heart and the radius of the blood vessels. The delicate balance can get disturbed due to a number of factors.
Primary hypertension may be caused by genetic factors. There are 35 identified genetic loci related to blood pressure. Mutations in these can cause chronic HBP. Other factors like maternal smoking, deficiency of vitamin D, deficiency of calcium, insufficient breast milk consumption also increase the risk of HBP.
Secondary hypertension is caused by a variety of conditions like hypothyroidism, hypothyroidism, nephritis, asthma, sleep apnea, depression, pregnancy etc. Overconsumption of caffeine, alcohol, sodium and illegal drugs may also be responsible for high blood pressure.
Hypertension may not show any warning symptoms for several years while it continues to develop. A few tell-tale signs are frequent throbbing headaches, shortness of breath, nosebleeds, excessive sweating but these only occur when there is an extremely serious medical complication.
Treatment and Prevention
Hypertension is a common condition, especially after the age of 40. Medication may help control severely high blood pressure to an extent but certain lifestyle changes go a long way in both preventing and treating the disorder. Some of them are:
- Taking regular blood pressure readings after the age of 25. A normal blood pressure is not more than 120/80 mm Hg
- Obesity causes hypertension. A normal Body Mass Index of < 23 kg /sq. m. is to be maintained
- The daily diet should include at least 4 to 6 portions of fruits and vegetables
- Salt intake is to be limited
- Drinking and smoking are to be minimized
- Stress and burnout should be avoided
Apart from the pointers mentioned above it is also important that you must not stop taking your medications on your own even if the blood pressure is normal, and take calcium and magnesium supplements along with it.
Hi doctor a very good morning 2 months before I was having a feeling that I will die and after that I got an attack on the evening while I was on gym I got dizziness and my heart was beating very fast and headache and I was breathing very fast and confusion and after that after 3 day I got same attack in evening when I investigate doc said that there is nothing its normal and after that I had done ct brain which is report to be normal and my ct pns shows mild deviated nasal septum towards left and right maxillary sinusitus I had taken medicine from last two months but now also iam having headache and iam feeling that I will die iam having confusion I am feeling worry and totally lost now iam taking antidepressant pill for last 5 days but then also iam having headache. Is it due to my thinking am I depressed. Pls help iam going crazy because of this.
Unlike yesteryears chest pain or heart related problems aren’t just age related anymore. Many young people under 30 are experiencing chest pain. It seems to be directly proportional to the increasing stress levels.The medical term for mild chest pain is angina pectoris and it happens when your heart is not getting its usual requirement for blood. Such a situation occurs when one or more arteries are blocked. Angina Pectoris is experienced usually while doing physical activities or experiencing strong emotions. At such times, the heart doesn't get as much blood as it requires for normal functioning.
Broadly speaking, discomfort in the upper part of the body is the symptom of angina, the symptoms typically include:
1. It may feel like you are suffering from indigestion or gas or fullness and pressure.
2. It may also feel like chest pain spreading to the neck, back, arms, shoulder or jaw.
3. You feel better after a little rest or some medication.
4. It doesn't last for too long, at the most five minutes.
5. Shortness of breath, anxiety, dizziness, sweating, fatigue and nausea and also symptoms of angina.
Physical conditions and habits which put you at the high risk zone for angina are:
1. When you don't get enough exercise.
2. If you are a smoker
3. If you are overweight
4. If you have a history of heart diseases
5. If you are diabetic
6. If you suffer from blood pressure of high cholesterol
Steps You Must Do To Manage the Pain and Resultant Effects
1. Calm Down - The first thing to do to counter angina pains is to rest and calm down. If you are doing physical activity, stop doing it. And if you are under emotional turbulence, you need to find ways to calm down immediately. Meditate, if needed.
2. Get Professional Help - Do not delay in consulting the doctor and ensure that you take the prescribed medication diligently. In situations where the damage is much more and medications cannot clear the problem, surgery is resorted to.
3. Change Of Lifestyle - In the long run, lifestyle change is a good idea. Staying fit, a clean medical report and keeping a healthy lifestyle will keep enough blood pumping into your heart.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.