Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Modhulika BhattacharyaYour feedback matters!
Mere 24 din phle operation se baby hua hai. Ab mujhe continue fever, joint pain, cold and cough and weaknesses rhti h. Me ye consult karna chahti Hu ki operation se delivery k bad dasmularista kada pi sakti hai ya nah. Please help me.
1. Most common cause of pain between 15-35 years of age is fibro-cystic disease, which occurs due to hormonal fluctuations.
2. In fibrocystic disease, there is cyclical pain, which is more in intensity just before the menstrual periods
3. Cyclical pain is commonly seen in patients who are overweight and hypothyrooid.
4. Ultrasound should always be done to rule out any lumps/ cancer.
5. During these episodes of pain, try wearing a sports bra. It offers good support and reduces the pain. You can also apply anti-inflammatory gels over the site of pain.
6. Large cysts (>1.5 cm) should be aspirated - they help in reducing pain
7. Cancer usually presents as a painless lump in the breast
8. Sometimes breast pain can be due to musculo-skeletal causes.
9. If there is one particular point, where pain in occurring (specially close to the middle), then it could be due to costo-chondritis (inflammation of the joint between cartilage and bone)
10. Costo-chondritis can be managed by pain-killers and local injection of steroids
Please make sure you get yourself treated from an expert breast surgeon, who knows the various causes of breast pain and their management.
My marriage was in the year 2012. Till now we have no children. Husbands semen was analysed count was 60. And motility 28. I go through follicular study. Dr. told egg was not raptured. And took 3 injection per month. Is there any prblm doctor. I am totally upset. Is there any chance to carry a baby.
June 14, is celebrated around the world as the World Blood Donor Day every year. The event, established in 2004, helps raise awareness about the need for safe blood and blood products like platelets. This day is observed to thank all the blood donors worldwide for their voluntary, life-saving gift of blood.
Why should you donate blood?
You may not know this but blood donation by just 1% of the population can meet a nation’s requirements for blood. Blood transfusion can save lives and improves health this is a fact that we all know and acknowledge, but many patients requiring transfusion do not get timely access to safe blood, resulting in preventable death.
You would not wish such a death on our near and dear ones, would you?
This is the reason why healthy, voluntary donors like you and us must donate blood regularly. Voluntary, unpaid blood donors are also the backbone of a country’s blood donor base as they are the safest group of donors with the lowest prevalence of blood borne infections like hepatitis and HIV. Low risk populations are people who do not indulge in high-risk activities like unprotected sex, drug use etc. The World Health Organization’s goal is for all countries to obtain their entire blood supplies through voluntary unpaid donors.
Blood transfusion is needed for:
- Women with complications during pregnancy, like ectopic pregnancies, also called high-risk pregnancies, and hemorrhage before, during or after childbirth
- Anaemic children due to malaria or malnutrition
- People with severe trauma due to accidents and natural disasters
- Complex medical and surgical procedures like for cancer
- Regular blood transfusions for people with conditions such as thalassaemia and sickle cell anemia, a disease where the blood can’t transmit enough oxygen to body cells.
- To make products such as clotting factors for people with haemophilia
- Fresh blood is needed all the time because blood can be stored for only a limited time before use.
Hence, regular blood donations by an optimum number of blood donors who are healthy are required to ensure that safe blood is available whenever and wherever it is needed.
- Indeed, blood is the most precious gift that you can give to another person. It’s a gift of life.
- Your decision to donate your blood can save a life, or even several lives. This can happen if your blood is separated into its components like red blood cells, platelets and plasma. These can be used individually for patients with specific conditions like platelets can be used for treating dengue because this viral infection can damage one’s blood platelets.
Need another reason to donate blood?
Well, you can get a number of health benefits when you donate blood. You will receive a mini physical at the time of blood donation to check your:
• Haemoglobin levels
• Blood pressure
• Body temperature
And contrary to belief, your body replaces the blood lost at the time of a donation effortlessly and without any harm to your system. So donate blood regularly and save lives. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
I am 32 years old unmarried female. My periods are irregular and scanty. I have been doing homeopathy treatment. I also got my ultrasound done. The report is as under: PELVIC ULTRASOUND The uterus is anteverted and measures 80x40x36 mm with smooth outline. Can you pls advise what the report says and why are my periods irregular and scanty. Further pls advise medication. The myometrial echo-pattern is homogenous. The endometrial lining is central, 7.0 mm. The myo-endometrial interface is fairly preserved. Both the adnexal regions are clear without any mass or collection. Both the ovaries are globular and display immature appearing follicles, measuring 4-5 mm, arranged at the periphery. The right ovary measures 41x35x15 mm with a volume of 12. 3 cc. The left ovary measures 46x23x16 mm with a volume of 9.2 cc. The appearances of the ovaries are not classical for PCOD. Necessary hormonal workup may be carried out to exclude the same. The Pouch of Douglas does not show any free fluid. The urinary bladder is normal in outline. I have got the following test done to rule out hormonal imbalance: 1. S.tsh 2. S.fsh 3. S. Prolactin 4. Haemogram The reports of all are normal. Pl advise ayurvedic medicine.
What do you do when the munchies strike? Do you look for the healthiest option and wait for it? Or do you simply grab what you see instantly and stuff it in before you have second thoughts about it? Chances are, you may be onto a healthy diet which is being countered by an unhealthy snack time. So what can you do to snack in a healthy way? Read on to know more!
- Take Smaller Meals: Instead of doing three feast like meals and then vowing to stay hungry in between, it is better to instead divide your meals into five or six mini meals that will keep you going the whole day. This will keep you feeling full, and prevent you from reaching out for fatty, oily or excessively sweet food.
- Timing Matters: Knowing when and how to take your meals will decide whether or not you feel hungry for a snack at odd hours. Try to have breakfast within an hour after you wake up, and have your last meal well before bedtime. This will give your metabolism a kick and keep it working until your body's digestive fires are on so that you do not feel the need for snacks.
- Healthy Snacks: Who said snacks need to be composed entirely of junk food? You can create mini meals out of healthy sacks and learn to enjoy them too. Carry a small airtight jar of mixed dry fruits and nuts, roasted flaxseed, and other such ingredients which you can munch on. These ingredients help in curbing the hunger to a great extent. Also, you can indulge in a portion of fruit between one meal, and a salad between another. Whole grain crackers can also save you a great deal of calories.
- Bring Protein and Carbohydrates Together: Looking for a quick dose of energy as you sit slumped at your work desk, ready to demolish an entire muffin? Well, think of proteins and carbohydrates instead. A yummy dip with whole grain crackers, or a box of chickpeas seasoned with your favourite condiments, will do the trick. These snacks will help keep you full for longer periods, even as they give you a shot of energy without an unhealthy diet.
- Small Treats: Get yourself a small treat every once in a while so that you remember to enjoy the smaller things without going full on binge.
- Multitask: Get on to an important task while you snack so that you end up eating less, and you work more of your energy into the task instead.
- Snacking is not the offense: Snacking on the wrong thing is. So remember to be mindful of these tricks to get yourself a healthier snack.
1. Important Myths And Facts About Sex During Menstruation
Having Sex During Periods Can Lead To Pregnancy
Fact: Although the chances of you getting pregnant if you have sex during periods are minimal, it pays to be extra cautious and be safe every time you opt for sex, even during periods. Another thing that needs to be noted here is that sperm can survive inside the human body for a few days. And in case you have unprotected sex during periods and ovulate early, your chances of getting pregnant increase manifold.
2.Menstrual Blood Is Harmful For The Penis
Fact: A common, misplaced notion among women is that menstrual blood is dirty fluid that carries infections and other impurities. And so it could be harmful for the penis, should it come in contact with the same.
The truth is that menstrual blood is not at all considered impure and is in fact just a mixture of healthy blood and tissues that the body does not need (these line the uterus for pregnancy and are shed every month when the periods pass). So coming in contact with this blood would not harm the penis in any way.
3.Sexual Intercourse During Periods Can Harm The Uterus
Fact: Every month when your periods occur, a small opening develops in the uterus to pass menstrual blood. The common notion is that this opening is large and having sex during periods can cause the penis to poke into the hole and injure the uterus. This is not possible at all as the opening would be too small for the penis to enter. And so, there is absolutely no harm to the uterus if you have sex during your menstrual cycles.
4.Sex During Periods Can Cause Aids And Other Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
Fact: There is no way you can contract AIDs via sex unless one of the partners is HIV infected. If you have unprotected sex with an individual who is HIV positive, chances are you will get infected as well, be it during your menstrual cycles or after.
The same goes for Sexually Transmitted Diseases. As mentioned earlier, menstrual blood is nothing but a mixture of normal blood and tissues that line the uterus. And so it would not contain any infections, impurities or agents that can cause STDs.
However, if you or your partner already has STD then the chances of the infection spreading would be greater. So make it a point to use a condom during sex, even during periods.
5. Sex During Periods Can Offer Relief From Menstrual Cramps And Excessive Bleeding
Fact: To an extent this is correct. Sex during periods can relieve women of menstrual cramps owing to the fact that orgasms can stimulate the release of certain chemicals in the body which can reduce pain. Again, sex during menstruation can reduce pain by using up the chemicals called prostaglandins which are responsible for menstrual cramps.
Having sex during periods can also stop excessive menstrual bleeding (in terms of the number of days). This does not necessarily mean that the blood stays inside the body. Rather, sexual intercourse would cause the uterus to contract and expand faster, thereby propelling the fluid and tissue out of the body faster. Therefore, there are strong chances for your periods to stop earlier than expected although you can expect heave flow during the initial days.
My partner and I had protected sex about 20 days ago I got my periods but it lasted only for 2-3 days I am confused whether it was periods or pregnancy bleeding though the flow was heavy and my stomach was also paining is there any chance of pregnancy?
Sir; m married recently and we don't wanna child for 2 years. My wife is not happy to use condoms so pls suggest any other medicine so that we can avoid child now.
Actually my friend she has thyroid she was having irregular periods which means she had periods thrice in two months. Which might be because of intake of ipill continuously. This month she had sex on 4 where the sperms did not went inside her and had her periods on 9 which was her actual date of periods for this mnth. She had periods in a very little amount. Like we girls have on our 7th day she had that little amount of periods in the whole span of seven days. Not even a single sanitary napkin was fully consumed. Nor she had any ipill this month. Is there any chances of pregnancy. Or is it because of the heavy flow of blood in those last two months of her period which has lead to little amount of flow this month.
My aunt has a boy (4 years old. Now she wants her 2nd child So she came to know that if intercourse will happen before 2/3 days of ovulation then there is a chance of a girl child. Her period starts on 10/11 of every month and ends on 12/13 .this month happened on 10-8-16. So which date will be her ovulation date? Is this process works if yes then how? If not then please give any suggestion and which precautions should be taken in this process? And which food works more for a child .sir/madam your valuable suggestions will be good for us.
There is continuously pain in Right breast continuously over a month Randomly with redness in nipple. What can I do.!
Planning for the baby is the most important point comes first after marriage towards the couple. How we can get child best ever. What are the guidelines for making our child genius, clever, intelligent, cultured, civilized, polite all qualities to make itself best ever? ayurveda and all vedas of indian cultures makes more important on quality of the next generation and the rushis of ancient india are all time alert for producing the best generation in society. Thus ayurveda mentioned many ideas for getting best child. One of them garbhsanskar -having a child with desired quality.